Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    A plague of Shamans

    Has anyone else noticed the amount of enhancement shamans you are seeing in 3s now.

    We are just getting crushed by them now.

  2. #2
    Deleted
    Hi, one of my alts is an enhanc shaman so i can give you some tips

    They are very fragile and their offheal without dampening is huge, you can bait them into purging to deplete their mana and then focus them or leave them cc less because they won't offheal (He can't even grounding totem/wind shear if he's oom)

    Again, for all sham specs, you can outrange grounding totem/wind shear if you're a caster, so pay attention to that

    If you're a warrior, disarm him on ascendance, he won't do sh*t

    Tldr : yes they are op but they have some slight weaknesses, the damage from the two nature damage AoEs will be nerfed for sure as well as the offhealing

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogooder View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the amount of enhancement shamans you are seeing in 3s now.

    We are just getting crushed by them now.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...aderboards/3v3 - i found 1 enhancement shaman in top 50 players. Maybe you should think about your gameplay.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...aderboards/3v3 - i found 1 enhancement shaman in top 50 players. Maybe you should think about your gameplay.
    I counted 6 out of the top 60 not to mention no #1. A 10% overall is pretty strong if you ask me.
    Either way top 50 is not a reliable metric. I would count top 1000 instead. Traditionally if the best PVP players played certain classes they would stick to their comps and what not.

    Anyway to argue nowadays that Assasination Rogue, Enh Shaman, Arms Warrior and Resto druids are not busted it means that: you are lying, you don't know anything about PVP

  5. #5
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...aderboards/3v3 - i found 1 enhancement shaman in top 50 players. Maybe you should think about your gameplay.
    Yes because most of us are around that bracket....

    Maybe use your brain?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    I counted 6 out of the top 60 not to mention no #1. A 10% overall is pretty strong if you ask me.
    Either way top 50 is not a reliable metric. I would count top 1000 instead. Traditionally if the best PVP players played certain classes they would stick to their comps and what not.

    Anyway to argue nowadays that Assasination Rogue, Enh Shaman, Arms Warrior and Resto druids are not busted it means that: you are lying, you don't know anything about PVP
    Only 2 of those are enhance. 3 of them are resto, one is ele.
    Not to discount the other things you said, just pointing out that those 6 shamans in top 60 aren't all enhance.

  7. #7
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post

    Anyway to argue nowadays that Assasination Rogue, Enh Shaman, Arms Warrior and Resto druids are not busted it means that: you are lying, you don't know anything about PVP
    Arms is gutted and pretty balanced right now. Not in any way OP.

  8. #8
    The Patient Ornith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    47° 35' 57.584"N 3° 32' 5.233"E
    Posts
    262
    Be4 you rant about Enhancement, focus on Resto druids, Assa rogues and Lock's Drain Life ticking for 40-45k each sec.

    Yes, Arms is not OP, but it's like one of the best counters to Enhancements as well.

  9. #9
    I don't think Enhancement is overpowered, due to weak defenses, however it does feel incredibly strong and brainless in 3s right now; as a chain of stormstrike procs can make good teams struggle against weak and mediocre players. Again, it's not really OP, just excellent results for low skill - even bad players can dish out outrageous pressure at any time with procs: lowering the amount of skill needed, and potentially leading to over representation in 3s. I shouldn't matter at the highest levels of play, but I feel bad for average players. You simply cannot let enhance just wail on someone currently, you have to chase the shaman off somehow - their vulnerability to stuns + burst for example.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2018-10-08 at 08:50 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    I don't think Enhancement is overpowered, due to weak defenses, however it does feel incredibly strong and brainless in 3s right now; as a chain of stormstrike procs can make good teams struggle against weak and mediocre players. Again, it's not really OP, just excellent results for low skill - even bad players can dish out outrageous pressure at any time with procs: lowering the amount of skill needed, and potentially leading to over representation in 3s. I shouldn't matter at the highest levels of play, but I feel bad for average players. You simply cannot let enhance just wail on someone currently, you have to chase the shaman off somehow - their vulnerability to stuns + burst for example.
    Hmm you do know you mentioned Stun + burst as their vulnerability, this is general to all classes, maybe except the immunity ones with their Bubble,IB up.
    They have a lot of utility in their totems, the wall is 1.5 min, their offheal is way to strong, they can purge, during Asedence they can attack at range and bypass armor. Just look at the latest arena tournaments and see how good they are.

    And no, they do not have weak defense, they have actually very very strong defense, good damage and amazing burst. They also provide a lot of utility for their team.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    I counted 6 out of the top 60 not to mention no #1. A 10% overall is pretty strong if you ask me.
    Either way top 50 is not a reliable metric. I would count top 1000 instead. Traditionally if the best PVP players played certain classes they would stick to their comps and what not.

    Anyway to argue nowadays that Assasination Rogue, Enh Shaman, Arms Warrior and Resto druids are not busted it means that: you are lying, you don't know anything about PVP
    As mr. Ryzeth told... not every shaman there are enhancement, that time i post it, only 1 of them was equiped as enha. Rest of them were resto.
    But you are right, that 50 is small sample to make conclusions.

    Arms and enha shamans do nothing against WW monks or frost mages....
    They have low surviablity, enha has very bad mobility. But they have strong damage.... (if u r DK then i understand why you dont like them... )

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    I don't think Enhancement is overpowered, due to weak defenses, however it does feel incredibly strong and brainless in 3s right now; as a chain of stormstrike procs can make good teams struggle against weak and mediocre players. Again, it's not really OP, just excellent results for low skill - even bad players can dish out outrageous pressure at any time with procs: lowering the amount of skill needed, and potentially leading to over representation in 3s. I shouldn't matter at the highest levels of play, but I feel bad for average players. You simply cannot let enhance just wail on someone currently, you have to chase the shaman off somehow - their vulnerability to stuns + burst for example.
    ^ this guy
    You can counter enha shamans strength and punish them for their weakness ( mobility, surviability during cc).
    Last edited by Nargoron; 2018-10-09 at 09:36 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargoron View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...aderboards/3v3 - i found 1 enhancement shaman in top 50 players. Maybe you should think about your gameplay.
    They got an array of buffs, as soon as that happened a lot of people started playing them. Hell, I rarely saw one before the buffs now I can't go 3 games in a row without seeing one. The ladder isn't really a good indicator because of this.

    Mind you I'm not saying they're overpowered, their burst needs to be looked at though.

  13. #13
    High Overlord Onizuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Birth of Civilization
    Posts
    178
    Plague...
    That's a strong word to use considering:
    https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pvp...an/enhancement
    *(3.5% overall representation on 1800+ on ALL competitive and 4.5% on 3s specifically).

    Unless, we are talking for non competitive 1600 rating, filled with dreamer top end notch wannabes.

    More specifically:
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction=

    Enhas are on a 5% representation in 3s over 1800+
    Surpussed in representation by ~45% from Arms and Frost MAges, while Assa dominates the 3s with 100% over Enhas (classes that dominated in Gladi competition).

    Mind you, that current meta favors Turbo and AWC streams boosted it even further.
    It's always like that for every S1 of a new expansion.

    At start a specific meta gets favored over the rest of comps but gets toned down later on.
    Last edited by Onizuka; 2018-10-09 at 10:31 AM.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

  14. #14
    I'd rather face Enh than Rogue tbh. I'm tired of facing Assa/Disc 60% of EVERY match at fucking 1600. That's not even good rating.

    I'm also tired of facing ex glads too as someone who is making their first real foray into arena (just trying 1800 to get elite appearance and then I'm done). Hitting a hard wall at 1650-1700.

    I started counting and out of the 60 or so matches I played yesterday I faced 12 teams with an ex-glad (from other expansions). Not only that, 2 of those 12 were current glads in a different bracket.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    Plague...
    That's a strong word to use considering:
    https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pvp...an/enhancement
    *(3.5% overall representation on 1800+ on ALL competitive and 4.5% on 3s specifically).

    Unless, we are talking for non competitive 1600 rating, filled with dreamer top end notch wannabes.

    More specifically:
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction=

    Enhas are on a 5% representation in 3s over 1800+
    Surpussed in representation by ~45% from Arms and Frost MAges, while Assa dominates the 3s with 100% over Enhas (classes that dominated in Gladi competition).

    Mind you, that current meta favors Turbo and AWC streams boosted it even further.
    It's always like that for every S1 of a new expansion.

    At start a specific meta gets favored over the rest of comps but gets toned down later on.
    Nice post. You used much more relevant data then me.

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire Resentless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    edgeville
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    Plague...
    That's a strong word to use considering:
    https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pvp...an/enhancement
    *(3.5% overall representation on 1800+ on ALL competitive and 4.5% on 3s specifically).

    Unless, we are talking for non competitive 1600 rating, filled with dreamer top end notch wannabes.

    More specifically:
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...r=3v3&faction=

    Enhas are on a 5% representation in 3s over 1800+
    Surpussed in representation by ~45% from Arms and Frost MAges, while Assa dominates the 3s with 100% over Enhas (classes that dominated in Gladi competition).

    Mind you, that current meta favors Turbo and AWC streams boosted it even further.
    It's always like that for every S1 of a new expansion.

    At start a specific meta gets favored over the rest of comps but gets toned down later on.
    Oh shush we all know enhance is absolutely busted. That's why they just got shredded in a hotfix. I was just levelling one to go for easy 2nd glad but alas.

  17. #17
    Deleted
    Meanwhile everyone overlooks the retarded spec called retribution paladin which :

    -is a hybrid
    -tons of damage
    -best healing capacity of any dps spec
    -best tankiness of any dps spec


    But of course they have bad mobility so everything is fine, they can delete people in 2 PVE rotations without wings seems balanced!
    Dks with no mobility are just as stro....oh wait they are shit!


    I guess another expansion with huge developer bias. Usual rogues, mages, priests and sometimes paladin like usual,its getting boring and predictable

  18. #18
    Deleted
    So Shamans actually had >one< niche in BfA with Enhance were they felt good and Blizzard takes that away too now!?

    I've never been on the crying Shaman bandwagon before in years but BfA totally insults me. It's disgusting.

  19. #19
    Retribution never enjoyed much time in the top OP spot in PvP, in the past they were hit extremely fast with the nerf hammer. So i would not worry too much.
    As long as frost mages are at the top, you won't see many paladins.

    Current status
    2200+ / 3v3
    Rogue Assassination 10.2%
    Priest Discipline 8.4%
    Mage Frost 7.2%
    Warrior Arms 7.1%
    Paladin Holy 6.7%
    Shaman Enhancement 5.8%
    Shaman Restoration 5.7%
    Druid Balance 4.6%
    Priest Shadow 4.4%
    Monk Mistweaver 3.9%
    Druid Restoration 3.7%
    Paladin Retribution 3.7%

  20. #20
    So it seems that enhance will be getting the nerf bat

    When I made this thread we were sitting around 1920 rating in 3s playing Resto Druid/Ret Pally/Survival Hunter. Our MMR was in the 2200 range. We bascially got a steady comp of Enhance/Warror/Some Healer and honestly I don' think we won a game against that comp. We thought the Shamans were geared but we noticed most of them had 100k health and half there gear were still blues.

    Maybe we were being outskilled and I can live with that as we not hard core pvpers but I didn't think we were that bad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •