Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If they add Ezra, should be some Iranian/Afghan or someone from that part of the world, to look the part, tired of Hollywood having a short list of actors to do everything..
    https://twitter.com/RahulKohli13/sta...75939903377408
    Could be nothing.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they step up their action game a bit. The whole "cat and mouse with impotent faceless lackeys," while a staple of the Star Wars universe, is not exactly compelling action. These past three episodes have had the majority of their action centered around that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Warcraft has always had pop culture memes and easter eggs. secret missions, pissed quotes, even names of Orc clans referencing Heavy metal bands. The cheat codes were especially pop culture referential.

Even two of WC3's main missions were homages to A song of Ice and Fire.
    I know, I think the issue is at some point they're more concerned with memes and all that shit as opposed to actually focusing on good content.

It's like the silly DC shows on the CW. They're more focused on, 'OMG GREEN LANTERN REFERENCE' as opposed to doing a good story.

Like some others have said, I was surprised and super stoked to hear them mention Tython--especially as a former SWTOR player (it was one of my favorite starter zones in an MMO). I hope we get to see the planet relatively soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hanging around Din is traumatizing for kids...he kills people left n right in front of the child n it too keeps getting attacked, not a good way to grow up, in fear, so much bad unproductive stress...

"I sense much fear in you" -Yoda

I see Din eventually parting ways with Grogu at end of season 3 (4?) after all the bad guys have been taken care of, maybe Din moves to Mandalore or something. Grogu gets to live with Ezra, Din visits sometimes.

There's also that special connection Ezra creates with animals, he reaches out, so I assume wherever he would reside, would be safe, tranquil, no predators would come stalking for a lil' baby, could be far from civilization. I think the baby needs a good rest..
    Anakin is the same age as Grogun abs was raised around a bunch of killers...oh wait.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The line is actually "History lesson, the Jedi won the war with Mandalore."

Officially what it is referring to is the entire conflict between the Jedi and Mandalorians. The canon name is the Mandalorian-Jedi War.

If I say "History lesson, the United States won the war with Japan" would you say that is only an insinuation of World War II and not a direct reference?
    That assumes there is only one conflict in history for the Jedi and Mandalore, which while it is likely referring to the Mandalorian War, still isn't an official confirmation until there is more concrete descriptions added to it.

We're talking 3000 years here, its not like Mandalore hasn't been a problem for the republic in all those years either. It could be the Mandolorian war of KOTOR's era, or it could be another conflict that hasn't been fleshed out in the High Republic era for all we know.

A vague descriptor is not enough to officiate it, hence why I said barely, because there is 1.) no name drop to canonize the event, and 2.)one reference that hasn't been directly tied to Kotor in any fashion other than the viewer's insinuation, which doesn't substitute for official canon if they decide to make it about another war.

This would be closer to saying the US won against germany, either WW1 or WW2 would fill in the gap, but you wouldn't know which one until more details are given. You could assume its about WW2, but you could also be 100% wrong unless you had more info to go with.

So again, unless you have official sources that say that the Jedi-Mandalorian war from KOTOR's era is canon, you are still assuming based on prior knowledge, not official material.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2020-11-29 at 09:50 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I don't have twitter, can't see what it is..

Rahul Kohli:
    I’m currently alone filming a new show and couldn’t celebrate the release of Bly Manor with my friends, family or the Bly cast, so I’ve treated myself to ONE can of Coke. Thank you all so much for watching, your tweets have made me smile! Cheers ❤️

Feels to me he's hinting at him playing adult Ezra.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2020-11-29 at 11:27 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    That assumes there is only one conflict in history for the Jedi and Mandalore, which while it is likely referring to the Mandalorian War, still isn't an official confirmation until there is more concrete descriptions added to it.
    Because canonly there was only one war. Per Dave Filoni, it covers the events in canon that would be the multiple conflicts between the Jedi and Mandalorians.

This would be closer to saying the US won against germany, either WW1 or WW2 would fill in the gap, but you wouldn't know which one until more details are given. You could assume its about WW2, but you could also be 100% wrong unless you had more info to go with.
    Except you wouldn't say the War with Germany. You'd either say won the wars with Germany, implying more than one. Won the Last war with Germany, etc... Your argument doesn't fit the same style as Kanan's statement.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-11-29 at 11:26 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Feels to me he's hinting at him playing adult Ezra.
    How old is Ezra at Mandalorian? That dude looks like he is in his forties...salt n pepper beard.

I assume Ezra is in his early twenties at the most..

This feels like another "hey, I'm an established, known, actor, I should get the part even though I don't look the part/age/whatever"...typical hollywood.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-11-29 at 12:00 PM.

How old is Ezra at Mandalorian? That dude looks like he is in his forties...salt n pepper beard.

This feels like another "hey, I'm an established, known, actor, I should get the part even though I don't look the part/age/whatever"...typical hollywood.
    Ezra was born 19 BBY, Mandalorian takes place 9 ABY so he'd be 28. Little off from the actor, 35, but they could say his experience in another galaxy aged him or w/e.

7+ Year Old Account

Ezra has the same birthday as Luke and Leia. They are all born at the end of the clone wars which under the Empire was Empire Day.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    I agree with almost everything you're saying, but I personally haven't encountered any "alt-right fans" claim that the films were bad because of the identity politics. The problem is that because the story is so unbearably shalllow, the identity politics stand out so hard and make it seem like they were the only thing they had in mind when making the movie. I don't even see that problem in the sequels as a whole, it's just TLJ that suffers from this so much, with all the strong women, unbehaving boys and token characters, which ruins the other movies as well, because it absolutely destroys any context and continuity the trilogy could have had, if the 2nd movie made any sense.
    I would then for your own good not go into the Youtube Star Wars fan rabbit hole. For them it's all 'nyaaah Kathleen kennedy, nyaah stwong female chawacters are the pwoblem, nyaaah don't call me toxic cos I wove Alita!' It's really just a cesspool of very annoying people who seem to hate everything from Brie Larson to JJ Abrams to Pedrro Pascal. They LOVE Gina 'Systemic Racism Is Not An Issue' Carano. No surprise there really.

RE: The Last Jedi, I disagree. I don't think Johnson was trying to pit gender against gender. He was trying to play against the trope of hotshot pilot by saying 'sometimes they get people killed and that's not so hotshot'. The issue is this, he tried to play against the trope AND solve it in the SAME DAMN FILM. Imagine if the films were actually made by committee. And they actually spent time plotting character's arcs. Poe for example.

1. Episode VII paints Poe as the hotshot pilot, who saves the day with his derring do antics in the final battle at Starkiller Base.
    2. Episode VIII shows this attitude get to his head. The bombing run doesn't happen at the start of the film, but at the end where Holdo and he disagree on how to do deal with stuff and Poe costs a lot of lives, endangering the Rebellion. Instead his story is Finn + Poe going off to figure out the magic hyperspace tracking information instead, with Rose not being in the story. I don't think she's necessary.
    3. Episode IX deals with the fallout of a decimated Rebellion, you show that Poe has been demoted as is essentially the equivalent of 'detective being a beatcop'. Holdo's role isn't too beat him down, but actually help him recover from the shitshow he's put everyone through, culminating in him succeeding Leia as leader of the Fleet. It analyses the tropes in film and yet tells a great story of strong women, fallible leaders all round.

But that would literally require ALL THREE FILMS TO MAKE SENSE. Which didn't happen. The crux of the issue is a lack of cohesion. Differing ideas everywhere and the solution to that seemed to be 'erase what the previous guy did'. Episode VII was a reaction to the Prequels. Episode VIII was a reaction to Episode VII. Episode IX was a reaction Episode VIII. And the blame for that is at EVERYONE'S doorstep. Disney. Lucasfilm. The whole gamut. It's not the end of the world, they'll do better. Tbh, I think they have done alright apart from the actual trilogy, which is sad and weird.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2020-11-29 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because canonly there was only one war. Per Dave Filoni, it covers the events in canon that would be the multiple conflicts between the Jedi and Mandalorians.
    I'm going to just say it now, link your source or shut the fuck up. Nothing short of a word of god at this point is going to prove your claim and I sure as fuck am not going to sit here rummaging through interviews to prove a negative.

You are simply going on assumption based on Kotor lore, which is not canon at this point in time. And let me be clear, Filoni saying its canon is no better than hearsay unless you can link me an interview of him saying it directly. Otherwise, you need to show me a source to officiated material that says that conflict was, without doubt: Named, given a time period for the conflict, and only had ONE War which culminated in a Jedi Victory.

Except you wouldn't say the War with Germany. You'd either say won the wars with Germany, implying more than one. Won the Last war with Germany, etc... Your argument doesn't fit the same style as Kanan's statement.
    This is just you failing to understand a 6th grade analogy that you yourself made... unless you really wanted to be disingenuous and try to deride my example by saying "you misspelt wars".
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to just say it now, link your source or shut the fuck up. Nothing short of a word of god at this point is going to prove your claim and I sure as fuck am not going to sit here rummaging through interviews to prove a negative.

You are simply going on assumption based on Kotor lore, which is not canon at this point in time. And let me be clear, Filoni saying its canon is no better than hearsay unless you can link me an interview of him saying it directly. Otherwise, you need to show me a source to officiated material that says that conflict was, without doubt: Named, given a time period for the conflict, and only had ONE War which culminated in a Jedi Victory.
    Wookieepedia.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Man...c_Reference-11

https://web.archive.org/web/20170220...nce-confirmed/

This is just you failing to understand a 6th grade analogy that you yourself made... unless you really wanted to be disingenuous and try to deride my example by saying "you misspelt wars".
    No, it is SHOWING why you failed to understand the 6th grade analogy I made because you don't understand elementary school grammar. Kanan says THE, means it refers to a specific conflict. That conflict in Canon is know as the Mandalorian-Jedi War. Just because you are lazy and can't do a 2 second google search.

You wouldn't say the war with Germany as there were two. You would say A war, the wars, or The war with Nazi Germany. Seriously, just because you don't understand the canon isn't my fault. Grow up.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-11-29 at 07:46 PM.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, so you DO know how to fucking use a forum. It only took you, what, 3 days to provide a simple link to end this discussion?

And Wookiepedia isn't a source, the link in the references was, just like any encyclopedia source is.

How about you fucking grow up and provide your damn source next time instead of dragging out a simple misconception.

Keep it civil, no need to be rude to each other.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if I mentioned it before, but I think Ezra Bridger will be the Jedi to train Grogu. He will be more motivated due to his own past, more sympathetic, has overcome his own issues in his new family, the ghost crew. Ezra is also the kind of Jedi to take risks and bring in Grogu into a family, or crew, whatever.

What stuck with me is Filoni's explaination of 'the duel of fates' what was at stake.
    The difference between Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V5-9__XvPg
    I think Ezra's 'family' and 'father figure' Kanan Jarrus formed Ezra so he would take on the role of training someone like Grogu.

Ahsoka left the Jedi order, Ezra never joined. Ahsoka saw what the dark side could do with her master Anakin and his issues so taking on Grogu is a big risk she doesn't want to shoulder, but Ezra has overcome and reject the dark side and would assume he could lead someone else to do so too.

If they add Ezra, should be some Iranian/Afghan or someone from that part of the world, to look the part, tired of Hollywood having a short list of actors to do everything..
    I agree.

I'm also calling it now.

Grogu will be the vehicle to propel Star Wars forward, since his (are we sure it's a he or a she? Haven't noticed a gender proof yet. I'll continue with male, though) race is perennial. His existence will facilitate a 300-400 year jump, where he's an adult and probably trained and expert in the use of Force.
    /spit@Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, so you DO know how to fucking use a forum. It only took you, what, 3 days to provide a simple link to end this discussion?

And Wookiepedia isn't a source, the link in the references was, just like any encyclopedia source is.

How about you fucking grow up and provide your damn source next time instead of dragging out a simple misconception.
    *points to the source Wookieepedia was quoting*

You lost. I am done. Take the L and walk away.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I agree.

I'm also calling it now.

Grogu will be the vehicle to propel Star Wars forward, since his (are we sure it's a he or a she? Haven't noticed a gender proof yet. I'll continue with male, though) race is perennial. His existence will facilitate a 300-400 year jump, where he's an adult and probably trained and expert in the use of Force.
    The Child aka Grogu has been called he or him on multiple occasions. Of course, being only the third of the species to appear. Yoda, Yaddle, and Grogu somethings could be up in the air still.