Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    an MMO that was solo first with options for social play would do pretty well.
    I agree. I feel that the future lies with bite-sized content that doesn't rely on stable social groups. Ad hoc is where it's at, nobody has time anymore to do huge, long, socially involved schedule events. Having the OPTION to do them is fine, but structuring a game around them is not a perspective that will gain much mainstream traction going forward, I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    and then some other guys built it. Actually they are in the process of completing the new D2 mod code named Sigma. Sigma is pretty much a complete overhaul of D2. New skills on all classes, new bosses and Ubers to fight. The current MedianXL mod is pretty nice but Sigma drops in just under 1 month now. It's updating the entire interface of D2, with a much bigger stash and inventory, more skills and diverse weapons, oh and more runes/runewords and things to do.

You can checkout Median XL right now, it's still good even though it's not Sigma yet but it is still quite playable and fun.
    Better than Diablo 3.

Ya but it'll be on mobile

7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter...the most amazing Diablo 2 remaster ever could come out, and I wouldn't buy it. Blizzard is on indefinite boycott, the only way I would ever lift it is if there is a major paradigm shift within the company.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    There's the key. When I was a raid guild main tank from 2005 to about 2012 or so, I used to schedule my life around a game. No longer. I refuse. I simply will not read a calendar for when to game.

If I want social contact, I have a family, and a wife I can go out to dinner with, or other things that don't involve a computer. ARPGs are, for me, great games to relax in and immerse myself in, w/o having to change my pace to suit someone else.

I play WoW or other MMOs in a mostly single-player way. I'm consuming content, paying the same price as anyone else, and I'm not asking for Mythic raid or Mythic+ gear, but I sure don't want my ability to play by myself taken away to satisfy some person's conception of how it *should* be.

I *definitely* don't need enforced social contact in a game I play for relaxation. If I want a job where I *have to* deal with people...I have that already, and they pay *me* to be there.
    That's great. But online massively multiplayer games are NOT for you. You should just play Zelda. WoW isn't an ARPG. Its an MMO.

If Blizzard wants to turn WoW into a Zelda clone, then make it a game for Nintendo Switch, make it single player, sell 10 million copies and be done with it. But that's not what this is. Here, they are trying to get monthly subs and produce content on a schedule.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-01-14 at 01:59 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya but they don't just make new icons for no reason, we know it is coming now that is all I am saying. I will make bets if people want to lol.
    This doesn't prove anything. You can make bets if you want, but this singular event proves nothing at all.

See, that's only your opinion. You can kiss my ass. I pay the same money you do, and from looking around, there's a LOT of players that play it the same way, whether it be D2, D3, or WoW. There's no need for other people telling me how to play the game I'm paying for.
    No, there's PLENTY of PC ARPGs out there. You got Torchlight, Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn, Diablo 3, Divinity: Original Sin 2, etc, etc. Most of them failed though and they all have no social aspect. Path of Exile is a success but you wouldn't like that one because there is some social activity like trading going on in that game.

Humans are SOCIAL creatures. They gravitate towards social games. Not a big shock there. ESPECIALLY when it comes to ONLINE play where you connect to the planet, social games are a big success.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Actually, I love PoE. There's a reason there's a Solo Self-Found mode in that game as well.

GGG knows this, too, obviously.
    Great. Go play all those other games. You have to go on a mission to turn an MMO into a solo ARPG.

I don't go onto Zelda forums and demand they turn it into a PC game with massively multiplayer features. I don't know why people expect to go online to a forum and demand WoW be turned into single player and not make people upset.

Thing is, we're talking about blizzard... They'll take the most complex and long path to get there.
    Just look at wow classic, there is tons of private server doing it just fine (and some are near replica of vanilla) yet blizzard came and said "Yeah, we cannot do that, it's super hard and blababla" while some random guys in basements are able to do it....

Now for D2, the original team is long gone and looking at how they work nowaday, i'd expect them to take a few years just to manage making a playable D2 remake...

D2 remaster is coming after Classic team is done with warcraft 3 reforged.

The remaster of old blizz games is done by the Classic team, so the modern diablo team has (thankfully) nothing to do with diablo 2 remaster.