Sunblaze - Balance Azerite Trait

Just a heads up to moonkins not aware, you only receive the buff to starsurge after your wrath hits the target. It's a bit of an annoyance. IMO the buff should be gained upon a successful wrath cast.

As it stands now, if you cast wrath -> starsurge. That starsurge will not benefit from the trait.

If you're casting multiple wraths to build AP for a starsurge this won't effect you. But if you are weaving between Empowered Lunar Strikes and Empowered Solar Wraths, you'll want to cast Wrath -> LS -> Starsurge instead of LS -> Wrath -> Starsurge.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2018-09-26 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks for the heads up. That sounds particularly annoying if you have Dawning Sun as well!

Quote Originally Posted by nlc View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. That sounds particularly annoying if you have Dawning Sun as well!
    Dawning Sun should not have the same issue since Lunar Strike does not have a travel time, so benefits of Solar Wrath casts after will occur immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Dawning Sun should not have the same issue since Lunar Strike does not have a travel time, so benefits of Solar Wrath casts after will occur immediately.
    Sorry I meant Dawning Sun paired with Sunblaze. So the Dawning Sun wants you to cast the Lunar Strike first to get the Solar Wrath buff and Sunblaze wants you to cast Solar Wrath first so it hits by the time you're done casting Lunar Strike. It makes it difficult to use them together.

7+ Year Old Account
    Streaking stars suffered the same problem. Effect was on hit, not on cast, quite unfun, too bad they don't care about making things more fun.

At least with Streaking stars, you can work around it, though? Precast with wrath and then press incarn/ca for a double hit with SS, and finish the duration with a moonfire/sunfire hit if your DoTs are rolling off. This sounds like just an annoyance. I don't like Dawning Sun myself either, as I've grown so used to precasting Wraths for a bigger burst.