Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you really enjoy current Judgment animation?

For reference, current animation of judgment is golden hammer that our character throws at enemy.

My personal issues with that hammer.

1) it stowes our main hand weapon for a second.
    2) throwing weapons does not match paladin theme
    3) hammer despite beign thown moves with flat projectory
    4) looks weird when used in melee

Im not an artist at blizzard but I do know that we have tech already in-game that can be used to make Judgement look best it can:

1) old judgement animation
    2) chaos bolt trajectory thing to make throw more realistic
    3) weapon casting animation for melee classes (Dk's howling blast for example)

Current one is fine. Old animation was underwhelming, using weapon casting animation to throw hammers is just stupid.

I like it, might not like it on Zandalari, but I do think there should be glyphs for it, giving it an animation similar to Exorcism would be nice, I miss the sound effect.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Make Judgement the Hammer of Justice melee animation (where you kinda lift up your sword at shit) and they get zapped. Let Blade of Justice just be Exorcism again.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Somewhere between og old animation and current is perfect for me. More along the lines of an actual hammer of light but not thrown how it is now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I quite like it. I just dislike how it bugs so much after how long? Almost every zone I go to a hammer will either fly past me at 500mph or I'll run past one that's stuck, spinning in mid-air. If they were to change the animation, I say give it the Execution Sentence animation as that's pretty decent.
    Retired Ret Paladin 2006-2018
    Void Elf Beast Mastery Hunter 2018-?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see the big hammer of the old Final Verdict Animation for Judgment.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    For reference, current animation of judgment is golden hammer that our character throws at enemy.

My personal issues with that hammer.

1) it stowes our main hand weapon for a second.
    3) hammer despite beign thown moves with flat projectory
    4) looks weird when used in melee
    Throwing conjured weapons of light most certainly is part of the paladin theme. I like the animation, but it could probably be better. Definitely looks strange in melee.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Make Judgement the Hammer of Justice melee animation (where you kinda lift up your sword at shit) and they get zapped. Let Blade of Justice just be Exorcism again.
    No, I quite like Blade of Justice. I'd be ok with the glyph option for sure though for those who do like it, but the damage types (phys - holy) would be misleading and strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    I would love to see the big hammer of the old Final Verdict Animation for Judgment.
    Same here, but not for judgment. Bring the real final verdict back. That shit looked so good.

Deleted
    We have thrown hammers ever since Hammer of Wrath was introduced as our excecute, so I don't see the issue.

The animation looks great and in melee it just looks like you're hitting your opponent with the hammer.

Flight paths with projectiles are always going to look off in WoW that's just the way of things.

Blade of Justice is the one I have an issue with, I'd rather it was a hammer that came down from the sky, similar to the Mass Judgment talent way back.

I also want the old Templar's Verdict spinny-downward-strike back

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Current one is fine. Old animation was underwhelming, using weapon casting animation to throw hammers is just stupid.
    I'll just drop this here.
    https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/ultimateuniquecrab

Quote Originally Posted by xintoc View Post
    What does a random anime have to do with paladins in WoW?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Love it so much more than the old one. Throwing the hammer suits Paladins I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    What does a random anime have to do with paladins in WoW?
    What does this question have to do with anything?

7+ Year Old Account
    I've almost always preferred the old animations. Bright yellow/gold colours yes, but at the same time not too flashy. Anyone remember the vanilla Blessing/Hand of Freedom animation for example?
    Still not tired of winning.

I definitely preferred the old "hammer drop" animation for judgment. I like the idea of Exo/Blade of Wrath (it's the same damn spell) having a legit animation but never have warmed up to the sword-out-of-the-ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xintoc View Post
    That guy was called "Archer" for a reason... Most of his fights consisted of him standing still and weapons flying out of nowhere at his enemies.
    I fail to see how he could be considered a paladin... except for his armor ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    or my mother in law. I know as a mob..i'd hate to have some huge 500 lb woman falling on me...
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Deleted
    I agree. The old hammer coming from the top made a lot more sense. Current one is just silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I hate all the new animations. I liked the original ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Personally I hate all the new animations. I liked the original ones.
    even blade of justice?