Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    There are melee classes without mobility?
    DKs say hi...
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Deleted
    sure, nerf our snares but then buff our damage. snares is the only thing we bring to the table in rated pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    DKs say hi...
    DK's cannot be slowed under 75% mouvement speed. It's a nightmare for a mage running +slow in talents. Also death advance? They are not the king of mobilities I give you that, but they are far from weak to frost mages. You have AMS, deathgrip(Which can be casted while rooted, compared to charge which can't)

Unholy has a million ranged abilities. And it's the strongest pvp spec right now(for dks), dk's have no problem with frost mages, at all.

Frost DK have one, but they are so weak in pvp right now everyones kicks their ass.

On a side note,

I am astouded by the inexperience of people here in PvP complaining about everything. I understand that it's early expansion and all classes need tuning but this is so far from being broken.

It's so easy to give up and say "Ahh that class is broken, let's complains on the forums and see how that helps.

Frostbite is far from broken, it's strong in 2's (As mentionned in this post) and that's it... A frost mage taking frostbite in 3's is not good at all.

If you think it's so broken, play a Frost mage, youll see... It's not as broken as you think, in fact, it kinda sucks considering it dr's your nova + pet nova.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoXaL99 View Post
    And it's the strongest pvp spec right now(for dks), dk's have no problem with frost mages, at all...
    Sadly enough, Arena isn't about 1v1 and this thread isn't about it either...
    Picking abilities from a class that negate another class's ones is like making theorycrafting on napkin without hard facts.

I'm pretty sure everyone here know already what I'm gonna write, but here it goes...
    All stated abilities in arena concludes into:

1) AMS is getting rekt almost instantly if used to negate magic damage (but its OP against CC), too bad tho that DKs are the training target.
    2) Death's Advance is great but on a beautiful 45 sec CD, which unless used with discretion DKs end up standing rooted, just like the rest.
    3) Deathgrip is also another great ability, but if you use it to just get mage when rooted, then I'm sorry, but you have no future in arena...

TL;DR; DKs aren't saved by one bit from passive maximum 75% slow, Death's Advance, AMS, Deathgrip.
    Arena isn't about 1v1.

1% overall DK representation on ALL competitive Arena ladder (EU and NA) over 1800+ rating is my backing up argument.

O.T. Mage is far from broken, if melees think Frostbite is OP then blame either your play style or your bad healer teammate (or both)...
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Himhim View Post
    Frost mages have an extra root
    no they don't, in wotlk mages had 2 separate root drs and 4 separate root abilities, now they only have one root dr

roots have been buffed overall
    in what way? the removal of separate root drs? or the removal of trash debuffs as dispel protection?

on top of that most can now play ray of frost which is a stacking slow doing high damage.
    what does a 1.2 min cooldown channelled damage ability have to do with a conversation on roots?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-10-05 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    no they don't, in wotlk mages had 2 separate root drs and 4 separate root abilities, now they only have one root dr

in what way? the removal of separate root drs? or the removal of trash debuffs as dispel protection?

what does a 1.2 min cooldown channelled damage ability have to do with a conversation on roots?
    1) They have an extra root since legion as most now play water elemental root, I don't know if it was recently added or talents were changed to make this root more viable. In my opinion frost mages were pretty balanced vs melee in Legion in 1v1 or 2v2 and they only had frost nova and frostbite then (now they also have water ele root).
    2) Roots now take longer to break on damage.
    3) Ray of frost is a snare that becomes a root with no dr if allowed to fully channel, no it's not a proper root but it's an extra snare with no dr which makes the roots frost mages do have more powerful when used together.

1) They have an extra root since legion as most now play water elemental root, I don't know if it was recently added or talents were changed to make this root more viable. In my opinion frost mages were pretty balanced vs melee in Legion in 1v1 or 2v2 and they only had frost nova and frostbite then (now they also have water ele root).
    2) Roots now take longer to break on damage.
    3) Ray of frost is a snare that becomes a root with no dr if allowed to fully channel, no it's not a proper root but it's an extra snare with no dr which makes the roots frost mages do have more powerful when used together.
    ah right, when you say frost mage roots are buffed you are comparing BFA frost mage to Legion frost mage the person you initially replied to was talking about wotlk frost mage!

1) They have an extra root since legion as most now play water elemental root, I don't know if it was recently added or talents were changed to make this root more viable. In my opinion frost mages were pretty balanced vs melee in Legion in 1v1 or 2v2 and they only had frost nova and frostbite then (now they also have water ele root)
    all of these roots share dr, so adding an additional root ability does not automatically = higher root uptime
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-10-05 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    Is this a serious topic? I mean I am playing as a frost mage and would never run frostbite. It's an awful talent. RnG based. You put down your frozen orb and it procs 3 times you can kiss goodbye your frost nova/pet freeze. It shares DR with them.

I've actually specced out of Frostbite because it screwed me up when I really needed a root.
    RETH

Deleted
    Nah, nerf rogues and dhs

Quote Originally Posted by Morinas View Post
    Is this a serious topic? I mean I am playing as a frost mage and would never run frostbite. It's an awful talent. RnG based. You put down your frozen orb and it procs 3 times you can kiss goodbye your frost nova/pet freeze. It shares DR with them.
    No, it was made by a person who didn't rotate their gap closers properly and abuse the fact that frost nova would be on DR after two 3 second roots from Frostbite.

I don't think any high rated mage would ever use frostbite, DRing your own roots randomly isn't something you want.

RBGs I can see it being strong, but not something that's overpowered.