Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I gotta say... seeing the WC3 "Reforged" announcement, it really has me missing 2hand Frost more than ever. Blizzard seriously fucked up when they removed that option, and I really wish they would just bring it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i might actually resub if 2-hand Frost made a comeback. I'd like to play a hard hitting 2-hand spec and i'd rather not have to roll Arms or Ret to do so.

Horde How to keep making Bliz aware of this wish

I so miss the days of running around seeing that bad ass 2-hander on my back, not only for gameplay/animation reasons, but the RP feel it gives you... I love the aesthetics and effects of Frost so I just can't go Blood or unholy just to play 2H, it just doesn't feel like the frost DK that was sold to us in the first place. I need that Arthas feel like the screenshot posted above, that was the whole selling point of the class and the sole reason why I rolled a DK.

I also don't buy the whole balancing argument. There are way more complicated mechanics in the game that can be balanced.

For years I've been dreaming and reading all these forums and seeing YouTube video's of people discussing this.
    Is there really no way we can reach out to Blizzard to put in an official request. I'm sure this has been done in the past, but the only way to ever have a chance for this to be an option again is to keep submitting the request somehow. All forums are overflowing with class requests, I have the feeling ours is just snowed under and not even on their radar.

I can’t get a 1 Hanner to save my life and my 2h is 385 with socket. Bring back 2h frost

Deleted
    Regardless of the DK Frost 2h argument it is just simply mind blowing the amount of melee duel wielding specs in this game. The game needs more 2h melee.

Deleted
    Arthas Lich King is a Death Knight, he's not a single spec. Most of his abilities are Unholy but his aesthetic is Frost. In fact, I think 'frost' shouldn't even be a spec, ALL DK's have innate necromantic frost magic keeping them up, just look at their eyes. Frost powers should be class abilities not spec.

The main point is transmog, same reason I want Fury warriors to have 1 handers aswell as an option.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-11-10 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Arthas Lich King is a Death Knight, he's not a single spec. Most of his abilities are Unholy but his aesthetic is Frost. In fact, I think 'frost' shouldn't even be a spec, ALL DK's have innate necromantic frost magic keeping them up, just look at their eyes. Frost powers should be class abilities not spec.

The main point is transmog, same reason I want Fury warriors to have 1 handers aswell as an option.
    Death Knights would have been fine if there was only Blood and Unholy. I've always preferred Frost, but realize that any particular "playstyle" could have been an option through Unholy if done correctly. Interesting talent choices and what have you. And I imagine if the DK class were released today, there would be only Blood and Unholy similar to how DH's were handled with only having two specs.

But the biggest reason why Frost feels so neglectable is because of the Mastery stat. Trying to shoe-horn the total design of the spec around Frost damage is difficult. Especially when the Death Knight encompasses so much more including Necromancy, diseases, Shadow magic with the ability to leech life. The focus on just Frost magic feels very narrow and doesn't bring the full concept of being a Death Knight to the aesthetic table. And not being able to wield a 2H weapon just intensifies that feeling of not being a true Death Knight.

Hopefully that will be rectified one day one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I think this looks cool enough

He's wielding a pair of Two handed swords there mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    No they arent that weapon isnt even CLOSE to the same graphic. He is using 2 https://www.wowhead.com/item=39344/s...f-the-lifeless which are one handers
    Darion Mograine is the only one who has been known to wield Slayer of the Lifeless...

This is Thassarian

As you can see, the details are near identical
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2018-11-11 at 12:24 AM.

You know that old friend from high school who never quite got anywhere past high school graduation? Maybe he dropped out of college, or never left his job as cashier at Shop Rite and now whenever you talk to him he just keeps rehashing the "glory days" of high school-this the 2H frost mindset right now.

We tell them it's time to "get a real job", to "go back to school", "be willing to apply to jobs out of state", to "just move on...." but no they are content reliving and forever yearning for days long gone by.
    Last edited by Bisque; 2018-11-12 at 12:24 AM. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    You know that old friend from high school who never quite got anywhere past high school graduation? Maybe he dropped out of college, or never left his job as cashier at Shop Rite and now whenever you talk to him he just keeps rehashing the "glory days" of high school-this the 2H frost mindset right now.

We tell them it's time to "get a real job", to "go back to school", "be willing to apply to jobs out of state", to "just move on...." but no they are content reliving and forever yearning for days long gone by.
    Its more like the kid who wanted to be a musician but instead his parents forced him to be an engineer, i mean he's making good money and his belly is full "but the soul is empty".

So everybody who preferred how their spec played in a previous expansion is either a basement-dwelling loser or about to suck down a shotgun shell. Those sure are compelling arguments, fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post

get a real argument. or move on.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

They should just make your main hand moggable to a 2 hander and add the offhand hits together, not hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpina View Post
    how much cooler do you wanna get. isn't frost ...cool enough?
    Urgh...

*Points at the exit*

10+ Year Old Account
    because DK was never meant to duel wield, when u imagine a DK, u imagine with a big ass 2h weapon, not duel wield chopsticks
    can u name an iconic dk with duel wield before blizz shoved it in our throats in MoP? WoD?
    and to add insult to injury they made us reforge the MOST iconic weapon in warcraft history to 2 swords, i wanted to cry when i was doing that, luckily my main isn't DK
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

To me, in legion, I didn't care... but now in a post artifact weapon world, I want frost to have the option to use a 2hander only because obtaining 1 weapon is far easier than obtaining 2.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    because DK was never meant to duel wield, when u imagine a DK, u imagine with a big ass 2h weapon, not duel wield chopsticks
    can u name an iconic dk with duel wield before blizz shoved it in our throats in MoP? WoD?
    and to add insult to injury they made us reforge the MOST iconic weapon in warcraft history to 2 swords, i wanted to cry when i was doing that, luckily my main isn't DK
    Original DK (WC3 campaign with Arthas), it was honestly more of a battle mage on horse back. He used the sword in just his right hand while he cast spells with his left. https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...hKnightWC3.gif It was the fodder knights in Nax and ICC that did 2h. Lorewise, DK default weapons should be a 1.5-2H length sword and using it with 1 hand (Since their strength allows for holding it with 1 hand). Most of the four horsemen did the same https://www.wowhead.com/object=18136...st#screenshots, where some use staffs.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    None of what you said holds up to any scrutiny.

Never meant to dual-wield? Weird, it's like you have no idea that the class launched with the ability to do so, and a talent tree supporting it.

What you want to image a Death Knight as? You can have you own personal opinion, and you can insult what other like all you want, but you do not speak for everyone, let alone the lore. And the lore does validate dual-wielding as something that Death Knights can do. If you don't like it, then congratulations, you don't like part of Death Knights. Suck it up, and move on if that isn't your thing.

Shoved dual-wield down your throat in MoP and WoD? There's just no sense to this claim. WoD was the most successful 2H had ever been in PvP, and that was the most success 2H Frost had over it's lifetime. PvE-wise DW wasn't "forced" anymore than it ever had been just by being the superior PvE spec for all but the first tier of WoD.

You don't know of an iconic dual-wielding Death Knight prior to MoP/WoD? Even though there are several that go all the way back to Wrath. Darion and Thassarian were dual-wielding at the expansion launch. These are no obscure characters. To not know these very prominent figures in the lore that guide you through much of the story, again, just indicates that you don't really know the class all that well.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    -snip-
    ok then let me rephrase it, like how we were expecting classes from wc3 to be similar in wow, imagine giving us demon hunter soloing a 2h weapon, that what happened
    wow dks are not related to wc3 dk, that part is obvious since start, however - again - DK impose fear and terror, a 2h weapon cause more fear than duel wield can ever do, and as a guy above u replied to me already, the most iconic frost DK is Arthas, and Arthas is using Frostmourne not 2 chopsticks
    duel wield 1h weapon for me is always a rogue stuff, fight cheap and dirty, but rogues don't cause u to flee in terror, in fact rogues - when spotted from afar - cause u to run to them before they hide, the image of DK is if u see him run away, now make a DK 1/4 rogue and make him duel wield like him... yeah that sucks
    if they really want DKs to keep duel wield let them be like warriors, duel titan grips, the twin princes was smaller than average sword, why did paladins get to use Ashbringer - the 2nd most iconic weapon -, but dks couldn't use Frostmourne ? If because 'class was about duel wield dps', they literally changed survival hunter after 12 years from ranged (and longest range even) in game to melee, they could done same for DK
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Why not just enjoy dual wield DKs?

Drizzt Do'Urden