Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    And sometimes people need to not reaffirm every negative stereotype about nerd-raging gamers online. It was a rude response that would be inappropriate irl and it's inappropriate here, no matter how silly the OP was.
    I am not raging, nor is the person who responded. Then again expecting people on the forums to use words in their proper context is probably not an expectation i should make.

I'm somewhat glad since it's the favorite of the 3 specs for my lock but I doubt it will do anything meaningful to the their state in the game.

At least we passed the first hurdle: Blizzard acknowledging a problem.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Is there anywhere I can see the new sims with this new demo buff? Wondering how much behind aff is right now on ST.

Deleted
    Unfortunately it seems that they have buffed demonology via the abilities that suffer most from movement, i.e. those with lengthy hard-casts

Demo's problems imho stem from two things: first a requirement to be a motionless turret whilst competing with classes that don't have that: you'd think that demo would be OK sinc eit;s heavily dot-based (which is what the pets are), but the devs have a long history of not wanting to put damage into "fire and forget" stuff like pets, even when they say they want demonology to be all about it's army of demons. And second, demo has nothing that lets it really shine. It just does OK damage in almost all situations, but nothing outstanding.

And afaik these buffs nly add up t around 4% overall anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    It is the same spell, but you can tune things differently for each spec. It is no different than any other shared ability having different tuning per spec.
    Yes but having the same spell doing vastly different damage between specs is
    a) not intuitive and
    b) was introduced in the last expansions

At least in the first 5-7 years of WoW a Spell was sorted in 1 spec page in the talent book and the formula behind it stayed the same. Only difference was the amount of attack power or spell damage a player had in a chosen player spec and gear.

Nowadays every calculation is different.. with % of AP/SP and then even hidden spec modifieres sometimes of 20-30% on top of that.

Valid question. Answer: Almost every Spell has a different calculation based on spec or spec and spell itself. Mostly to ease the buff/nerf done during balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Unfortunately it seems that they have buffed demonology via the abilities that suffer most from movement, i.e. those with lengthy hard-casts

Demo's problems imho stem from two things: first a requirement to be a motionless turret whilst competing with classes that don't have that: you'd think that demo would be OK sinc eit;s heavily dot-based (which is what the pets are), but the devs have a long history of not wanting to put damage into "fire and forget" stuff like pets, even when they say they want demonology to be all about it's army of demons. And second, demo has nothing that lets it really shine. It just does OK damage in almost all situations, but nothing outstanding.

And afaik these buffs nly add up t around 4% overall anyway.
    Agree, but still SB and DB were hitting like shit, so that's welcomed as well.

As for pet damage, I really dislike my felguard doing more damage than me, and critting 10k felstorms.

I don't think this is what the class fantasy should be like, with all the demons doing more damage than you. I mean, warlocks are very powerful casters in lore, that can even tear holes in planets.

Summoning a demon that does more aoe and ST combined when you press 1 button is meh... And it's a Felguard ffs, if it was a Pit Lord yeah, let the dude chunk all the damage he wants, he's a badass strong demon.

and some tiny imps doing more damage with their tiny firebolts?

Atm it feels like 70% pets, 30% you.

I could stay behind a 50/50 for Demo, and 80/20 for the other specs. But when I played aff my Fel imp was second in damage after my UA.

Can't wait to test the buffs today <3

Deleted
    Well many have argued that demonology warlocks shuld be able to sumon really badass demons that do a shit-ton of damage.

Thge demonology warlock's power is not in his ability to do damage personally, it is in his ability to dominate and control demons which are, in some ways, mor epowerful than he is.

It's like riding a horse: the horse is much stronger and faster than it's rider, but the rider is the dominant partner. Or even more like operatign a machine, let's say a bulldozer. Clearly the bulldozer is an enormously powerful thing, able to lift and move weights far beyonf the ablity of the driver. Yet the machine is subservient to the driver.

I agree about the Felguard, but I think that the demolock should be able to summon far more powerful demons than that. The felguard is a common demon, the legion used them as grunt troops.

Demolocks should be able to summon at minimum fel-lords and above. Demons should be very powerful, but also, stupid and weak-willed and thus vulnerable to control by the warlock.

That has always been the idea behind summon demons in sorcery: you are calling forth a being more powerful than yourself (and often vastly more powerful), to subjugate it to your will, to make it do things you can't do yourself. Either that or enter into a pact where you make a trade for it's services - like selling your soul.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2018-10-02 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post

As for pet damage, I really dislike my felguard doing more damage than me, and critting 10k felstorms.

I don't think this is what the class fantasy should be like, with all the demons doing more damage than you. I mean, warlocks are very powerful casters in lore, that can even tear holes in planets.

Summoning a demon that does more aoe and ST combined when you press 1 button is meh... And it's a Felguard ffs, if it was a Pit Lord yeah, let the dude chunk all the damage he wants, he's a badass strong demon.

and some tiny imps doing more damage with their tiny firebolts?

Atm it feels like 70% pets, 30% you.

I could stay behind a 50/50 for Demo, and 80/20 for the other specs. But when I played aff my Fel imp was second in damage after my UA.

Can't wait to test the buffs today <3
    pick different talents. if your complaint is only the percentages and breakdowns of your pets vs. yourself then the honest answer is pick different talents.

bilescourge, doom, power siphon, Fots, soul conduit and sacrificed souls.

all these talents increase your player character damage. especially with the buffs we just got.