Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seeing the Mandalorians and their creed seriously took me back to my KOTOR days. For fucks sake, make the games canon already. I will watch whatever they throw at me if they do that.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Seeing the Mandalorians and their creed seriously took me back to my KOTOR days. For fucks sake, make the games canon already. I will watch whatever they throw at me if they do that.
    To make KotOR 1 Canon, they would need a canon Revan. (Yes, I know the name Revan has been canonized, but I am talking about the character details).
    To make KotOR 2 Canon, they would need a canon ending to KotOR 1 and a canon Exile.

Legends had Revan be LS Male and the Exile be LS Female (which always bothered me that Revan was LS and male and the Exile was female. I always tended to play KotOR 2 as a LS Male Exile with Revan being DS Female.)
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Bryce Dallas Howard revealed that when she directed ep 4 she didn't get to meet Pedro Pascal at all, because his stuntman played all the scenes in that episode. I wonder how much acting did PP at all in the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    To make KotOR 1 Canon, they would need a canon Revan. (Yes, I know the name Revan has been canonized, but I am talking about the character details).
    To make KotOR 2 Canon, they would need a canon ending to KotOR 1 and a canon Exile.

Legends had Revan be LS Male and the Exile be LS Female (which always bothered me that Revan was LS and male and the Exile was female. I always tended to play KotOR 2 as a LS Male Exile with Revan being DS Female.)
    One can only HOPE they decide to make Revan canon. Ideally with a whole show, or even movies. He's one of the most popular EU characters, along with Thrawn (who, to be honest, also deserves a show). Can you imagine a whole Revan trilogy? I'm looking at you, Keanu Reeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    One can only HOPE they decide to make Revan canon. Ideally with a whole show, or even movies. He's one of the most popular EU characters, along with Thrawn (who, to be honest, also deserves a show). Can you imagine a whole Revan trilogy? I'm looking at you, Keanu Reeves.
    Well, the name is canon. That was confirmed. So that is the first step.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

They would probably also need to address some of the elements of SW:TOR, but I don't think that'll happen. I'd be happy if they ignored KOTOR2 and TOR and just made KOTOR1 canon, but all of it has some good stuff.

Revan as male allows descendants via Bastilla, so that's the best bet.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

You also stated it was "canonized into the live action" which makes zero sense as Clone Wars and Rebels were already canon. Live action isn't a separate canon. How do you canonized something already canon? So asking someone to understand how words work is funny when you have shown a clear lack of that in this very topic.
    <just rubs his temples>

Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    Ok, first things first ou need to calm down.

Secondly you should really go do some reading and investigations about China's propaganda machine - I'd start with the recent unrest in Hong Kong the underlying issues associated with it and those involved with the protests themselves. Specifically the staunchly nationalist Chinese youth groups that are pro-China's position in Hong Kong.

You'll find that by controlling the media, dissemination of information, the education system and historical records that China has completely eradicated local information sources about Tiananmen Square to the point where these youth groups don't even know what it is. That happened a mere 30 years ago now and there's an entire generation who have no knowledge of it.

This isn't strange or unusual, it's reality.
    And yet -- wait for it... wait for it... -- people around the world (aka galaxy) still know about it. Amazing!

Nevermind that everyone and their uncle knew who the Sith were in the last movie. Totally random people at that. But, you know, magic Force wizards are still somehow completely unknown.
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2019-12-29 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    <just rubs his temples>

And yet -- wait for it... wait for it... -- people around the world (aka galaxy) still know about it. Amazing!
    You know, you complain about people who are displaying traits that only you have displayed right? Seriously, you just decide to speak and not listen to whatever anyone says to you. You are right and everyone else is wrong ... again, you used a word that is incorrect. You can't canonize something that's canon. That's like saying you killed an already dead man.

How many people can we say didn't know about the Jedi? 3 ... that's it. All of whom were likely children during the Clone wars. They may have heard the term a few times if that. Han stated not that he didn't know of the Force, he stated he didn't believe in it. Admiral Motti directly calls out Vader for his "sorcerer's ways." Jabba knew of the Jedi.

Cara may have heard of Jedi growing up on Alderaan but that's all we know of her backstory besides being a shock trooper in the Alliance ... any assumptions is just that. She could have been poor, etc ... And keep in mind, when she was growing up Alderaan was doing everything it could to on the surface be in full support of the Empire in order to avoid suspicion. The Mandalorian should have heard of them ... but given that the Mandalorians had everything to believe the Jedi were extinct as well and they are focused on tradition of a warrior's life, how does knowing about a dead enemy serve you in the present? And why would we expect someone who is a Bounty Hunter Guild broker or whatever to know of or even care about the Jedi?

So you argument it makes no sense and pointing to what you think is a real world example that proves your point is beyond pathetic. You are wrong on a level few people can even consider possible.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-12-29 at 10:55 PM.
    –The Sith Code

You know, you complain about people who are displaying traits that only you have displayed right? Seriously, you just decide to speak and not listen to whatever anyone tells you.
    I really couldn't give a single solitary fuck what a pedantic person has to say.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-12-30 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    I really couldn't give a single solitary fuck what a pedantic person has to say.
    So you don't listen to even yourself, got it.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They would probably also need to address some of the elements of SW:TOR, but I don't think that'll happen. I'd be happy if they ignored KOTOR2 and TOR and just made KOTOR1 canon, but all of it has some good stuff.

Revan as male allows descendants via Bastilla, so that's the best bet.
    I can see them erasing a lot of SWTOR but keeping the Republic (Jedi) vs the Empire (Sith) war.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I can see them erasing a lot of SWTOR but keeping the Republic (Jedi) vs the Empire (Sith) war.
    I'd say core-game SW:TOR could be fine, but the expansions... not so much.

That said, if you're telling the KOTOR/Revan story, you don't need to address the other games that come after his story "ends".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Honestly I'm fine if they keep nothing but the broadest ideas of KOTOR/SWTOR. Old Republic on one side, Sith on the other. Lots of bad stuff happening. Revan caught in between, doing one thing, the other thing, and something else entirely. Details are entirely negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Revan is canon. The 3rd Revan Legion in Ep. 9 for what it's worth. Taris is canon as is the destruction of it. The Hammerhead cruisers are canon. The Mandalorian war with the jedi is canon. Malachor is canon. Practically everything from KOTOR is canon in bits and pieces.

Then of course the confirmed KOTOR movies that will canonize everything in one place lol. Can't get much more canon than that. All we need is Keanu to play Revan, and apparently Disney might be working on that.

Last edited by Budong; 2019-12-30 at 12:17 AM.

You know, you complain about people who are displaying traits that only you have displayed right? Seriously, you just decide to speak and not listen to whatever anyone says to you. You are right and everyone else is wrong ... again, you used a word that is incorrect. You can't canonize something that's canon. That's like saying you killed an already dead man.

How many people can we say didn't know about the Jedi? 3 ... that's it. All of whom were likely children during the Clone wars. They may have heard the term a few times if that. Han stated not that he didn't know of the Force, he stated he didn't believe in it. Admiral Motti directly calls out Vader for his "sorcerer's ways." Jabba knew of the Jedi.

Cara may have heard of Jedi growing up on Alderaan but that's all we know of her backstory besides being a shock trooper in the Alliance ... any assumptions is just that. She could have been poor, etc ... And keep in mind, when she was growing up Alderaan was doing everything it could to on the surface be in full support of the Empire in order to avoid suspicion. The Mandalorian should have heard of them ... but given that the Mandalorians had everything to believe the Jedi were extinct as well and they are focused on tradition of a warrior's life, how does knowing about a dead enemy serve you in the present? And why would we expect someone who is a Bounty Hunter Guild broker or whatever to know of or even care about the Jedi?

So you argument it makes no sense and pointing to what you think is a real world example that proves your point is beyond pathetic. You are wrong on a level few people can even consider possible.
    Jabba had dealings with the Jedi. He met several of them, and had their help.

As for Cara, didn't they say she was on Endor? Which would mean she would have met Luke, or at least heard from how the Jedi Luke Skywalker saved the Alliance.

It's weird that Rey, 25 years after the Mandalorian, has heard about the Millenium Falcon and Luke Skywalker, while the Mandalorian, growing up with a wide-travelled group of bounty hunters with a very long tradition, has not.

It doesn't bother me, mind you, but it is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Keanu as jedi/sith is something i never realized we needed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post

As for Cara, didn't they say she was on Endor? Which would mean she would have met Luke, or at least heard from how the Jedi Luke Skywalker saved the Alliance.

It's weird that Rey, 25 years after the Mandalorian, has heard about the Millenium Falcon and Luke Skywalker, while the Mandalorian, growing up with a wide-travelled group of bounty hunters with a very long tradition, has not.

tbf, of course Rey would knew everything

i think it make a bit of sense they do not know about it, except the old dude, he should know for sure, Cara was busy fighting for her life, and in her early days i bet the empire banished the jedi/force from the registers

as for mando, the old mandalorians maybe though it didn't matter to explain to then about, since the jedi "were extinct",

but its the plot, they need to follow it

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    -snipped image-
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The bottom right image looks like Alan Rickman from diehard, or even Benedict Cumberbatch.

Alan Rickman (RIP)

Benedict Cumberbatch

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The bottom right image looks like Alan Rickman from diehard, or even Benedict Cumberbatch.
    Jedi Keanu vs his childhood friend Benedict Cumcumbersith, as the new trilogy

both start in the same place but took different destinies, or the sith killed his space dog.

fuck, i dig that

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post

Hearing a title of someone or a reference doesn't mean you understand what it is. If Cara never cared what the word Jedi meant, she wouldn't know it. I am certain there are a lot of words we have all heard at some point in our life that we today would know nothing about.

Well, Rey hearing of the Millenium Falcon while growing up where she did does make some sense ... remember, she knew Han Solo as a Smuggler not a Rebellion General. I agree it is weird that the Mandalorian doesn't know the Jedi, but honestly, we don't know much of what he was taught growing up. And we know the Mandalorians that found him (they had the Death watch logo) did at times remove their helmet.

So we know some of the traditions changed, or perhaps we don't fully understand the helmet thing yet.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    We don't, would snap me out of show/film...you might as well add Arnie...

Now, Clint Eastwood, grumpy Mandalorian, that would be something with mask on at all times ofc
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-30 at 12:57 AM.