Thread: Monk healing ui

Deleted

Monk healing ui

So i am going to dust of my healing monk and would like to ask if anyone knows a good and lightweight healing addon since my computer isnt good atm while i wait to get my new computer?

I've been a healer main since Wrath. These days I don't even really use any healing-specific addons. Clique I guess, but mouseover macros will do the same thing for you, Clique just makes that super easy to set up. I like the ElvUI's party/raid frames but they're not necessary, stock raid ones aren't too bad anymore. And WeakAuras for watching cooldowns but all those things are more general use addons.

If you want to really dig into and configure raid frames to show exactly what to show and how to show it you could look at Grid.

If you want really low resource then i'd suggest the standard frames + mouse over macros. It's not ideal but works.

You can also use weakauras for creating notificaitons for when spells come off cooldown, which is easy enough to learn. I think it can also monitor hots on people but that requires some scripting knowledge.
    RETH

If you're okay with the default blizzard raid frames, I would highly recommend Clique. That has a made a world of difference for me so it frees up so much space on my spell bars. This has made it so much easier for me to dps as a healer.

On a budget computer(and especially if changing computers) I highly recommend not using addons for unit frames(default frames are better than years ago) and just create in game macros for each of your spells so you're not tied to an addon eating system resources or a style dependant on an addon if change.

For example(there may be better syntax, I've had these for years):

#showtooltip Vivify
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Vivify; [@targettarget,help,nodead] Vivify; Vivify

This casts vivify on a target you have your mouse over, target of target if friendly(usually tank, sometimes a specific focus mechanic) or default vivify if none of the conditions met.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running default frames and Clique for PvE, which works like a charm.. As long as the "use raidframes as partyframes" are checked in options, it's pretty solid imo.

For PvP I'm not using any addon at all, but rather targeting macros.

So depends on what you're going to do I'd say.

So yeah, regarding addons my answer is only Clique.

I use default frames and mouseover macros to heal mythic raids. You can rely on them never breaking on patch day.

Here is mine sorry about everyone being dead i don't normally take SS's but my UI does it automatically with achievements. It's annoying just haven't turned it off yet. Regardless one is Raid another is Dungs. It's Altz UI http://www.wowinterface.com/download...zUIforBFA.html minimalistic i changed some stuff around and have other things like Details/big wigs and the such. Very light and great on resources.

Last edited by dumathoinn; 2018-10-09 at 08:15 PM.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

Deleted
    2 things is a must have for any healer. Weakauras for your resources and good raid frames. As far as frames go i would suggest vuhdo but if thats too much for your computer to handle then standard blizz frames with mouse-over macros or the addon Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Rkay View Post
    2 things is a must have for any healer. Weakauras for your resources and good raid frames. As far as frames go i would suggest vuhdo but if thats too much for your computer to handle then standard blizz frames with mouse-over macros or the addon Clique
    Grid 2 is also a very solid choice for Raid/Party frames. Lots of options and not a resource hog. Add in Clique plus my own custom Help/Harm mouseover macros works great for my Mistweaver

I likewise use Weak Auras for my "rotation" and CD's. Having that info available near the center of my FOV helps me react faster.

Am I the only person stuck in the dark ages and still using Healbot? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Extremite02 View Post
    Am I the only person stuck in the dark ages and still using Healbot? xD
    I still use healbot on my healers.
    Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-H270M-Gaming 3 | Corsair Hydro Series H110 | Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix | Corsair TX650M | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2400MHz | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Gabinete Corsair Air 540 | Razer Deathstalker - Razer Naga | Windows 10 Home 64

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Grid 2 is also a very solid choice for Raid/Party frames. Lots of options and not a resource hog. Add in Clique plus my own custom Help/Harm mouseover macros works great for my Mistweaver

I likewise use Weak Auras for my "rotation" and CD's. Having that info available near the center of my FOV helps me react faster.
    i havent used grid2 so i didnt mention it. but i have heard many good things about it