How to handle necrotic as a bear?

I was wondering whether there are some "best practices" how to handle necrotic as a bear.

depends if your group is helping you with slows or not, if not your only very viable clear is typhoon wild charge/mobility away.
    If you played full ranged group you could use mass entangle.
    For bosses pretty much every boss has a mechanic that gives you a window to clear stacks, some things you want to move slightly away from boss so he doesn't melee swing right after ability and refresh when stacks about to fall off.

ah mass entangle could help out

Our own healing is also affected by the necrotic dot?

Shadowmeld drops it

Quote Originally Posted by Pedde View Post
    Shadowmeld drops it
    On trash pulls, yes. Boss fights, not so much as they tend to keep you from dropping combat. Regardless, it's a very dangerous game as it resets threat on every targets, so the mobs better be close to dead so your DPSers don't get killed or it's a single target that you can taunt back instantly.

On that note, you can play the taunt game with your healer or ranged DPS. While Mass Entanglement can be nice, any existing DoTs (including Thrash/Moonfire) can break the roots so quickly that it's almost like you didn't cast them. Typhoon is usually better followed by a movement speed increase, assuming the mobs can be knocked back and kited at all. Really sucks not having a snare baked into Thrash anymore, as it makes kiting almost completely dependent upon who else is in the group. If bears had a bane for an affix, it's necrotic.

Personally, as a general statement, I really dislike classes being able to outright negate affixes in mythic+ with abilities. A good example is AMS with blood DKs, as it can pretty much trivialize the affix without any external assistance. Also, as I've abused plenty this week, being able to dispel the Raging affix is pretty ridiculous. I suppose it's in an effort to spread out the desire to bring more classes to mythic+ by adding more trivializing utilities across the board, but that turns into an arms race at some point to where it would've been better to just not allow any class to trivialize/negate a core affix and cause massive balancing issues down the line. I suppose the same could be said for baseline abilities that are just always desired and very powerful in any mythic+.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Typhoon and caster form wild charge to the healer

Bring to party someone who can slow them down, frost mage ideally (65% slow). And yes, it is sad that we lost slow from thrash

15+ Year Old Account
    (some things that I try to do, don't take as gospel)

For trash you'll want to try to use your CDs towards the start of a pull (Barkskin, Frenzied Regen, Incarn, Survival Instincts if you've got a spare charge and know it'll be safe) with the goal being to stay up at full health for as long as possible. Keep your rage floating up high so you can roll double stacks of Ironfur after your CDs are wearing out. Once your health starts consistently dipping under like 60-70% you will want to start kiting and get a reset on your stacks. Assuming (for now) that you only have yourself, you'll want to Typhoon and then either a kitty sprint or Stampeding Roar. If you take Wild Charge you could drop bear form and leap to a range to cover extra ground. There are also many instances where you can use Travel Form and just leg it.

There are many mobs scattered throughout the dungeons which cannot be slowed or knocked back. For those packs you're going to want to start kiting early, probably stick around just long enough to get some decent threat and then do your knockback. This way you'll only only be getting stacks from one mob and should be alright. Those mobs are usually focus targets as well so it shouldn't live too long and if your group's DPS is good enough it could die around the same time as you would want to kite anyway, so just group and nuke.

Some traits you could look into if you need more help with trash:
    Strength in Numbers - The shield should proc on pull giving you bit of a buffer at the start while your other stuff.
    Bulwark of the Masses - Either refreshing between pulls (shield is up for pull) or at some time while you're kiting (help negate that ticking damage at high stacks).

Classes you can look for to help with trash:
    Balance Druids - Get them to hold Treants for you rather than using it off CD for DPS. Coordinate using it around the middle of a pull and you can get up to like 30 stacks (provided health is safe) and then reset stacks using the AE taunt.
    Frost Mages - The damage they deal just passively (I think) applies a slow to all the mobs, when you need to kite you can literally just walk away from the mobs and they'll be heavily slowed.
    Hunters - Have them drop a Tar Trap behind you to help slow mobs when you're kiting. You can then save your Typhoon for after that for a greater window of no damage, low on space, etc.
    Monks - Same thing as Tar Trap only they have Ring of Peace which will spam knock back on the mobs trying to run through.
    Warlock - If you know a pull is going to be particularly savage you can get them to put a Gateway Down before pull giving you a big leap up your sleeve.
    Shaman - They can drop an Earth Elemental once every 10 minutes which AE taunts everything and lasts for ages.
    Restoration Druid - They can drop an Ursol's Vortex on top of you when you're going to kite which will grip all the mobs back one time. You can then Typhoon after than.

For those big mobs which are immune to most of these, you can use a variety of classes to taunt for you and kite/tank to get a stack reset. Druids, Warriors, Demon Hunters are pretty good options because they all have their various ways to kite or do something so they don't die.

Now for Bosses. Most bosses will have some window of time which will just naturally allow your stacks to drop off. There may be some times where you get stuck on high stacks with no real option. In those situations you may have to get a DPS or healer to taunt the boss for you. If you can, make distance between yourself and the person, and then have them taunt. With a bit of good timing (dodging some slow boss swings could have the stacks 1/2 dropped already) you can taunt bounce the boss back before it ever hits the person and have the stacks reset as the boss runs back to you. Also some classes can just face tank the boss for the 6 or so seconds required. Demon Hunters with Blur and Metamorphosis up (or Netherwalk if they take it) can hold a boss fine. Myself as a Balance main, I've taunted the 3rd boss in a ToS+13 and just face tanked with Barkskin while the tank's stacks reset and survived.

The only trait that could help a little with bosses is Winds of War for the extra dodge. I think I have 1 of these and between slow boss swings and a good dodge chain stacks just tend to drop off pretty often.

Hope that's all given you maybe a couple of ideas to try out and see how it goes.
    Last edited by Yuqii; 2018-09-30 at 11:53 PM.

Intimidating roar and run is ok too.

Bear is dodge tank, the dodges means necrotic stack build up is not as fast as other classes. So although Bear lacks the AMS of DK, the dodge in part makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by xalai View Post
    Intimidating roar and run is ok too.

Bear is dodge tank, the dodges means necrotic stack build up is not as fast as other classes. So although Bear lacks the AMS of DK, the dodge in part makes up for it.
    What? WTF? What do you mean by Dodge tank? We haven't been a Dodge tank since Legion. So I assume you either haven't played since WoD or you are using the wrong words/terms to explain your reasoning.