Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I thought s3 was December of this year. Unless it's been pushed?

Also, the Book of Boba Fett (teased in an after credits scene) had a hard date of December 2021 as well, which is a standalone series.
    gonna be honest, by mostly watching the movies, i always though Boba Fett was a stupid character with a retarded name(on my language at least is goofy as f) and i never understood how he was so hyped by people.

The serie made me change 180° perspective. on him and im rly excited for his own series

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Finally watched this. Pretty cool series, I never get tired of Grogu getting into trouble, and that last scene with Skywalker was badass.

I just looked for season 3 and I found out it's not even coming out this year. Lame!
    I don't think they ever said Season 3 isn't dropping this year. What we got from Disney is that Season 3 has always been slotted for 2021 and they said the Boba Fett thing definitely wasn't season 3 and has its own date. I don't think they'll end up showing both at the same time but it seems like they do plan two (they are flexible with their dates).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

A bit offtopic, but The Bad Batch did add some new lore now
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I thought s3 was December of this year. Unless it's been pushed?

Also, the Book of Boba Fett (teased in an after credits scene) had a hard date of December 2021 as well, which is a standalone series.
    I think s3 is scheduled for after the Book of Boba. So early 2022.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't think they ever said Season 3 isn't dropping this year. What we got from Disney is that Season 3 has always been slotted for 2021 and they said the Boba Fett thing definitely wasn't season 3 and has its own date. I don't think they'll end up showing both at the same time but it seems like they do plan two (they are flexible with their dates).
    The only concrete statement is that it wouldn’t start production until Book of Boba wraps. Which would at least kinda indicate it’ll drop after. Like how the Marvel series aren’t overlapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think s3 is scheduled for after the Book of Boba. So early 2022.
    Not if book of boba is short, starts lets say dec 1, and Mando s3 starts dec 31st, then it's still 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Not if book of boba is short, starts lets say dec 1, and Mando s3 starts dec 31st, then it's still 2021
    It’d have to be exceedingly short then, 4 episodes starting the 3rd and ending the 24th. Somehow I doubt it’ll be less than 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’d have to be exceedingly short then, 4 episodes starting the 3rd and ending the 24th. Somehow I doubt it’ll be less than 6.
    well, rumor has it it's 4 episodes, but if so, we don't know how long they will be, might be very long episodes to make up..

As usual, I'm late to the party, and this is less a review and more a ramble of the two seasons I binged.
    Indulge me please.
    I knew very little beyond baby Yoda," aka, " Grogu." (rumor says this is Gungan meaning "little shit." Obviously this is vicious slander from a particular pissy Gungan who feels upstaged.)
    Heck, had I known the series was Jon Favreau's baby I might have had higher expectations. As it was, what with all the shit that followed in the years after RotJ, I had none.
    The whole of this seemed to me an immense love letter to the fanbase. This touched on everything that most, if not all, really liked, ending surprisingly with the one person that we all knew that could protect and train the child. (And perhaps just as important, the intimidation factor that a bounty hunter would feel of facing someone that went toe-to-toe with the dreaded Dart Vader)
    Easy to our hero seeing himself in Grogu... We see and like that crack in the beskar armor. What began as two orphans...one who couldn't reveal his face to anyone, ended with a son touching his father's face...bared for all to see.
    Of course the series sets the stage for sooo much more.
    But I'm certain we haven't seen the last of our little boy. Even if for a cameo over a vid-feed to say "Hi papa!"

I can't wait for season 3. Still annoyed over the implication that Grogu is doomed to die at the hands of Kylo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I can't wait for season 3. Still annoyed over the implication that Grogu is doomed to die at the hands of Kylo.
    Have doubts about that.
    Just a hunch really. I need to believe that Disney isn't so tone deaf to realize that the last trilogy isn't well accepted at all. I mean at this point they could make a Mandalorian movie, and if Grogu makes an appearance then they have a hit...assuming Jon Favreau remains firmly at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Have doubts about that.
    I mean based on what we know if Grogu stays with Luke then he has to die at the temple, otherwise Luke isn't "The Last Jedi". The only other possibility is to have Grogu leave the temple prior to being trained and join back up with Mando but that would completely undo the main storyline of season 2. The way Favreau wrote things either an already existing narrative gets undone or Grogu dies.

I mean based on what we know if Grogu stays with Luke then he has to die at the temple, otherwise Luke isn't "The Last Jedi". The only other possibility is to have Grogu leave the temple prior to being trained and join back up with Mando but that would completely undo the main storyline of season 2. The way Favreau wrote things either an already existing narrative gets undone or Grogu dies.
    Grogu escaped one slaughter by a Skywalker. Part of me suspects he escaped another. We may not get the answer for a long time though.

I had similar thoughts. But...there was a lot of...stuff inserted in the last episodes. They make the last three movies irellevant to me. That's why I'm thinking Disney isn't tone deaf to the criticism.

The easy thing to do is just completely retcon the new trilogy and throw into the dumpster since it was garbage and the idea of luke doing that is also garbage anyway..

Second one is simple make him be elsewhere at the time, we know it will take a good bunch of years before the incident. Maybe there was more Jedi helping luke to train, maybe they send Grogu and another jedi to another world for training, even to discover more about his race/yoda.

There are more possibilities than just those two. A lot of time passes, they could complete a Jedi training storyline and still end up with him somewhere else by the time Kylo goes nuts. Or by the time Disney catches back up they could decide to just kick those films in the trash. It's likely to be a long time before they have to make any kind of call. My guess is that they'll keep their options open for a while and see where the sequels settle in the fandom.

Jedi is only a title. Remember we thought all the Jedi were dead with order 66 but any time the story need it a force user has been discovered (or created) to ignore that purge. Just like Ashoka in the show says she is no longer a Jedi and won't train Grogu. It really seems like a semantics issue though and Luke never was the last Jedi since Leia was technically one and helped train Rey.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Jedi is only a title. Remember we thought all the Jedi were dead with order 66 but any time the story need it a force user has been discovered (or created) to ignore that purge. Just like Ashoka in the show says she is no longer a Jedi and won't train Grogu. It really seems like a semantics issue though and Luke never was the last Jedi since Leia was technically one and helped train Rey.
    Also, "Jedi" is a pretty specific term. I'd argue the "Last Jedi" that's being referred to in TLJ is Luke, not Rey, who rejected Luke's training and started forging her own path. The Jedi are not "all the good Force-users", as should be made clear by Ahsoka, who's pretty canonically their ethical superior; she abandoned the Jedi because the Jedi were ideologically corrupt.

Leia was not ever Jedi. She had Force training from Luke, which is not the same thing. The Jedi are just a single (large) monastic order, one who admittedly genocide the fuck out of most non-Jedi Force users (the exceptions generally being those who can resist them with strength, or who can evade their pursuit, and the former are mostly Legends/EU stuff that's not canon anyway). There are plenty of other paths to the Force than just Jedi or Sith. Even if we just want to stick to canon, there's the Witches of Dathomir. They're mostly presented as evil in the Clone Wars, admittedly, but the character Merrin in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order calls that into a lot of question.

To become Jedi, you've gotta go through the rituals and all that. It's not just about using the Force and not being a baddie.

The word "Jedi" to me reflected a belief system that eventually became a purity test. And that, to me, is when a belief system becomes corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Leia was not ever Jedi.
    Nope. She was a jedi. She stopped training as one when she became pregnant because she had a vision that if she completed her Jedi training her unborn child would die. Up until that point she was her brothers apprentice and a fast study. She also trained Rey in the Jedi arts. For all intent and purposes Leia was a Jedi just not a high ranking or "full one" because she stopped training.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Nope. She was a jedi. She stopped training as one when she became pregnant because she had a vision that if she completed her Jedi training her unborn child would die. Up until that point she was her brothers apprentice and a fast study. She also trained Rey in the Jedi arts. For all intent and purposes Leia was a Jedi just not a high ranking or "full one" because she stopped training.
    The Jedi did not exist at that point.

Unless she went through full Padawan progression and initiation, she was not a Jedi. And there's no indication that happened. Just that Luke trained her in the ways of the Force. Totally different things.