Deleted

Question Are those cables sata 3 ?

So i have those 2 cables
    725 e314998 awm 80°C 30V VW-1 serial ata 26awg deronxin-t 6gbps/3gbps
    and
    Lian Feng e209329 Serial ATA 26AWG AWM 21149 30V 80°C FT1 FT2 -F- .
    Are they sata 3 or sata 2 only or sata 1 ?
    Thanks for the info,
    Cheers,

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's no functional difference between SATA 1/2/3 cables (later cables have a locking clip, but that doesn't affect function).

It's similar to how USB 1.0/1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1/etc can all use the same cable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    There's no functional difference between SATA 1/2/3 cables (later cables have a locking clip, but that doesn't affect function).

It's similar to how USB 1.0/1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1/etc can all use the same cable.
    I will be using them for ssd drive so there is a difference in speed then , i take it.

15+ Year Old Account
    No difference, the pins are the same. As long as the ports/devices are SATA3, any Sata cable is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

device speed is based on the MB/Device interface. a sata cable is functionally identical regardless of how its branded. the only specification difference between a sata 2 and sata 3 in fact is sata "3" cables have a clip. short of cheap cables that don't even meet sata standards there is no performance/speed difference at the cable level

Hello...all SATA links are the equivalent besides in quality - they are simply SATA links. The various shadings amount to nothing - just relies upon the production line which made them. Some PC proprietors may favor red or blue to coordinate different links in the framework case.

SATA, SATA II and SATA III alludes to the SATA regulators/connectors on the motherboard, not the links.

You can utilize any of those links for any SATA speed.

Presently, you may see a few links publicized or bundled as "SATA II" or "SATA III" however that is only a stunt utilized by certain producers or sellers to charge more cash for them. A SATA link is an exactly what it is - a SATA link.