Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    not everyone can afford that 50g? for an enchant. let alone 5k for a good enchant in this pay to win fiesta! /s
    A cheap enchant is still better than no enchant at all. That's just leaving extra stats on the table with no good reason to do so.

Keep in mind the enchant alone will not fix what the issues are here but it helps to see a broader picture when you start adding up all these little things before too long a significant chunk of damage is lost when the fight is over.

No, your warriors are just bad. Warriors as dps is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    H Taloc.
    - No Pre-pot nor did he pop a pot in combat.
    - Missing an enchant on one ring.
    - Talent choices are completely wack. He's running WM/SB/Rend/DefStance when really he should perhaps look at running SB/DT/Massacre and something like Bounding Stride for more mobility to help with uptime on boss. Additionally, never casted SB once the whole fight (why bother with the talent then?) nor did he use DefStance enough to make it worth while.
    - When running rend he is using it in the execute phase which as represents a large and powerful portion of your overall damage that is being impacted by trying to fit in rend. Idealy you do not use rend in the execute phase at all. Execute phase rotation even with rend should be something like CS/WB > BS (when <30 rage) > OP > Execute.

H Mother.
    - First off he died and stay down for about 1/3rd of the total fight time. Dead dps does no dps.
    - No ring enchant, pre-pot and combat pots again.
    - Something like 60% of the fight he was not casting anything which is a huge amount of down time.
    - See above for the talent comments. Again is running talents and not using them enough to jusitify having them over better dps and mobility choices. The fact he died says it all really.
    - At least being dead stopped him using rend in his execute phase.

H Fetid Dev.
    - No ring enchant, pre-pot and combat pots again.
    - Was dead for about 2/3rd of the fight this time around. Again dead dps does no dps blah blah blah.
    - And again no use of Def Stance or SB.

General observations:
    - Seems to not really use SS to cleave which alone would help this player's DPS.
    - Doesn't use his on-use DPS trinket regularly enough nor is there any real line up with abilities or setup for a damage window with it.
    - Doesn't use a HS even though you have 3 locks to provide them and combined with his deaths doesn't look good.
    - Seldom casts SB which makes the talent dead weight when he could be using the extar charge for better rage generation after leaping out or for switching targets and just general better mobility.
    -Seldom casts Def Stance which makes it worthless from a dps perspective. Better to go for higher mobility and thus uptime.
    - Rend is not being used correctly and if he actually makes it to an execute phase hurts him over having Massacre.

With performances like these its pretty cut and dry why they got removed. There is a lot changes that need to occur before they can be taken seriously in my opinion.
    Very objective, accurate and usefull. Thanx a lot!
    Mi blog personal: HotJoint

Quote Originally Posted by HotJoint View Post
    Very objective, accurate and usefull. Thanx a lot!
    No worries.

Naturally, there are other things they could also be working on to improve but these represent the major issues to look at for a short-term fix. Once they have this shorted and are more comfortable with this style of play with the talents and movement then they can start to fix the minor things.

First off, I suggest they should go over a guide such as icy veins and start to focus on changing their habits to those suggested by the guide.

Secondly, I would encourage you to get all you warriors (who oddly enough all have similar issues as listed here) to join the Warrior Discord here: https://discord.gg/Skyhold which is a good source of regular up to date information for everything warrior. This discord channel has plenty of people who can help them with fight specifics, ideas on maximising your toolkit and even with additional log reviews for those finer details once they have fundementals under their belts.

Hello. Today my raid leader kicked our 3 warriors from our heroic core, as they were doind the lowest DPS from all the group. All of them are arms. So, my question is: are warriors so bad now?

Im a monk healer and in pvp the hit like a truck. It seems in pve the story is different...

Edit: Here it is the log for the night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mFwKH1WN4fRabZyj/
    From what I've seen warriors have been great for AoE encounters, 1 target not so much unless very geared.

I scanned thru the logs of those warriors and yeah they're pretty bad.

One of them has multiple kills on a boss and never parsed higher then a TEN.. wtf?

Deleted
    < 35% is where arms warriors start to shine on ST dps.

In general, if they are last in damage they are dead/badly geared/doing something wrong

Hello. Today my raid leader kicked our 3 warriors from our heroic core, as they were doind the lowest DPS from all the group. All of them are arms. So, my question is: are warriors so bad now?

Im a monk healer and in pvp the hit like a truck. It seems in pve the story is different...

Edit: Here it is the log for the night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mFwKH1WN4fRabZyj/
    PVP has entirely different balancing and doesn't reflect how a class would be in PVE. This is one of the unfortunate things of them separating the two systems.

Deleted
    Reading Logs is an Art I guess?

First off all the obvious parts:
    Having Bad gear compared to the raid. Playing with the wrong talents and A-Traits. Rend for example and bad azerite traits cut in your dmg a lot. They Maybe should read a guide on how to play first.

The Logs tell you a shitload:
    Taloc:
    Roklenov: Died pre Execute Phase, your DMG just suck this way.
    Amansabesti: For some reason used slam and MS in Execute phase ....
    Mâxxî: The same and did nearly no DMG on the elevator.

I won't go in Detail for every encounter for everyone for your warriors. It just takes to much time.
    But the end would look like This:
    You kicked them all pre the fights where they could shine. But Kicking them was the right choice. Going through the logs, they aren't the best Warriors. If you want to give someone a second chance, it should be Maxxi. He knows his Stat prority and talents. He need better entchants on the rings, he made the mistake in taking the old ones (Common mistake ATM). He needs better gear. But he isn't someone I would doom. The other two are just a handicap for your riad.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    A cheap enchant is still better than no enchant at all. That's just leaving extra stats on the table with no good reason to do so.

Keep in mind the enchant alone will not fix what the issues are here but it helps to see a broader picture when you start adding up all these little things before too long a significant chunk of damage is lost when the fight is over.
    /s at the end of the sentence means the person is being sarcastic.

If the warriors are dead on every fight, it's not a class issue.

For example on mother 1 died from fires other 2 from beams. Move from shit, dead dps does no dps.

On fetid most deaths were from dot. That's healers' fault tbh, you have to heal through it.

How are you gonna judge and compare dps of people when half the raid is dead. And on Zek'voz and Vectis warriors aren't in anymore.

Please guys, can you give some advice to "Amansabesti" based on his performance here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mFwKH1WN4fRabZyj/
    Tel them to play another game, this is what I often call unsalvageable.
    I bet they don't even know how to move their characters or use spells in general.
    You won't fix this type of players by telling them how to play a class better when the core of their gameplay is keyboard turning and clicking spells.
    Last edited by Chowder; 2018-09-29 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    2 of them were doing grey dps per I level... so they underperforming or not trying imo

Which sounds savage. Lol I'm not an elitist I swear. But maybe they need to work on rotation. They could be doing more deeps if they tried and practiced
    Last edited by mmoc0f72ea3313; 2018-09-29 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    Looks like they are shit players.

I wouldn't personally post logs when it at least looks like you are publicly questioning your guild leadership, but that's up to OP I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    Tel them to play another game, this is what I often call unsalvageable.
    I bet they don't even know how to move their characters or use spells in general.
    You won't fix this type of players by telling them how to play a class better when the core of their gameplay is keyboard turning and clicking spells.
    If they are serious about the improvement then they could easily turn this around. Hell one of the warriors, Maxxi, is not that far off being a decent DPS player.

But it does involve a lot of relearning to get out of bad habits and into good ones. Nor is this an overnight fix. However, there are some key major issues that can be corrected in the short term to at least bring up to par with the raid group if the put in the work to do so.

The "good" thing about these kinds of issues is that the solutions are pretty much in black or while more minor issues which often take a more nuanced approach to both to find the issues and then correct them.

If on the other hand, they do not seriously wish to improve then nothing anybody else does will help them.

The warriors all clearly need to read a guide. Plain and simple, they are using the worst possible talents etc, getting advice here is going to be to complicated and unnecessary at the moment. Have them read icy viens 9r watch corejo on youtube give them a week, and then post their logs wowanalyzer.com and later https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/ for real people to help them get even better.

Your raid leader is an idiot unless said warriors were like 10% under the next lowest dps and you guys are going for world firsts. Also warriors aren't bad at all right now. Sounds like just the players in your raid that were playing them

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Your raid leader is an idiot unless said warriors were like 10% under the next lowest dps and you guys are going for world firsts. Also warriors aren't bad at all right now. Sounds like just the players in your raid that were playing them
    2 of them were literally pulling less dps than tanks, don't defend shitters.
    Raid leader did a good job purging those slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    2 of them were literally pulling less dps than tanks, don't defend shitters.
    Raid leader did a good job purging those slackers
    Read the whole comment. There was a second part to it that you seem to have chosen to ignore.

Arms is one of the very best specs in Uldir, only behind DKs in Mythic parses. More than half the fights feature either a damage boost during Execute or a long execute phase (Taloc, MOTHER, Fetid, Zek'voz, G'huun). All three other fights feature lots of cleaving which Arms is one of the undisputed champions at. It is literally the best spec for Vectic and arguably Zek'voz.

Fury is a bit less good, but does well on most fights as well, being a solidly middle of the pack spec playable well into Mythic raids until you reach the Fetid roadblock.

Prot is kinda shit relatively, and that's a shame. But DPS warriors are everything but bad. Whoever even implies that is flat out wrong, and shit players do not make a class/spec bad.