Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t feel it was to show that’s she’s a hot head. It may, as another user pointed out, was to give her a scene to show off her WWE skills, but did it really need to be in a bar, up against Boba?

Again, I kinda feel like it was a little forced girl power moment for the character/actress.

Agree to disagree.
    It did feel forced, but it didn't really feel like "girl power" either, so eh.

Honestly, what irked me a lot more were the two totally unarmored characters just stomping through hallways under constant fire - often not even taking cover - and not having a scratch. Yeah yeah, stormtroopers can't shoot and all that, but damn. When you take it too far, then after a while it takes all the possible tension out of it and makes the armor and/or abilities of other characters feel cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I’d be ok with either but i think Boba Fett will be a spin off. There is too much of Din’s story left to tell. We need to see how the darksaber stuff plays out.
    I think the clue is right there in the name. The Mandalorian is treated like a book. They are calling the Fett show the 'Book of Boba Fett as opposed to the chapter(s) of Boba Fett. The distinction isn't huge though, because either way it's a subset of Mando.

I also think Disney isn't worked about the shows overlapping since 2021 and 2022 is going to be full of releases. It's kit like they are trying to spread things out anymore, nor do they need to since everything is on their own dedicated platform. They can only keep people subbed longer instead, what I imagine a lot of people do now, only sub for Mando.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I think the clue is right there in the name. The Mandalorian is treated like a book. They are calling the Fett show the 'Book of Boba Fett as opposed to the chapter(s) of Boba Fett. The distinction isn't huge though, because either way it's a subset of Mando.

I also think Disney isn't worked about the shows overlapping since 2021 and 2022 is going to be full of releases. It's kit like they are trying to spread things out anymore, nor do they need to since everything is on their own dedicated platform. They can only keep people subbed longer instead, what I imagine a lot of people do now, only sub for Mando.
    Not to kinkshame, but are we not doing phrasing anymore?

God damn it! I'm not a Blademaster anymore. Being a Field Marshal makes me feel like I should be wearing a striped shirt and verbally harassing very large men.
    Last edited by Sterling Archer; 2020-12-20 at 04:53 AM.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.
    Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
    Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Well...what I meant was that when Gideon tried to backstab Din, he just chopped like he expected the saber to go right through him. He didn't aim for a weak spot, or go for an actual stab to an unarmored location.
    How can you tell? Maybe he did, but Mando just expertly put his beskar in the way.

In any event: this is movie choreography, not actual fighting. There's a long-standing history of stage fights being basically weapons smashing into each other rather than fighting like you would when trying to ACTUALLY kill someone. Most "real" fighting styles look nothing like they are portrayed on screen. There's a good analysis of sword fighting techniques for lightsabers somewhere on YT (can't remember where exactly) that basically says it would/should look nothing like it does in SW because that's not how you'd fight with a weapon like that.

What matters on the screen isn't that it's REAL, but that it LOOKS GOOD. Sometimes the two can overlap, but a lot of the time it'd actually look a little goofy to our eyes if they were using moves designed for efficiency rather than flourish.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    How can you tell? Maybe he did, but Mando just expertly put his beskar in the way.

In any event: this is movie choreography, not actual fighting. There's a long-standing history of stage fights being basically weapons smashing into each other rather than fighting like you would when trying to ACTUALLY kill someone. Most "real" fighting styles look nothing like they are portrayed on screen. There's a good analysis of sword fighting techniques for lightsabers somewhere on YT (can't remember where exactly) that basically says it would/should look nothing like it does in SW because that's not how you'd fight with a weapon like that.

What matters on the screen isn't that it's REAL, but that it LOOKS GOOD. Sometimes the two can overlap, but a lot of the time it'd actually look a little goofy to our eyes if they were using moves designed for efficiency rather than flourish.
    If you watch he basically slashed with a glancing blow across Mando’s back. He was hoping to turn them all against each other and escape in the aftermath. Then Luke wrecked shop.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So...my point: It's ok for Jedi(male or female) to go crazy badass because it's established. That's what I saw happen with Bo and her sidekick, Shan, and Dune. I really don't think there was anything else there.
    it's ok for Jedi to do the Jedi stuff

it's not ok for those 4 to basically show off their melee skills against stormtroopers they SHOT anyway. If they just took them down in melee - OK, if they just shot them - OK - Melee and then shoot - not ok. No logic. Just show-offs.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

Hot take

Now that the Obi and Fett movies have been turned into mini-series, I hope they turn finish that Solo story they alluded to with a mini-series...and I would hope they give it to Rian Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Boba Fett will have his own show. His oath/deal with Din is over now that the Kid was rescued. So there is no reason to think that he will Season 3 will focus on him outside of any cross over that could happen since the shows will be taking place in the same relative time and place as each other.
    Mandalorian season 3 confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba IS Mandalorian S03. There wont be 2 show at the same time if D+ could milk them one by one. Also Pedro Pascal was officially reduced to voice actor after S02

Herald of the Titans
    Hot take

Now that the Obi and Fett movies have been turned into mini-series, I hope they turn finish that Solo story they alluded to with a mini-series...and I would hope they give it to Rian Johnson.
    Trolling?

Doubt that Rian Johnson would adhere to an interconnected SW universe under the guidance of Favreau-Filoni, given that Disney is already following the Marvel-Feige way in their new Disney+ shows.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Everything I've read that isn't a gossip rag seems to indicate that all this "drama" with Pedro Pascal is basically bullshit. He's stated on the record that he likes that Mando doesn't show his face, because it makes any points where he does more meaningful.
    I am fairly certain it is bullshit too. I can believe a disagreement / scuff happened on set because these things happen at work. But I get the sense it was blown way out of proportion. Dude might have gotten mad about something and stepped out to cool off for a bit. Suddenly people that try to grab the bag on youtube videos turned it into "another SW fail! I told you it wouldn't work out! HATE HATE HATE".

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Trolling?

Doubt that Rian Johnson would adhere to an interconnected SW universe under the guidance of Favreau-Filoni, given that Disney is already following the Marvel-Feige way in their new Disney+ shows.
    Not even trolling. RJ is a good director, the ST was managed poorly and JJ did an arguably worse job than he did. TLJ has a ton of faults but it did try to move the franchise forward and carve out an identity for it. And as far as we know RJ is still tied to a SW project. Under an actual plan, RJ would do fine.

Let's not forget Fav and Filoni haven't put out duds. Early MCU was a hot mess, which Fav was a part of. Filoni put out the one SW since Disney's acquisition that everyone agrees to forget, Resistance. RJ would do just fine if there's a larger narrative in play.

Great end to the season, loved it. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    it's ok for Jedi to do the Jedi stuff

it's not ok for those 4 to basically show off their melee skills against stormtroopers they SHOT anyway. If they just took them down in melee - OK, if they just shot them - OK - Melee and then shoot - not ok. No logic. Just show-offs.
    I think it's fine for them to.. normal people can be great at melee.

The point is jedi should be shown as exceptional , well above normal because of all the abilities the force and imbue them with.

Like seeing the future ( i.e. the opponents next move)
    moving faster, so the action can be faster than normal humans are capable of
    stronger - as the force empowers

Plus in the narrative, the jedi are highly trained from birth - this would beat any other normal humanoid group, including professional ones, i'ts at the very top, and the best normal races can do is match their training regime, and even then the force gives them a whole new level of advantage.

So they should be noticeably much more impressive. This is why you have them face multiple targets, mandos shouldn't be bale to last long against Jedi, 1 on 1 in melee range should be a no contest. however add several Mandos, add other factors like fire power from ships, or somehow being able to weaken the Jedi - then you can make it more believable better for a one on one or even kill, at least in the universes context/set up.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Not even trolling. RJ is a good director, the ST was managed poorly and JJ did an arguably worse job than he did. TLJ has a ton of faults but it did try to move the franchise forward and carve out an identity for it. And as far as we know RJ is still tied to a SW project. Under an actual plan, RJ would do fine.

Let's not forget Fav and Filoni haven't put out duds. Early MCU was a hot mess, which Fav was a part of. Filoni put out the one SW since Disney's acquisition that everyone agrees to forget, Resistance. RJ would do just fine if there's a larger narrative in play.
    Resistance isn't agreed to be forgotten on, the series is actually good once you get into it. The Problem with Resistance is for some reason they went an extremely kiddy root in the beginning, but when they are dealing with the Dozas (Torra and her father) or Tam's entire arc at the end of season 1 through season 2, they add a lot to the world and universe.

I think Filoni had his hands tied with that series because they appeared to have wanted it to be an entry point for the series for younger viewers (even younger than what Rebels and Clone Wars was designed for).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Mandalorian season 3 confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba IS Mandalorian S03. There wont be 2 show at the same time if D+ could milk them one by one. Also Pedro Pascal was officially reduced to voice actor after S02
    Mandalorian s03 starts at end of December, plenty of time if Boba Fett is 4 episodes mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    I think it's fine for them to.. normal people can be great at melee.
    No one disputes that.

There was no need for melee because they still SHOT them, they didn't take them down with melee - they kicked and punched and then SHOT them.
    It was pure showing off for VIEWERS. No one else was there tapping them on the head for being cool like Mr. Wick.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

Din Djarin is without a ship...his got blown up, Slave1 is gone with Boba, will he take possession of the imp Lambda shuttle? He promised the light cruiser to Bo-Katan, nothing else...well, he did say she could have anything she wanted, he only wanted the child, but...he still needs to fly around...

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I respectively disagree with the bold.

I am sorry, I didn't see Ahsoka with Dawson ... It just didn't work for me. Even getting passed the obviously fake head piece, she didn't come across as Ahsoka to me. There was just something off about how she spoke and other minor characteristics that just irk me in ways it is hard for me to describe. She felt like Diet Ahsoka to me. And added even kind of looking back, the only reason that episode had to exist was so Din could get the spear. Literally it was go to Ahsoka, and she tells him to go to Tython ... you could have cut out the middleman there somehow.

When I see Dawson as Ahsoka ... I see an actor playing a role. When I watch the Original Trilogy, I don't see Alec Guinness playing Obi Wan, I see Obi Wan, same with Patrick Stewart and Harrison Ford. I don't see the actor, I see the character. Dawson wasn't terrible, but she was far from "perfect." She may have worked for you, but she didn't work for everyone ... if you can show the same number of people who were disappointed with Patrick Stewart, Alec Guinness or Harrison Ford in their respective roles, I'll admit I am wrong.
    I had the same feelings at first but it changed throughout the episode - after the battle, she was the perfect Ahsoka. I think that was intentional. There was distrust, she was careful and didn't want to open her heart towards Din. By the end of the episode, when they meet by the gate and by the ship's ramp, she is 100% the Ahsoka we know and love, with the intelligent spart in the eye and playful body language. I see that as good acting, not a bad choice of casting.

The same thing I felt with Yennefer in the Witcher series - I am a huge fan of the books, I come from a country where the books were a huge deal decades before the games so I had a very clear idea of Yennefer, which was only reinforced by her perfect portrayal in the final game. Then the series came and Yennefer was nothing like I imagined - she was whiny, sad-looking, not confident, no smug face... but it turned out she actually had to aquire those traits yet, and the actress showed it. I'm sure she'll be the perfect Yen in season 2 and onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Din Djarin is without a ship...his got blown up, Slave1 is gone with Boba, will he take possession of the imp Lambda shuttle? He promised the light cruiser to Bo-Katan, nothing else...well, he did say she could have anything she wanted, he only wanted the child, but...he still needs to fly around...
    He promised her to consider helping her reclaiming Mandalore. Now that he has nothing to do, no ship to find something to do, lots of free time, and the Darksaber he can't give away that makes him the rightful claimant to the Mandalore's throne - he can reshape the Mandalore in The Right Way, which is This - until Bo finds strength in herself to defeat him. Which she won't until he's old enough to just pass away.

Hot take

No thanks. Keep Rian as far as possible from Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    He promised her to consider helping her reclaiming Mandalore. Now that he has nothing to do, no ship to find something to do, lots of free time, and the Darksaber he can't give away that makes him the rightful claimant to the Mandalore's throne - he can reshape the Mandalore in The Right Way, which is This - until Bo finds strength in herself to defeat him. Which she won't until he's old enough to just pass away.
    Din n Boba got possession of the Lambda shuttle before meeting with Bo-Katan, so I'm guessing she won't claim it...also I doubt he will try to be king, and Mandalore society, well, while they'll be thankful they'll probably will pay more attention to Bo-Katan n not want to join one of her underlings 'the watch' cult, but...he is no longer part of them since he has taken his helmet off several times, they might even go after him once they figure out it's safe to scurry out of their holes now with Gideon & co taken down.
    What does Din got to offer Mandalore? He doesn't even know what he is anymore...

I didn't mind so much 'girl power' this episode, cuz it didn't get annoying...
    still, where was this guy, Axe Woves (sounds like deodorant..), mysteriously missing?..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-12-20 at 05:04 PM.