Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    We don't, would snap me out of show/film...you might as well add Arnie...

Now, Clint Eastwood, grumpy Mandalorian, that would be something with mask on at all times ofc
    What, no Danny DeVito Mandalorian with near-spherical armor and a tongue that can cut beskar?

Jokes aside, I don't have a problem with KR playing Revan he seems to me to have the right demeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Hearing a title of someone or a reference doesn't mean you understand what it is. If Cara never cared what the word Jedi meant, she wouldn't know it. I am certain there are a lot of words we have all heard at some point in our life that we today would know nothing about.

Well, Rey hearing of the Millenium Falcon while growing up where she did does make some sense ... remember, she knew Han Solo as a Smuggler not a Rebellion General. I agree it is weird that the Mandalorian doesn't know the Jedi, but honestly, we don't know much of what he was taught growing up. And we know the Mandalorians that found him (they had the Death watch logo) did at times remove their helmet.
    Might well be. I'm fine with the explanation 'The Emperor used Propaganda, Violence and Inquisitors to supress any form of knowledge of the Jedi. On the other hand, Fallen Order has Stormtroopers calling you Jedi. It's all over the place.

I didn't mean Rey having the Millenium Falcon, I meant that she knew the Falcon from Legend, aswell as Han Solo, even though she wasn't aware that it was in her posession. Imagine you have an old cup that you've used for ages, and then Jesus of Nazareth shows up and tells you it's actually the Holy Grail. You know what the Grail is, but you didn't know your cup actually was the grail.

Which all underlines the biggest issue with Star Wars: Lack of a supervising writing team or writer how lines out ironclad guidelines as to what is, and what is not, even if it means that they have to contradict a few things that were previously established. It's little things, for the most part. For example, in Rise of Skywalker, Poe Damron acts as if he's seeing flying Stormtroopers for the first time. A few months back he saw them in one of the comic books leading up to Rise of Skywalker. Battlefront 2 tells us Force Awakens and Last Jedi take place within hours of each other at best, one of the Phasma comics depicts her hunting traitors for days. Or the 'never remove the helmet' part, which wasn't 'canon' during the Clone Wars/Rebels.

It's only little things, but it stacks up.

We don't, would snap me out of show/film...you might as well add Arnie...
    why, he have the face of a jedi master

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What, no Danny DeVito Mandalorian with near-spherical armor and a tongue that can cut beskar?

Jokes aside, I don't have a problem with KR playing Revan he seems to me to have the right demeanor.
    The point I'm trying to make, is when I want to see star wars, i go see star wars movie/show, and not actor + star wars...

..otherwise it's like Ed Sheeran in Game of Thrones
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-30 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

well now i want Danny devito as a jedi master too, but thats just me

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Might well be. I'm fine with the explanation 'The Emperor used Propaganda, Violence and Inquisitors to supress any form of knowledge of the Jedi. On the other hand, Fallen Order has Stormtroopers calling you Jedi. It's all over the place.

I didn't mean Rey having the Millenium Falcon, I meant that she knew the Falcon from Legend, aswell as Han Solo, even though she wasn't aware that it was in her posession. Imagine you have an old cup that you've used for ages, and then Jesus of Nazareth shows up and tells you it's actually the Holy Grail. You know what the Grail is, but you didn't know your cup actually was the grail.

Which all underlines the biggest issue with Star Wars: Lack of a supervising writing team or writer how lines out ironclad guidelines as to what is, and what is not, even if it means that they have to contradict a few things that were previously established. It's little things, for the most part. For example, in Rise of Skywalker, Poe Damron acts as if he's seeing flying Stormtroopers for the first time. A few months back he saw them in one of the comic books leading up to Rise of Skywalker. Battlefront 2 tells us Force Awakens and Last Jedi take place within hours of each other at best, one of the Phasma comics depicts her hunting traitors for days. Or the 'never remove the helmet' part, which wasn't 'canon' during the Clone Wars/Rebels.

It's only little things, but it stacks up.
    Well, given that YT-1300 weren't uncommon in canon. Her not knowing this particular one was the Falcon is understandable.

But, yeah, the Helmet thing needs some sort of explanation as we had Mandalorians removing their Helmet all the time in Clone Wars and Rebels.

Also, Poe Dameron was a New Republic Pilot with no knowledge of the Resistance until Leia herself recruited him, but the person we meet in RoS states he left to join the Resistance and he was a Spice Runner. Is it possible that character mistook the New Republic with the Resistance ... I don't know. Disney purposefully threw out the EU to avoid all the plot holes and issues that came with the EU, but now have their own little issues.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

But, yeah, the Helmet thing needs some sort of explanation as we had Mandalorians removing their Helmet all the time in Clone Wars and Rebels.
    I think what we got from show is enough though, they only go out one at a time, they are in hiding from empire/remnants, they don't want to be identifiable too much.

Mandalore alone had a few million citizens, add the other planets in the Mandalorian sector of space n u had a bunch of them, there was no need to keep helmet on back then.

After purge, genocide, things changed.

Well, Rey hearing of the Millenium Falcon while growing up where she did does make some sense ... remember, she knew Han Solo as a Smuggler not a Rebellion General. I agree it is weird that the Mandalorian doesn't know the Jedi, but honestly, we don't know much of what he was taught growing up. And we know the Mandalorians that found him (they had the Death watch logo) did at times remove their helmet.
    In that same scene, Finn says, "Han Solo, the Rebellion General?"
    Rey: "No, the smuggler."
    Finn: "Wasn't he a war hero?"

Finn obviously knows who he is, 30 years later. Presumably he was born after the Battle of Endor, so he learned about it growing up in some random-ass place in the 'verse, or he learned it in the First Order Stormtrooper Corps, which would be weird if the FO was seeking to suppress that knowledge. And it would be weird for them to teach it as history too, unless Kylo had implemented something like that.

But regardless, later in that interaction, it's clear that Rey, who has only ever lived on Jakku as far as she remembers, knows about the Jedi and Luke when she asks Han if it's actually all real.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Revan is canon. The 3rd Revan Legion in Ep. 9 for what it's worth. Taris is canon as is the destruction of it. The Hammerhead cruisers are canon. The Mandalorian war with the jedi is canon. Malachor is canon. Practically everything from KOTOR is canon in bits and pieces.

Then of course the confirmed KOTOR movies that will canonize everything in one place lol. Can't get much more canon than that. All we need is Keanu to play Revan, and apparently Disney might be working on that.

I need this in my life.

Disney. Do it.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    In that same scene, Finn says, "Han Solo, the Rebellion General?"
    Rey: "No, the smuggler."
    Finn: "Wasn't he a war hero?"

Finn obviously knows who he is, 30 years later. Presumably he was born after the Battle of Endor, so he learned about it growing up in some random-ass place in the 'verse, or he learned it in the First Order Stormtrooper Corps, which would be weird if the FO was seeking to suppress that knowledge. And it would be weird for them to teach it as history too, unless Kylo had implemented something like that.

But regardless, later in that interaction, it's clear that Rey, who has only ever lived on Jakku as far as she remembers, knows about the Jedi and Luke when she asks Han if it's actually all real.
    Finn knowing Han Solo was a Rebellion General makes sense. The First Order kept tabs on potential issues, so knowing what Heroes of the Rebellion were still active in the galaxy was one of those. Random unnamed Stormtroopers recognized Poe on site in one book, so it is clear they had some sort of training dealing with potential threats. Also, Kylo had nothing to do with the teaching of the Stormtroopers ... that was Hux and his father before him. Along with Phasma and a few other trainers. Kylo was not among them.

The First Order teaches the Fall of the Empire, in order to teach where the Empire failed. The First Order was not trying to make the same mistakes. Finn calling him a War Hero can be chalked up to wanting to keep his lie cover up ... but all be it, I admit it was weird to here him say that.

Where she lived on Jakku was frequented by spacers who traveled far and wide and is canonly known to have listened to their stories. There is actually a canon novel about the Legends of Luke Skywalker.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-12-30 at 01:45 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I think what we got from show is enough though, they only go out one at a time, they are in hiding from empire/remnants, they don't want to be identifiable too much.

Mandalore alone had a few million citizens, add the other planets in the Mandalorian sector of space n u had a bunch of them, there was no need to keep helmet on back then.

After purge, genocide, things changed.
    Except this has been a rule since he was a boy, before the Empire.

Well, given that YT-1300 weren't uncommon in canon. Her not knowing this particular one was the Falcon is understandable.

Also, Poe Dameron was a New Republic Pilot with no knowledge of the Resistance until Leia herself recruited him, but the person we meet in RoS states he left to join the Resistance and he was a Spice Runner. Is it possible that character mistook the New Republic with the Resistance ... I don't know. Disney purposefully threw out the EU to avoid all the plot holes and issues that came with the EU, but now have their own little issues.
    Technically there was all types of heresy going on with those Mandos on both sides of the fence. You had a group who wee pacifists and a group who weren't. A group that wore the armor and a group that didn't.

It could be that they took off their helmets because they were among other Mandos in their home system. Could be that the creed hadn't been reestablish yet. Could be like real world religions where there are levels or devotion and interpretation. The Mandos in the series are very conservative Mandos where Satine's were New Age.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Except this has been a rule since he was a boy, before the Empire.
    Nope, he had to make a choice whether to become a warrior or a civilian when he became a young adult, after that he always had to keep helmet on.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    well now i want Danny devito as a jedi master too, but thats just me
    My Imperial Agent in SWTOR is inspired by Devito. A scummy Imperial Devito would be dope.

Nope, he had to make a choice whether to become a warrior or a civilian when he became a young adult, after that he always had to keep helmet on.
    No, he literally says in Episode 4 he hasn't taken his helmet off in front of anyone since he was a boy the age of the children playing in the village. Those aren't young adults.

No, he literally says in Episode 4 he hasn't taken his helmet off in front of anyone since he was a boy the age of the children playing in the village. Those aren't young adults.
    There's also a some very small kids running around the Covert in one episode, complete with helmets. It seems to be a choice you make very early - if it's a real choice at all.

In episode 8

After flashback of being rescued by Death Watch, Mandalorians in blue armor
    "When I came of age, I was sworn to the Creed."
    When IG-11 wants to remove helmet
    "I need to remove your helmet if I am to save you."

"Try it and I'll kill you."
    "It is forbidden."
    "No living thing has seen me without my helmet since I swore the Creed."
    While kids can wear a helmet of sorts, to get familiar, they could still remove it I think, he also said that he trained with the rising phoenix a little bit. Now if he chose not to take off his helmet since he was a kid, then that seems to me more of a personal choice rather than the rules.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-30 at 03:10 AM.

Then of course the confirmed KOTOR movies that will canonize everything in one place lol. Can't get much more canon than that.
    Wait what? When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Wait what? When did this happen?
    Lol..it's been known since May. I think this was the first news of it. There's been lots of confirmation during other interviews and such. Some say one off, some say trilogy. No one knows hard details except that it's definitely happening.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...e-old-republic

Lol..it's been known since May. I think this was the first news of it. There's been lots of confirmation during other interviews and such. Some say one off, some say trilogy. No one knows hard details except that it's definitely happening.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...e-old-republic
    Hnnnnnnng!