Poll: What spec would you play?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like it. Cool ideas here.

Honestly, I'd love to see Blizz add a 4th spec to all of the classes, although each one is almost like adding an entirely new class to the game.

Deleted
    Really nicely thought out dude, i love this kind of design. too bad blizzard would never allow such fun for shamans : / they hate us to the core....no fun allowed as a shaman these days. You can try to provide months of feedback they will still ignore you completely because they literally don't care about some classes/specs it seems as they butcher them when its not even necessary to change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    >2nd 4-spec class
    >3 options on poll

Clearly resto is the 4th spec, using the 4th element of water.

I like the idea but needs more totems.

Would've been cool if they'd done this before legion and given the Earth spec a massive 2h totem as their Artifact weapon, like the Tauren has in the original vanilla cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Another fantasy overhaul.

Instead of daydreaming you guys should provide proper feedback on the forums, test the spec revamp on the PTR and actually look at the real data.
    They can daydream all they want; I just wish people would stop making thread titles that suggest their idea is factual and coming from Blizzard instead of wishes.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Snip.
    If Shaman were to get a 4th spec it would be a ShadowHunter spec. SH are Shaman that use bows, but commune mainly with Spirits that have to do with death. WoW Shaman got a fair number of abilities directly from Shadow Hunter Champion in WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamogawa11 View Post
    Clearly resto is the 4th spec, using the 4th element of water.

I like the idea but needs more totems.

Would've been cool if they'd done this before legion and given the Earth spec a massive 2h totem as their Artifact weapon, like the Tauren has in the original vanilla cinematic.
    The abilities listed are only the spec specific ones, and the big ones, there would ofc be other standard ones like totems we see now and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    If Shaman were to get a 4th spec it would be a ShadowHunter spec. SH are Shaman that use bows, but commune mainly with Spirits that have to do with death. WoW Shaman got a fair number of abilities directly from Shadow Hunter Champion in WC3.
    point is moot. nobody is getting a 4th spec.

This idea is good but too dependant on existing specs. Air/lightning should be the ranged lightning DPS and Fire/molten should be burning melee. This not only makes them thematically better, but provides design space from other fire casters.

Deleted
    Poll has shitty options for me, so neither.

I like the idea of tank but needs more totems. Also, I like ele being a master of elements in that it uses all of them right now in think elemental should down play the fire a little in favor of having a mix of Earth wind fire storm

Not going to comment on individual abilities, etc, because that's too far down the rabbit hole, but the base concept is great. I would love to see four shaman specs based around each element, and the Earth based tanking spec makes so much sense because Shaman can already use shields.

Agree with the above comment about melee being the fire spec and air being the ranged spec due to design space issues. There is no fire based melee dps (aside from a tiny bit of Havoc, but that's more Fel than Fire) and no ranged based lightning dps spec so it flows better.

Dedicated elements for each spec would be wonderful flavour.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    Better than anything blizz has done with shammy in the past couple years nice work
    Yeah because its all words and doesn't have to be balanced or worked into the game.

I love the idea of each spec being Element Sepcific instead of a mashup of different elements in a single spec like we have with Ele and Enhance. The spells are nicely thought out and me being a pyromaniac would deff go Fire route

Ah yes, the Earthwarden Tank spec for Shaman.

One thing I would want to say is please don't take away Earth Elemental from other specs. The one thing I loved about Enhancement in BfA is the addition of our rock boi, it improved our solo ability by a metric ton.

The Earth Elemental from Tank spec could use some modification such as actually able to Taunt the boss. This way, it functions similar to a tank cooldown, but is actually unique that it directs damage away from you, as oppose to just reduce damage taken like all the other tank cooldown that already exist. Making it receive a portion of healing you received is also good so that the healer can keep it alive without screwing up their UI. (AFAIK, many Healers set their UI to not display pets)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post

One thing I would want to say is please don't take away Earth Elemental from other specs. The one thing I loved about Enhancement in BfA is the addition of our rock boi, it improved our solo ability by a metric ton.

The Earth Elemental from Tank spec could use some modification such as actually able to Taunt the boss. This way, it functions similar to a tank cooldown, but is actually unique that it directs damage away from you, as oppose to just reduce damage taken like all the other tank cooldown that already exist. Making it receive a portion of healing you received is also good so that the healer can keep it alive without screwing up their UI. (AFAIK, many Healers set their UI to not display pets)
    idea is nice althought taunts on boss have DR to so taunting pet may create some problems

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    I've been thinking of an idea for Shamans to have 4 specs, 1 for each element, recently, and came up with this.
    Nice. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post

geodude for life!!!!!!!!

Man for real this would be much more amasing. (I would just make the caster spec a mix of Lava and Frost)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Ah yes, Earth Elemental. When I saw that we got it back I didn´t think much of it but now as I started leveling and with WQs I cant imagine my life without it. I would like to be able to use it in raid to some extent though. Maybe with the redesign of azerite armor they could improve the trate that turns it into a sort dps CD and place it in a way that we could choose to use that trait without hurting output.

As far as Earthwardens design, it could be a sort of Tank class with a pet. That would be a way to differentiate it from other tanks. By designing it around the constant use of the earth elemental by sharing health and dividing the dmg taken between the elemental and the shaman. Something really cool, original and different could be done.
    i mean it can still be for all the specs but just those special extra effects for earth

Deleted
    Personally I like it that each spec uses all elements but are focused on one in particular.
    Enhance imo lacks some regular frost damage for them to be perfect in concept. Same with Elemental.
    A tank spec should be focused on Earth with support from mainly frost and water, then fire and with air/lightning as the lowest.