The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    I think it's fine for them to.. normal people can be great at melee.
    No one disputes that.

There was no need for melee because they still SHOT them, they didn't take them down with melee - they kicked and punched and then SHOT them.
    It was pure showing off for VIEWERS. No one else was there tapping them on the head for being cool like Mr. Wick.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    Din Djarin is without a ship...his got blown up, Slave1 is gone with Boba, will he take possession of the imp Lambda shuttle? He promised the light cruiser to Bo-Katan, nothing else...well, he did say she could have anything she wanted, he only wanted the child, but...he still needs to fly around...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Din Djarin is without a ship...his got blown up, Slave1 is gone with Boba, will he take possession of the imp Lambda shuttle? He promised the light cruiser to Bo-Katan, nothing else...well, he did say she could have anything she wanted, he only wanted the child, but...he still needs to fly around...
    He promised her to consider helping her reclaiming Mandalore. Now that he has nothing to do, no ship to find something to do, lots of free time, and the Darksaber he can't give away that makes him the rightful claimant to the Mandalore's throne - he can reshape the Mandalore in The Right Way, which is This - until Bo finds strength in herself to defeat him. Which she won't until he's old enough to just pass away.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hot take

Now that the Obi and Fett movies have been turned into mini-series, I hope they turn finish that Solo story they alluded to with a mini-series...and I would hope they give it to Rian Johnson.
    No thanks. Keep Rian as far as possible from Star Wars.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    He promised her to consider helping her reclaiming Mandalore. Now that he has nothing to do, no ship to find something to do, lots of free time, and the Darksaber he can't give away that makes him the rightful claimant to the Mandalore's throne - he can reshape the Mandalore in The Right Way, which is This - until Bo finds strength in herself to defeat him. Which she won't until he's old enough to just pass away.
    Din n Boba got possession of the Lambda shuttle before meeting with Bo-Katan, so I'm guessing she won't claim it...also I doubt he will try to be king, and Mandalore society, well, while they'll be thankful they'll probably will pay more attention to Bo-Katan n not want to join one of her underlings 'the watch' cult, but...he is no longer part of them since he has taken his helmet off several times, they might even go after him once they figure out it's safe to scurry out of their holes now with Gideon & co taken down.
    What does Din got to offer Mandalore? He doesn't even know what he is anymore...

I didn't mind so much 'girl power' this episode, cuz it didn't get annoying...
    still, where was this guy, Axe Woves (sounds like deodorant..), mysteriously missing?..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-12-20 at 05:04 PM.

Din n Boba got possession of the Lambda shuttle before meeting with Bo-Katan, so I'm guessing she won't claim it...also I doubt he will try to be king, and Mandalore society, well, while they'll be thankful they'll probably will pay more attention to Bo-Katan n not want to join one of her underlings 'the watch' cult, but...he is no longer part of them since he has taken his helmet off several times, they might even go after him once they figure out it's safe to scurry out of their holes now with Gideon & co taken down.
    What does Din got to offer Mandalore? He doesn't even know what he is anymore...
    I'm not so sure. The show is teaching him wisdom and compassion, these are good traits for a fictional king to have. Maybe you never played the kotor games but mercenary --> mandalore is an established path. Who knows what they'll do but I can think of worse arcs for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I think one of the strengths of Mandalorian is its casting of older characters with gravitas.
    Don't get me wrong, the casting has been great, it's just the characters themselves (and the storylines attached to them) just eclipse the protagonist in significance and I am not sure I like that as the direction of this specific series. That's all I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    How can you tell? Maybe he did, but Mando just expertly put his beskar in the way.

In any event: this is movie choreography, not actual fighting. There's a long-standing history of stage fights being basically weapons smashing into each other rather than fighting like you would when trying to ACTUALLY kill someone. Most "real" fighting styles look nothing like they are portrayed on screen. There's a good analysis of sword fighting techniques for lightsabers somewhere on YT (can't remember where exactly) that basically says it would/should look nothing like it does in SW because that's not how you'd fight with a weapon like that.

What matters on the screen isn't that it's REAL, but that it LOOKS GOOD. Sometimes the two can overlap, but a lot of the time it'd actually look a little goofy to our eyes if they were using moves designed for efficiency rather than flourish.
    You're thinking of Shadversity. He did a pretty good breakdown on how a person would use a lightsaber more like a foil or rapier than a broadsword with big sweeps. And I get that part of it.

What shook me was that it seemed so very out of character for Gideon. Granted, he's a commander and planner and strategist. But he seemed to know everything else with such detail...it was strange and out of character for him to not know that detail.

Oh well. Chalk it up as what you said: Made to look good rather than make sense. I mean...it's a universe with space wizards after all, so I shouldn't put too much into it.

- - - Updated - - -

it's ok for Jedi to do the Jedi stuff

it's not ok for those 4 to basically show off their melee skills against stormtroopers they SHOT anyway. If they just took them down in melee - OK, if they just shot them - OK - Melee and then shoot - not ok. No logic. Just show-offs.
    Melee takedowns don't generally kill. Punches and kicks don't usually either, even with Durasteel or Beskar armor. 2 the head, 1 to the chest does.

Call it bad choreography then. Or believe what you want. Like I said, I just didn't get that vibe from it at all. But that's just my opinion. Yours could be right. Who knows except the director and the actors?

still, where was this guy, Axe Woves (sounds like deodorant..), mysteriously missing?..
    Don't see anything on his twitter or facebook. Maybe he just had the one episode appearance contracted, or the director didn't feel like another body fit the scenes. He'll probably show up later on again, I'd wager.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Likely on the ship they stole during The Heiress. You know, making sure no one steals it back.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Likely on the ship they stole during The Heiress. You know, making sure no one steals it back.
    Others can do that, Bo-Katan said on the com aboard the ship when they were raiding it

"Thanks for packing up all this gear so nicely. Imagine what a division of us can do when we get our hands on what's inside these shiny little boxes."

Division (military) - Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org › wiki › Division_(military)
    A division is a large military unit or formation, usually consisting of between 10,000 and 25,000 soldiers.
    that's a lot of Mandos

But, probably only a small fraction has beskar armor?..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-12-20 at 05:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Others can do that, Bo-Katan said on the com aboard the ship when they were raiding it

"Thanks for packing up all this gear so nicely. Imagine what a division of us can do when we get our hands on what's inside these shiny little boxes."

that's a lot of Mandos

But, probably only a small fraction has beskar armor?..
    Yes, others could do that.
    I am just saying where he likely could be.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

No one disputes that.

There was no need for melee because they still SHOT them, they didn't take them down with melee - they kicked and punched and then SHOT them.
    It was pure showing off for VIEWERS. No one else was there tapping them on the head for being cool like Mr. Wick.
    Fair enough point... it's one of the more annoying things of western entertainment - easily over dramatic - I guess they wanted us to feel that they're badass.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    TLJ has a ton of faults but it did try to move the franchise forward and carve out an identity for it.
    TLJ doubled down on the worst parts of TFA and brought nothing new to the table. How exactly did it try and move the franchise forward?

I really enjoyed the season finale. I loved that the show let us finally see what people wanted from the DT, Jedi Master Luke in his prime. And they managed to do it without him overshadowing the main characters and making it all about him. Mando now has no ship, no Grogu and no desire to lead/rebuild Mandalor so I wonder what direction they will be taking season 3.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2020-12-20 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Melee takedowns don't generally kill. Punches and kicks don't usually either, even with Durasteel or Beskar armor. 2 the head, 1 to the chest does.
    In movies melee takedowns - incapacitate. They don't in real life but that's not the point.
    The point is - there was no need for melee. I'm not complaining about the SHOTS, I'm talking about the melee that preceded the SHOTS. Since you say melee takedowns are useless to takedown anyone - you agree they were unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Call it bad choreography then. Or believe what you want. Like I said, I just didn't get that vibe from it at all. But that's just my opinion. Yours could be right. Who knows except the director and the actors?
    The choreography was good. Just pointless. There can be no doubt it was made to make them look badass. No other reason. It's a TV show and they are hero[in]es. Din was pummelled into the wall by a single fucking droid. That was to show how dangerous the droid is, and how cool the beskar is, and how poor the material of the walls is. And then he defeated that droid by being smart. While the girl power team was having fun with stormtroopers. I can't call it anything else - they were having fun. Such badassettes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Mandalorian season 3 confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba IS Mandalorian S03. There wont be 2 show at the same time if D+ could milk them one by one. Also Pedro Pascal was officially reduced to voice actor after S02
    It isn't the same show. They have different production schedules which wouldn't exist if they were the same exact show.

https://twitter.com/PaulRMQ/status/1340013710518214657

An artist/worker affiliated with Lucas arts stated they are different and there has been rumors for a while of a Boba Fett spin off. Now that Season 2 is over with we can obviously see why they may have been keeping it a secret.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-12-20 at 10:33 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I loved that the show let us finally see what people wanted from the DT, Jedi Master Luke in his prime. And they managed to do it without him overshadowing the main characters and making it all about him.
    The climax of the episode was 5 minutes of all the characters staring at monitors while Luke strolled in and destroyed two dozen droids that Mando could barely handle 1v1. I don't know what "overshadowing" means if that's not it.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-12-20 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm curious if S3 will have a big timeskip now. I can't see the series without Grogu, and the only way I realistically see Grogu and Din reunited is if Din somehow saves him from Kylo's destruction of the Jedi Temple, which should be more than 20 years away if I'm getting the timing right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Mandalorian season 3 confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba IS Mandalorian S03. There wont be 2 show at the same time if D+ could milk them one by one. Also Pedro Pascal was officially reduced to voice actor after S02
    Officially, huh? I haven't found a single "official" source for this. It's all rumors by the same guy whose been coming up with bullshit rumors and "leaks" to drum up clicks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It isn't the same show. They have different production schedules which wouldn't exist if they were the same exact show.

https://twitter.com/PaulRMQ/status/1340013710518214657

An artist/worker affiliated with Lucas arts stated they are different and there has been rumors for a while of a Boba Fett spin off. Now that Season 2 is over with we can obviously see why they may have been keeping it a secret.
    I really don't understand the obsession people have with making the show a dumpster fire of personal drama. It's so weird.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Watching the final episode of this season god damn was amazing. Jon, Dave and rest of the story writers know how to make a series. Also know how to make people tear up.