Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Magic - every second game i'm mana screwed or my opponent is. Monor Red drawing 6 lands? Freewin. MonoRed drawing 2-4 lands ez loss. A LOT of mana fixing is needed. Also the mulligan rules are so freaky bad. It's crazy.

Hearthstone on the other hand is lacking some kind of depth, but really 90% of magic games are simpler than hearthstone. So after playing mtga for about 7 months i went back to hearhstone. Beeing mana screwd nearly every game feels so extremly bad. I cant handle that.
    There are decks/cards you can play that easily fix that. You're not limited to 1 deck.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Someone isn't mana screwed in 90% of games. I don't know what to say besides that. It just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Someone isn't mana screwed in 90% of games. I don't know what to say besides that. It just isn't true.
    Yea I was going to say the same. I think it's probably something like a cognitive bias where when it happens you remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I've never spent a dime on MTGA and have had multiple top-tier competitive decks. There are always inexpensive deck options out there, especially mono red or mono white.
    I tried MtGA a few weeks ago, and I won with the basic mono white we gain as beginners against a player with an advanced deck (he did not have anymore remove-cards to kill my last archangel, and this archangel is simply a beast if you know who he is ).

As for the topic at hand, HS is really much more simple to me (no hero card with a wall of text like in MTGA), much more accessible for me (admitely I am not prepared to learn once again another game this moment on, althought I played the original MTG).

But I am not a fan of HS either, too cheesy (caricatural) and I played it a lot, to each its own.

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed MTGA for the time I played it, but I think I've pretty much fallen off after the last two expansions. The card pool is just so large, you need so many duplicates of each card, and you have so little control over what cards you do get.

It's still a great game, but I think the biggest drawback is the number of games that are determined by mana screw or mana flood, either for you or your opponent, and those aren't fun, regardless of whether your win or lose. I'm not sure how often this happens, but it's certainly significant enough to become frustrating, especially if it happens back-to-back.

I think probably the biggest strength Hearthstone has over MTG, apart from a generally more streamlined play experience, is that due to smaller deck size and the guaranteed mana curve, win or lose, you're almost always going to be able to at least execute the strategy of your deck. There are a lot of games in MTG where you're just shit out of luck, and have to either hope for you or your opponent to draw poorly for a few turns.

One thing I can say I definitely like about MTG, however, is that you can definitely jump in with just the starter decks, pauper decks, etc., and the matchmaking is pretty decent, and you'll have a fun time getting matched against people with similar deck strength.

I kind of wish it would just have a mode that revolves entirely around preconstructed decks, so that you don't have to worry about investing so much in a collection for the sake of deckbuilding.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-07-28 at 10:12 AM.

Warhammer Champions is the most fun.

3+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I am playing this game from the past few weeks. Tier 1 is tough now compared to others.