5+ Year Old Account
    If the armorer is rook kast, then that would explain her fundamentalism, follow the rules no matter what, why she blindly followed maul even though he didn't care about mandalorians. She does have all those spikes on her helmet, if she is rook n admits it, everyone will know that she's really just a crazy person n has no clue what's best for mandalore...

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Can someone explain to me why content creators shouldn't assume consumers are caught up with the story if the consumer wants to enjoy the latest content?

Should writers be placed in a box where they must assume people aren't familiar with the story no matter where the story might fall on a continuous timeline?
    Not really about should, it is about what is. The audience makes the decision about what is and isn't acceptable.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

So we had this image for more than half a year now. I guess this should have tipped us off that Grogu wasn't going to pick Yoda's saber, but I'm wondering what the continued link to Luke will be now that he officially chose not to follow the path of the Jedi.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Jedi must craft his own lightsaber. It's a part of the trials.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    A Jedi must craft his own lightsaber. It's a part of the trials.
    But he's chosen not to be a Jedi, that's what I'm pointing out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So we had this image for more than half a year now. I guess this should have tipped us off that Grogu wasn't going to pick Yoda's saber, but I'm wondering what the continued link to Luke will be now that he officially chose not to follow the path of the Jedi.
    We don't know enough to call it "official" in my opinion. Remember in the Book episode R2-D2 chirped something about needing to hurry up and get back. I forget what the exact translation was but it seemed to imply that Grogu didn't end his training only took a side trip even though he races off with Din at the end. The whole choice was a strange one because it was "Attachment to Din or Attachment to the past (yoda)". So I think it wasn't really a hard choice but more about finding what will drive you since Luke was trained with some attachment to his father and that connection helped Vader to kill Palpatine. So it being a training ending choice was just stupid.

It might be a way to set up the failure of Luke's academy because of such conflicts and a way to have Grogu be trained by Ashoka or a non-jedi force user. Or it could simply be a basic reason for Grogu to appear on the show again without any real ramifications to the story.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    But he's chosen not to be a Jedi, that's what I'm pointing out.
    The picture shows him in the process of it

And he really just chose the chainmail to go see Din. That doesn't mean he didn't want to be a Jedi later.

Also, the crystal is Yellow.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2022-02-11 at 06:16 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    We don't know enough to call it "official" in my opinion. Remember in the Book episode R2-D2 chirped something about needing to hurry up and get back. I forget what the exact translation was but it seemed to imply that Grogu didn't end his training only took a side trip even though he races off with Din at the end. The whole choice was a strange one because it was "Attachment to Din or Attachment to the past (yoda)". So I think it wasn't really a hard choice but more about finding what will drive you since Luke was trained with some attachment to his father and that connection helped Vader to kill Palpatine. So it being a training ending choice was just stupid.

It might be a way to set up the failure of Luke's academy because of such conflicts and a way to have Grogu be trained by Ashoka or a non-jedi force user. Or it could simply be a basic reason for Grogu to appear on the show again without any real ramifications to the story.
    He was given a choice, and we saw he chose the chainmail. I don't know how that implies he's somehow still continuing his training.

- - - Updated - - -

The picture shows him in the process of it

And he really just chose the chainmail to go see Din. That doesn't mean he didn't want to be a Jedi later.

Also, the crystal is Yellow.
    Pretty sure that's the implication here. Attachments make it difficult for him to be trained. I don't see him ending up in the N1 starfighter with Din implies he's still continuing his Jedi training.

But again, those are the questions I'm asking since the show has set up what seems to be an ultimatum, explained by not just one, but two characters. If it wasn't an ultimatum and just a 'choose this to go see him and come back' thing, then they should have been unambiguous about it and just let him choose to see Din when he was already there rather than sending Din away and then sending R2 and his Xwing to go find him after.

15+ Year Old Account
    He was given a choice, and we saw he chose the chainmail. I don't know how that implies he's somehow still continuing his training.
    Because we don't know how Luke responded to that choice. Like I said R2 implied Grogu was going back and he was briefly visiting Din. The phrase only sith deal in absolutes seems very apt here. We don't know all the information to definitively say what happened after Grogu made the choice we saw. Maybe he choose the Lightsaber and was given the chain mail and allowed to take a small vacation?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that's the implication here. Attachments make it difficult for him to be trained. I don't see him ending up in the N1 starfighter with Din implies he's still continuing his Jedi training.
    Like you know where Din's taking him. Maybe he takes him back to Luke, and they get in trouble, and here you go Season 3.

Because we don't know how Luke responded to that choice. Like I said R2 implied Grogu was going back and he was briefly visiting Din. The phrase only sith deal in absolutes seems very apt here. We don't know all the information to definitively say what happened after Grogu made the choice we saw. Maybe he choose the Lightsaber and was given the chain mail and allowed to take a small vacation?
    Er, no one is dealing in absolutes here.

We're talking about the story in the way the writers chose to present it. If they set up an ultimatum, then that's what we're talking about.

I don't buy into the 'small vacation' because it implies a lot of things that weren't stated to the audience. Why tell the audience there is an exclusive choice between taking the path of the Mandalorian and taking the path of the Jedi so clearly, only to assume that there will be bait and switching later on to 'Luke made a deal that you guys didn't hear about that lets Grogu be both'? That'd be bullshit story telling.

I'm not the one who set up absolutes here. It's the writers who have, so that's the context of discussion here of what the significance of that S3 teaser poster will be in the future. Reasonably speaking, based on what we've seen with Grogu's decisions, he will not be a Jedi. He has chosen not to take the path that Luke set out for him. That's what's been explained and heavily implied in Book of Boba Fett, not a 'small vacation'.

We have precedent for someone being both Jedi AND Mandalorian after all

All hail Mandalore the Green!

Like you know where Din's taking him. Maybe he takes him back to Luke, and they get in trouble, and here you go Season 3.
    Doubtful. Story doesn't make sense being set up that way. I can't imagine them starting S3 with Din going back to Luke again. It's very clunky storytelling if that's actually what ends up happening. Way too much flip-flopping.

S2 was all about Din sending Grogu away to a Jedi. BoBF has Grogu choosing not to go through with training, and going back to Mando. S3 starts, and they're going back to Jedi training again? There'd be no point in having Grogu make any choice at all himself if the story is gonna circle around to Din trying to get him trained as a Jedi all the time, all while tempting him away with foundling stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    We're talking about the story in the way the writers chose to present it. If they set up an ultimatum, then that's what we're talking about.
    Right. They set up the question to Grogu but we haven't seen the response from Luke and like I said the show does have R2 indicate they were in a hurry. So maybe Grogu/Luke had a vision and set out to prevent something? The show presents nothing about the context of the choice. It only presents that they had a purpose and R2-D2 was in a hurry. It could even be a trap set up to lure Grogu just like Luke was lured to Bespin which could perfectly set up the Season 3 villain.

You are using the show to support your claim while also ignoring the show when it doesn't support your claim. You are most definitely the one who set up an absolute. Because you are saying only your interpretation and cherry picking of what the show presented is the only option.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-02-11 at 08:27 PM.

Right. They set up the question to Grogu but we haven't seen the response from Luke and like I said the show does have R2 indicate they were in a hurry. So maybe Grogu/Luke had a vision and set out to prevent something? The show presents nothing about the context of the choice. It only presents that they had a purpose and R2-D2 was in a hurry. It could even be a trap set up to lure Grogu just like Luke was lured to Bespin which could perfectly set up the Season 3 villain.

You are using the show to support your claim while also ignoring the show when it doesn't support your claim. You are most definitely the one who set up an absolute. Because you are saying only your interpretation and cherry picking of what the show presented is the only option.
    Are you literally talking about R2 being in a rush to find the Mandalorian and deliver Grogu directly to him?

Cuz I'd say you're drawing a lot of assumptions beyond that if you think it has to do with taking Grogu back with him to Luke, which was never even indicated in that scene.

If it were a note of importance, then they should have directly made reference to it in some way, some form. Like Mando quipping 'We're gonna have to take you back to Luke after this' would have been enough to answer all questions. I don't think that's being set up though, or else they would put some focus on it.

What we know is
    - The story implies attachments must be discarded. We're told by both the Armorer and by Ahsoka.
    - Luke gives Grogu a red pill/blue pill choice. No taking both. This confirms that Luke is somehow abiding the no-attachments condition.
    - Grogu is shown with the chainmail, without the Lightsaber. This implies Grogu made a choice.
    - Grogu is seen flying away with Mando at the end.

I mean story-wise, where do you see your explanation fitting into this?

-R2 is rushing
    Well this happens in one scene, and is implied he's simply in a hurry to find and deliver Grogu to the Mandalorian. There's no follow up to this.
    - There are Jedi who are also Mandalorians
    True, but we're in no position to assume that Luke is open to training someone who is both. Why else give the red pill/blue pill choice if it is that simple?
    - Grogu could have made an off-screen deal with Luke to continue training, since we didn't see him make the choice
    True, but what would we have to draw that conclusion? It's literally baseless speculation, since there is nothing indicating this to be remotely true. There's no hint that Grogu is going back to Luke at all, not even by the end of the series.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-02-11 at 09:04 PM.

Little guy wanted his dad...

Of course the cynic in me thinks we all should have seen this coming anyway. The relationship between the two sold this show more than anything. And having a platform for other prior characters while progressing a new storyline is just icing on the cake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they mentioned how Grogu with his 50 years, had many different masters? he prob have more force training that Luke, he just doesn't remember, prob something related to the incident he was in.

I feel like he doesn't rly need teaching, he is pretty much a jedi already, and they are teasing him to be both jedi and mandalorian, wielding the dark saber and all

15+ Year Old Account
    True, but what would we have to draw that conclusion? It's literally baseless speculation, since there is nothing indicating this to be remotely true. There's no hint that Grogu is going back to Luke at all, not even by the end of the series.
    Your interpretation is just as much speculation as anything else here. That is the point. That we don't know because the show hasn't shown it. All we know is Grogu had a choice presented to him and then ended up on Tatooine. Anything in between is baseless speculation because the show hasn't indicate it either way. Either choice has plausible reasons for Grogu to end up on Tatooine and wearing the mail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    By this logic he’d be able to speak basic fluently. 50 years for a species that lives hundreds isn’t the same as 50 for one that lives 80.
    Since the show says he has had many masters it would reason that he should be able to speak or communicate. The same thing blocking his memory/force could maybe impact his speech. Or he has a disability. Just because a species lives hundreds of years doesn't necessarily mean they develop slower but it is possible. Just strange that he would have so many masters if he couldn't even speak yet.

"He was raised at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Many Masters trained him over the years. At the end of the Clone Wars when the Empire rose to power, he was hidden. Someone took him from the Temple. Then his memory becomes dark. He seemed lost. Alone."
    ―Ahsoka Tano feeling Grogu's thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Didn't they mentioned how Grogu with his 50 years, had many different masters? he prob have more force training that Luke, he just doesn't remember, prob something related to the incident he was in.

I feel like he doesn't rly need teaching, he is pretty much a jedi already, and they are teasing him to be both jedi and mandalorian, wielding the dark saber and all
    Luke implied that Grogu has a decent amount of training but has forgotten/surpressed it.

Gives writers a way to have Grogu pull off force feats without showing him being trained.

Resident Cosplay Progressive