Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Ok this gearing system is getting rediculous

So I'v been farming for azerite gear since uldir release and I'm still wearing 340 gear.

Today I did normal heroic and a little mythic with bonus rolls and nothing .

Going to a m+ for a ring 2 run nothing I'm really starting to feel frustrated from this systems

Is it a common thing or am I just unlucky because I'm considering leaving because its not fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightup View Post
    So I'v been farming for azerite gear since uldir release and I'm still wearing 340 gear.

Going to a m+ for a ring 2 run nothing I'm really starting to feel frustrated from this systems

Is it a common thing or am I just unlucky because I'm considering leaving because its not fun
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Been hunting the Shrine of the Storms Azerite shoulders on my druid since week 1, even trying to bonus roll them for the last 3 weeks now - haven't even seen them once.

<snip>
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2018-09-30 at 01:54 PM.

Azerite pieces not dropping in M+ is really really dumb. I'm 372 ilvl and wearing a 340 chest due to having extremely limited chances per week at anything higher. That's godawful itemization design.

did a mythic 6 last week and the week before, got a 355 chest with terrible traits in the box twice in a row. I hate it. I hate it a lot.

My cousin and I have ran over 100 Mythic plus dungeons and we have yet to see a weapon drop for him. I have 370+ pieces in all my slots and 340 for all my azurite pieces. To put salt on the wound, I was inspecting my buddies third alt and it already sims higher than my main character and has two 395 trinkets. FUN GAME!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Been hunting the Shrine of the Storms Azerite shoulders on my druid since week 1, even trying to bonus roll them for the last 3 weeks now - haven't even seen them once.

<snip>
    look on the bright side

it got nerfed so you dont need it anymore

then again, that specific thing isnt exactly different from the past.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2018-09-30 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.
    This is when you're supposed to realize gearing in 2009 was (nearly) infinitely slower than in 2018
    2-3 items per month was a pretty normal gearing pace (from your main raids), and now you're all swearing and spitting when you don't have full Uldir gear after a few resets.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2018-09-27 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    This is when you're supposed to realize gearing in 2009 was (nearly) infinitely slower than in 2018
    2-3 items per month was a pretty normal gearing pace (from your main raids), and now you're all swearing and spitting when you don't have full Uldir gear after a few resets.
    Not entirely true, you remember those sweet emblem of triumphs/emblem of frost or whatever they were called? You could target your piece by grinding, you could buy tier set or pvp gear if you were into arenas. It was rewarding imo. In one week you could have 1 piece of tier if I remember correctly. It may not seem much, but you earned that piece and it was a sure upgrade for you. Plus of course there were the raids, VoA, tokens to even more upgrades. To me, doing something over and over and have only to pray for the RNG is not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Not entirely true, you remember those sweet emblem of triumphs/emblem of frost or whatever they were called? You could target your piece by grinding, you could buy tier set or pvp gear if you were into arenas. It was rewarding imo. In one week you could have 1 piece of tier if I remember correctly. It may not seem much, but you earned that piece and it was a sure upgrade for you. Plus of course there were the raids, VoA, tokens to even more upgrades. To me, doing something over and over and have only to pray for the RNG is not that great.
    you'd always get suboptimal pieces and no weapons. but eh sure w/e

Ya I'm still pretty puzzled why they removed justice points or badges or whatever they were in the end.

I have an alt that I leveled 2 days ago and I'm going to be around 330 today. I also can't no life gearing it since I have plenty of outside the game responsibilities that come first. I think the problem is you chose not to do certain activities that reward you higher level gear. You get 2 pieces that dont require luck in the past two resets. This goes without saying the free 370 and 340 piece at the opening of uldir. If anything this is the easiest expansion to gear in to date. By next week I'll be around 350 probably. No I dont participate in organized raiding this tier either.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2018-09-27 at 01:14 AM.

idk im 380 ilvl and im playing the game.

seems fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    look on the bright side

it got nerfed so you dont need it anymore

then again, that specific thing isnt exactly different from the past.
    Ye, it got nerfed, so now I need the other trait that's exclusive to the exact same shoulder piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I have an alt that I leveled 2 days ago and I'm going to be around 330 today. I also can't no life gearing it since I have plenty of outside the game responsibilities that come first. I think the problem is you chose not to do certain activities that reward you higher level gear. You get 2 pieces that dont require luck in the past two resets. This goes without saying the free 370 and 340 piece at the opening of uldir. If anything this is the easiest expansion to gear in to date. By next week I'll be around 350 probably. No I dont participate in organized raiding this tier either.
    You assume stuff based of no information and it directly blaming me for the entire thing I didnt think it was relevant to say that the 370 chest I got is a piece of shit compare to my 340 also not relevant that mythic and pvp cache because no azerite gear dropped from it.

let me make myself clear so you wont assume stuff I farmed every available system for azerite gear and I still haven't seen a piece of azerite above 340 drops (regarding the guaranteed 370 see above also irrelevant as I talked about drops and not guaranteed pieces)
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    idk im 380 ilvl and im playing the game.

seems fine to me.
    so what you're saying is "I got my items the system is fine" whiteout any other explanation to back your statement and you expect anyone to believe you?
    Last edited by Lightup; 2018-09-27 at 02:32 AM.

It's ridiculous that you can't spell ridiculous

The loot system this expansion is completely fucked. The worst it's ever been.

The only way it could be worse is if they re-added Legiondaries.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Azerite armor is the worst thing that's ever happened to this game. Does this system have any upsides at all?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Awwww, you did a couple of bosses and no loot dropped? Awww.

It's fucking random.

You can get no items for a while, and then you can get multiple items on a row.

*gasp*

10+ Year Old Account
    Frustrating for me, too - got 2x 370 azerite pieces from the world boss -but they have really bad traits. So i `m using 3x 340 pieces.
    Also got a 380 ring from the weekly +10 chest, that is a 8-11% downgrade from my 355 rings.
    Cleared uldir 3x on normal on my alt warlock - not a single azerite item.