Page 1 of 225
... LastLast

[TV] The Mandalorian (*Spoilers*)

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/4/17...hoto-directors

as much as i hate disneywars, this could potentially be good and i am slightly more excited than pessimistic.

being set far from the republic is the best thing they could have done with it. i just hope it's not some weak-dick bitch of a mandalorian, about justice and peace and shit.

i want the legit mandalorians, the jedi-killers, the most elite professional armies and soldiers for hire in the galaxy.

I'm hoping its more in line with the mandalorians from Knights of the Old Republic and less like the ones in clone wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm hoping its more in line with the mandalorians from Knights of the Old Republic and less like the ones in clone wars.
    i hope so.

i want this character to be a cold as fuck contract killer, and i want it to take us to mandalore itself to see their REAL culture of warriors.

A lot of potential I see. Allthough I'm afraif you'll get Clone Wars Mandalorians, not KOTOR Mandalorians.

Then again, I'll not be subscribing to Disneys streaming service. Here's hoping it will air on Netflix in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/4/17...hoto-directors

as much as i hate disneywars, this could potentially be good and i am slightly more excited than pessimistic.

being set far from the republic is the best thing they could have done with it. i just hope it's not some weak-dick bitch of a mandalorian, about justice and peace and shit.

i want the legit mandalorians, the jedi-killers, the most elite professional armies and soldiers for hire in the galaxy.
    True, because we have so many things from the republic era, they are almost boring and unoriginal.... wait

Im kinda burnt out on star wars trying to be gritty and dark. Id like something a little cleaner and uplifting.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve been loving what Disney has been doing in the comics hopefully this will be up to their quaility as even though I enjoy the new movies they have some huge story/character flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Im kinda burnt out on star wars trying to be gritty and dark. Id like something a little cleaner and uplifting.

Something like that?

7+ Year Old Account

Where have they been trying to be gritty and dark? Even rouge one wasn’t really gritty and they all die in that.

Deleted
    Disney extending stay of Kathleen is a middle-finger towards the fans, I'll never give them my monies ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost willing to bet that this is about Boba Fett and not some random Mandalorian. Most Mandalorians stuck to Mandalore. If they weren't fighting each other they were under the boot of Maul or the Empire. The only people outside of Mandalorian space in the armor were Jango and Boba for the most part. Both are 'Mandalorian' by name because of their armor, being actual Mandalorians is debatable.

Would be cool if they did it something like Smallville where they never say his name.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm almost willing to bet that this is about Boba Fett and not some random Mandalorian. Most Mandalorians stuck to Mandalore. If they weren't fighting each other they were under the boot of Maul or the Empire. The only people outside of Mandalorian space in the armor were Jango and Boba for the most part. Both are 'Mandalorian' by name because of their armor, being actual Mandalorians is debatable.

Would be cool if they did it something like Smallville where they never say his name.
    I don't know. Jon Favreau's summary made it seem like it won't be Boba Fett.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    I don't know. Jon Favreau's summary made it seem like it won't be Boba Fett.
    Yeah I just read what he wrote...im so wrong.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Yeah I just read what he wrote...im so wrong.
    Shame! Shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Where have they been trying to be gritty and dark? Even rouge one wasn’t really gritty and they all die in that.
    Rogue One was very gritty and dark. It looked like they were in slums for most of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rogue One was very gritty and dark. It looked like they were in slums for most of it.
    Mabye I just don’t remember it being gritty because I really hated rouge one so It didn’t stick in my memory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Disney extending stay of Kathleen is a middle-finger towards the fans, I'll never give them my monies ever again.

Why is it a middle finger? She’s apperntly the lead of all of starwars and the none movie stuff has been amazing if they can make shows up to there quaility and not the movies they will be god dam amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    A lot of potential I see. Allthough I'm afraif you'll get Clone Wars Mandalorians, not KOTOR Mandalorians.

Then again, I'll not be subscribing to Disneys streaming service. Here's hoping it will air on Netflix in the EU.
    I have not subscribed to CBS's streaming service and was able to watch all of ST" Discovery free. It is out there if you know where to look.

OT: I myself am hoping to see a middle ground of KotOR and Cone Wars Mandos. The Mandos pf KotOR were scattered to the wind and the Mandos of Clone Wars seem to have gotten themselves back to a cohesive society. I would like to see how that all happened.

Besides with KotOR being 'outside' of Official canon, I doubt we will see anything along KotOR lines. My best hope is to see that they develop stories on several Mandos and the Bounty Hunter mythos as a whole within the Imperial Rule of the Galaxy and how they work for both Empire and Rebellion.

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is, in order to build upon something original and apart from the rest of the SW fanfare, we will need random Mandos to be part of the show. The Mando being the main driver of the show and we will come up against other Bounty Hunters, spies, assassins, and other story arcs. If Disney plays their cards right, this can be what SW:ToR was supposed to be in way of story telling.

I would love to see about how Boba grew up after his father died, but I woudl be MORE excited to see someone and something NEW to the Galaxy and not just the same old known and established characters. Just look at how SW:Rebels did. Whole new cast of characters and stories with 'appearences of established characters. I was hooked the entire series on Kanan and Hera, Saben and Garazeb. My fave character in the series was Kallus.

THAT is what Mandalorian needs. A new fresh infusion of characters unknown to the SW Universe who we get to see grow and develop over the seasons, and the side characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Mabye I just don’t remember it being gritty because I really hated rouge one so It didn’t stick in my memory.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it a middle finger? She’s apperntly the lead of all of starwars and the none movie stuff has been amazing if they can make shows up to there quaility and not the movies they will be god dam amazing.
    Because it is in the toilet because of her? Dave Filoni really needs to get her job! He knows how to do good Star Wars.

No, Rogue One was supposed to be dark and gritty but Disney paniced and forced them to make it more profitable I mean... light hearted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Because it is in the toilet because of her? Dave Filoni really needs to get her job! He knows how to do good Star Wars.
    it really isn't, Is don't know what world you live in where movies coming out regularly tv shows coming out and multiple comic lines is in the toilet.