Page 1 of 2
LastLast

frost mage's Frostbite PvP talent need a nerf

This crap is just insane, melees without mobility are just guaranteed to lose against every frost mage.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2018-10-03 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Frost snares will be nerfed for sure. Yet it's probably the only thing that makes them viable (not OP!) for 2s.
    2s matter.

There is nothing at all wrong with the frostbite talent. you are aware that when frostbite randomly procs it only lasts for 3 seconds and puts a dr on frost nova and pet nova. So technically you would spend less time in snares against a mage running frostbite, and they would be arguably less impactful because they would happen at random times. Mindlessly calling for nerfs without using your brain wont do you any good.

Here we go, now mage will come here defending the OP slows/snares they have because they think it's fair since rogues "one shot us"

I've never had so much frustration than facing a frost mage as melee in years.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz770 View Post
    Here we go, now mage will come here defending the OP slows/snares they have because they think it's fair since rogues "one shot us"

I've never had so much frustration than facing a frost mage as melee in years.
    Try using your spells and abilities cleverly. I don't struggle to beat mages as a rogue.

The only class I struggle is with a pally, but all I need to do is remove freedom so he can't steal it.

Cloaking frostbolt, shadowstepping when he has blink, and not using vanish will easily lose you a duel. Use your brain, use your slows and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ken oath View Post
    Try using your spells and abilities cleverly. I don't struggle to beat mages as a rogue.

The only class I struggle is with a pally, but all I need to do is remove freedom so he can't steal it.

Cloaking frostbolt, shadowstepping when he has blink, and not using vanish will easily lose you a duel. Use your brain, use your slows and you'll be fine.
    I didn't say I play rogue, but the mindset of frost mage players. I know rogue do well vs frost and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz770 View Post
    I didn't say I play rogue, but the mindset of frost mage players. I know rogue do well vs frost and everyone.
    The same can be applied to every class bar DK's. Each class has outs, and if the mage is running frostbite then DR will bite him in the ass.

There's more broken stuff, like assassin damage, hpals dispelling poisons with regular heals, rdruid CC and BM hunter NPC's doing most of their damage... but people continue to focus on things that can be outplayed such as a talent which very few mages will even take.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's long overdue.

I ran that talent one time and the dr definitely bites you in the ass if the game goes very long at all if that talent irritated you you most likely would of lost without it because the mage or their partner blew you up
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

Deleted
    Good, well deserved. Because for melee it is still not as frustrating as for warlock facing melees. Snare and frost bite can be at least dispelled, melee's mongoloism can't. In fact I hope frost mages will get inbuild dispell protection of some sort.. OR nerf Frost mage snare while MASSIVELY bringing all melees to be on par with casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Landown View Post
    There is nothing at all wrong with the frostbite talent. you are aware that when frostbite randomly procs it only lasts for 3 seconds and puts a dr on frost nova and pet nova. So technically you would spend less time in snares against a mage running frostbite, and they would be arguably less impactful because they would happen at random times. Mindlessly calling for nerfs without using your brain wont do you any good.
    This, times 100.

Melee person complaining about getting CCed by a caster, ahahah.

Let's all have a good day forget that post ever existed.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    This crap is just insane, melees without mobility are just guaranteed to lose against every frost mage.
    lol

On the other hand, melees with mobility just laugh at frost mages while destroying them. Your proposal would make that situation even worse.

Blizz needs to learn to balance in general, not just target certain abilities. Heals are massively OP, most melee destroys most casters (Frost Mage, BM Hunters, and Aff Locks being the only exceptions...they just get killed as rapidly as most everyone else), and the PvP game is entirely centered around stuns and interrupts. Most MOBAs have much more variety and better balance overall. If you want a good PvP game, go play one of those.

There are melee classes without mobility?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Frost snares will be nerfed for sure. Yet it's probably the only thing that makes them viable (not OP!) for 2s.
    2s matter.
    Rubbish, frost mage was about toe to toe with melee in legion 2v2 with the exception of dhs and wws. Now, melee have not had their mobility buffed, but frost mages have a) an extra snare from water elemental and b) the stacking ray of frost slow (while also dealing huge damage). They are more than viable, they are OP in 2v2. That's not to say they are too strong overall since nobody cares about 2s balance sadly but if you watch the latest arena competitions they are quite dominant in 3v3 as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    This, times 100.

Melee person complaining about getting CCed by a caster, ahahah.

Let's all have a good day forget that post ever existed.
    Frostbite is dumb and I am pretty sure mages don't like it either because it is RNG. As a warrior I need to use all my mobility (including things like bladestorm, war banner, intimidating shout as a snare) to finally connect on a frost mage. That can be completely ruined if they get an RNG frostbite proc during charge which will completely screw me for the next 30 seconds.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf it to the gwound
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

meanwhile rogues have more cc, more mobility and do double the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    meanwhile rogues have more cc, more mobility and do double the damage.
    Ezpz, nerf both rogues and mages

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    the snare is the same as it was in wotlk and melee have more mobility then they have ever had, it has never been easier to play a melee character in this game for the last 3 xpacs, try playing a warlock/mage or healer in 3s and see how well you do.

Deleted
    Frost mages snares are frustrating but lets not forget that aside from frost/arcane mage, all other caster specs get wrecked by melee in 1vs1 and can't get a single cast off that deals any relevant damage because interrupt/stun/los/immunity/shit damage. Don't start with "game balanced around 3vs3" because thats a shit excuse since most melee classes are both powerful 1vs1 and 3vs3, there is huge unbalance whether you admit it or not. Just like rogues are perfect in just about any pvp format, where the hell is the whole classes strengths and weaknesses excuse there huh?

If mages have such strong snares and are the only really decent caster on its own, meaning not babysitted with others in arena but as a duel class, then something is wrong with melee/caster design balance. Melees have kept their modern mobile playstyle while casters are back to turrety shit. And the only caster who ever did well against melee in vanilla was mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltar View Post
    the snare is the same as it was in wotlk and melee have more mobility then they have ever had, it has never been easier to play a melee character in this game for the last 3 xpacs, try playing a warlock/mage or healer in 3s and see how well you do.
    Nope. Frost mages have an extra root, roots have been buffed overall and on top of that most can now play ray of frost which is a stacking slow doing high damage.