Page 7 of 225 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Verizon is giving a year free of D+ if you have an unlimited plan

Pretty fantastic. Even though you could see the difference between made-for-TV versus made-for-movie in parts, it was astoundingly faithful to the important bits like tone and the worn-in feeling of the universe.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Or even better, you could wait until the final episode comes out, and then use the 7 day free trial and binge watch the entire show within 7 days for free.
    Yep, and then I wouldn't need to sub again until next year when the new MCU show comes out because all I care about on Disney+ is Mandalorian and the MCU shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decent start. Impressive production value. I guess it's good I can't binge the whole season in a day...?
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Decent start. Impressive production value. I guess it's good I can't binge the whole season in a day...?
    The entire season during the trial period when the platform just launched, better yet people ripping it off the site? Nah, they will make us wait for that

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Only one episode a week? What is this bullcrap?
    They want you to stay subbed for a couple of months.

So just like a traditional TV show except no commercial breaks ?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

@derpkitteh

is it good?

- - - Updated - - -

I actually like staggered releases. Allows the community to discuss and dissect each chapter/episode. I was quite disappointed in the block Netflix releases, as I went online and no one was talking about specific details in each episode, only the season as a whole.

There is a new episode every Friday btw so the next episode is actually on the 15th this Friday.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    There is a new episode every Friday btw so the next episode is actually on the 15th this Friday.
    oh snap that's nice!

5+ Year Old Account
    Liked it, except first few minutes with the local 'tough guys' that were a bit cringy..

Good thing they showed a bunch of Mandalorians, so viewers understand it's a people..

I really liked the first episode. I really liked the more gritty/less fantastical cgi. The cinematography reminded me more of the original trilogy than any other movie to date.

On an unrelated note. Disney has done great with this streaming service. This doesn't apply to the vast majority here, but it streamed for me better than Prime, Netflix, or YouTube on my crappy internet.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    First episode down, hot takes.

First 10 min, skippable. Its just flat. Costume and design throughout are great though. Lots of visual nodes to the OT.
    They don't do much to introduce the Mandalorians to people who haven't been keeping up with lore. I was worried about the lack of armor but it makes sense.
    I've accepted that this episode is basically an extended version of the trailer. The visuals are really on point. Acting and dialogue have gotten better ~halfway through.
    Something feels off though? What is it? Oh its written exactly like a cartoon/comic book. I'm suddenly enjoying this a lot more. Not sure what to think about the last scene but interesting.
    Considering the guy at the helm is the same one who directed several Marvel movies, I don't think that last point should be in any way surprising.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    @derpkitteh

is it good?
    i wish i could watch it, but i'm a broke bitch.

i'll have to find a sneaky site to see it on. but it sounds ok so far, and none of the trailers have given me anything to dislike really. well, the seeming romance scene in that second one did, i hate romances. but beyond that, nothing really.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i wish i could watch it, but i'm a broke bitch.

i'll have to find a sneaky site to see it on. but it sounds ok so far, and none of the trailers have given me anything to dislike really. well, the seeming romance scene in that second one did, i hate romances. but beyond that, nothing really.
    At least you have the option of watching it. I have to resort to other means to watch it than paying them. They don't want our money.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    At least you have the option of watching it. I have to resort to other means to watch it than paying them. They don't want our money.
    hey, that's what i gotta do too, since i ain't got the money.

subscription services suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So instead of subbing now couldn't one just sub say, after the final episode is available and just binge watch it that month?
    -snip-

Do not post about illegal streaming services.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2019-11-13 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Good thing they showed a bunch of Mandalorians, so viewers understand it's a people..
    Mandalorians are actually a collective of different species/races
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Mandalorians are actually a collective of different species/races
    actually, is that still how it is in disneywars?

in legends, that's definitely how it is(though the majority are humans like jango), but idk if disney kept that. lucas went full bitchmode with mandalorians in the clone wars(making them peaceful losers that are nothing like true mandalorians), and i wouldn't be surprised if disney kept the trend.

All Mandalorians in cannon have been human. Either from Mandalore itself or from one of their colony worlds, and they make a big deal about clan, family and hereditary values so non-humans do not seem likely to be a part of it.