Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    though I did enjoy the wrath iteration of the eclipse bar.
    Wasn't Wrath when we still had the crit procs, but on seperate CDs? IIRC the bar first appeared in Cataclysm.

The WoD iteration would probably have worked better with a circle/clock UI.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wasn't Wrath when we still had the crit procs, but on seperate CDs? IIRC the bar first appeared in Cataclysm.

The WoD iteration would probably have worked better with a circle/clock UI.
    I remember there still being a bar in WotLK, maybe there wasn't. For some reason I have a distinct memory of being in the first Violet Hold and having Eclipse Bar but it didn't have to alternate, you could go lunar, back to middle, then back to lunar again if you wanted to.

I remember there still being a bar in WotLK, maybe there wasn't. For some reason I have a distinct memory of being in the first Violet Hold and having Eclipse Bar but it didn't have to alternate, you could go lunar, back to middle, then back to lunar again if you wanted to.
    4.0 maybe?

I think Astral Power is the first system we actually kept for longer than one expansion without significant changes.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    4.0 maybe?

I think Astral Power is the first system we actually kept for longer than one expansion without significant changes.
    Yeah, I guess maybe pre-patch. I look back on WotLK so favorably because I remember being very competitive as a moonkin, and not just some mid-tier option.

I like the astral power system, again I just think our azerite traits need to tweaked so that there isn't only a few that are viable.

I like Astral Power. I like being able to pool resources for specific moments of burst/Aoe. The only thing I need are buffs to the class damage.

Yeah, I guess maybe pre-patch. I look back on WotLK so favorably because I remember being very competitive as a moonkin, and not just some mid-tier option.

I like the astral power system, again I just think our azerite traits need to tweaked so that there isn't only a few that are viable.
    Yeah, unfortunately instead of having class differentiation coming from utility, Blizzard has decided that how well you deal damage and utility are required to maintain class distinctions. The eclipse bar did get added back in the Cata patch, it was in response to how rng-dependent balance dps could be with the proc based eclipse. You could literally sit through whole fights and never proc a solar or lunar eclipse. If I recall correctly, with Cata they also increased Nature's Wrath cast time, because it previously was running up against the GCD cap.

As for the OP, like many others have said, I like having buttons put back onto our bars, although I do prefer the modern iteration of starfall over the original implementations. I remember having to deal with the ninja pulls from starfall and I would prefer to not go back to those days. I would love to have hurricane back. I really do miss the initial Cataclysm iteration of Eclipse with the movement based stacking moonfire/sunfire buff. It was really interesting to have solar as our aoe phase and lunar be our single target phase. Having mushrooms, sunfire and hurricane was just great. Remembering talenting for hurricane, and it being a 10 second cast and forget spell, I do miss it being removed from us, and I would love to have it back.
    I also love the Ancient Protector Talent and wish we had more stuff like it. For some reason after Cata Blizzard really focused on the Sun and Moon aspects they put into the class and just dropped the offensive nature magic aspects they had previously. Things like insect swarm, exploding mushrooms, spec baseline treants. Moonfire was a pvp meme since vanilla, like shaman frost shock, but it wasn't the core of the spec. Hell, there were large parts of the specs' life that you would often not cast moonfire because it would hurt you in the log run.
    It would be nice to see the Warcraft druid go back to its actual druid concept, which unfortunately elemental shamans have creeped heavily over. Shamans were supposed to speak with spirits in lore, but originally were not elemental overlords they currently act as. Pre-WoW the Warcraft druids shared many things with the tabletop iterations of druids, although there was a heavier focus on shapeshifting and etheral travel via the Emerald Dream. That meant that druids communed with the land, elements, fauna and the Emerald Dream.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Wow, excellent thread. I really miss the play style of MoP boomkin & this seems to be a callback to it.

Mushrooms, baseline treants, and hurricane I would welcome back with open arms. The same goes for insta-starfall.

I really dislike the builder spender mechanics of Legion & BFA Boomkin. All of our spender spells seem to be too expensive and not rewarding, especially starfall. Our damage output is pathetic & none of our abillities are satisfying.

I loved how fun Starsurge procs were in MoP and how much damage it put out, it really made you feel powerful, starfall was satisfying to use as well.

I also love your Ancient Guardian idea as well! I've always wanted an abillity that involved those.

I'd also suggest adding symbiosis & stampeding roar back.

Here's my idea of how to improve Balance druids, similar to your's:

1. Get rid of Astral power & Empowerments.

This whole playstyle is an absolute snoozefest and once again, its not rewarding.

2. Return to our ((((roots)))) and bring back old abillities.

Hurricane, wild mushrooms, etc.

3. Remove affinities, & allow us to heal in boomkin form again.

It's obnoxious to have to shapeshift out and heal in humanoid form, especially for pvp. (GCD)

4. Make existing abillities baseline to provide more variety in talent choices.

Ex: Treants & Typhoon.