Wasn't the Purge well after the Empire was forcing the Mandalorians to fight for them? Taking place after their brief independence in Rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Wasn't the Purge well after the Empire was forcing the Mandalorians to fight for them? Taking place after their brief independence in Rebels.
    Yes. It's what gideon referenced. Happened probably around episode 456
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    But Bo-Katan and her ilk were from the Deathwatch initially. Nite Owls.
    Yes, but they were a very small minority of people from Mandalore. They were literal terrorists.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I love how she conveniently omits that fact when she talks about the Watch. "Oh THOSE people, they're all just a bunch of fanatics, pfff!" Mmmmm-hmmmm.
    Well, she calls Din a Child of the Watch and the group Children of the Watch ... it sounds like the Children of the Watch are an even more extreme version of Deathwatch/splinter from Death Watch.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well, she calls Din a Child of the Watch and the group Children of the Watch ... it sounds like the Children of the Watch are an even more extreme version of Deathwatch/splinter from Death Watch.
    Its more likely she implies that Din is a "child" in her eyes; naïve to the ways of Mandalore in the vein she has come to know it. Like a child pretending to be a soldier without understanding the duty it entails.

In either case, she shows that she has moved on beyond Deathwatch's dogmatic approach to governing; I think she ultimately sees deathwatch's methods much like childlike absolutism, an ideology doomed to failure from the start; but doesn't have the time, or desire to waste it, on correcting a single misguided Mandalorian.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Its more likely she implies that Din is a "child" in her eyes; naïve to the ways of Mandalore in the vein she has come to know it. Like a child pretending to be a soldier without understanding the duty it entails.

In either case, she shows that she has moved on beyond Deathwatch's dogmatic approach to governing; I think she ultimately sees deathwatch's methods much like childlike absolutism, an ideology doomed to failure from the start; but doesn't have the time, or desire to waste it, on correcting a single misguided Mandalorian.
    Her line is literally "Children of the Watch are a cult of religious zealots." The group that Din belongs to is referred to as Children of the Watch by Bo Katan. She isn't calling Din a child.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Her line is literally "Children of the Watch are a cult of religious zealots." The group that Din belongs to is referred to as Children of the Watch by Bo Katan. She isn't calling Din a child.
    And I would argue we have no solid evidence that the Children of the Watch is an official group or just an improvised descriptor of Deathwatch, which she would also call a cult of religious zealots.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

And I would argue we have no solid evidence that the Children of the Watch is an official group or just an improvised descriptor of Deathwatch, which she would also call a cult of religious zealots.
    But it doesn't make sense to call a group Children just because the are religious zealots. The group may be the remnants of Death Watch but its clear that they are referring to the collective group as "Children of the Watch" rather then using it as an insult/descriptor of Din or Death Watch.

She also broke away from Death Watch to oppose Darth Maul who was the leader of Death Watch at the time. It has nothing to do with thinking the group's policies to be child like. The ideology wasn't doomed to failure from the start because they met success. And if Bo never split off they likely would have still remained in control. At least until someone else challenged Maul or them.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-11-19 at 12:09 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But it doesn't make sense to call a group Children just because the are religious zealots. The group may be the remnants of Death Watch but its clear that they are referring to the collective group as "Children of the Watch" rather then using it as an insult/descriptor of Din or Death Watch.

She also broke away from Death Watch to oppose Darth Maul who was the leader of Death Watch at the time. It has nothing to do with thinking the group's policies to be child like. The ideology wasn't doomed to failure from the start because they met success. And if Bo never split off they likely would have still remained in control. At least until someone else challenged Maul or them.
    This. I honestly can't see how anyone read that scene any other way
    –The Sith Code

I personally understood the "Children of the Watch" to be a kind of "revival" of the Night Watch, a new name, as the original Night Watch is gone by the time of this series.

Children of the watch are probably foundlings and children of the Death Watch who now have grown up long after the Death Watch has been dismantled.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2020-11-19 at 07:22 PM.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2020 - that's two-zero-two-zero, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Children of the watch are probably foundlings and children of the Night Watch who now have grown up long after the Night Watch has been dismantled.
    This was exactly what I thought. This nonsense everyone else is talking about is strange.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

It sucks that we have to wait a week for Ahsoka, but I’m curious what they gave Carl Weathers to work with this week.

I think trying to say "well the Children of the Watch" are just a splinter group of Death Watch takes aware from it being a still distinct group of Mandalorians. Is Death Watch just a sect of the old pacifists? They clearly aren't the same war loving terrorists that Death Watch were.

Probably the best episode of the series yet.

Looks like Palpatine, Thrawn, or Anakin is coming back as a clone.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Deathwatch never showed any prohibition against removing their helmets, all signs point to them being distinct groups. The Children of the Watch also seem to have very little information on force users, which is inexplicable if they're Deathwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Probably the best episode of the series yet.

Looks like Palpatine, Thrawn, or Anakin is coming back as a clone.
    Those were probably proto-Snokes.

Also, were those Darktroopers at the end?

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Those were probably proto-Snokes.

Also, were those Darktroopers at the end?
    They look more like droids. At least the Arms and Legs are robotic. Their helmet seems to blend elements from Kylo Rens and Vaders Helmet.

As for the things being proto-Snokes, maybe, but I'm not sure if the guys in the vats are clones, rather failed experiments of trying to give (presumably) Force powers to non-Force sensitive humans.

The Hologram of the tech from season 1 said they made a transfusion, and that the subject showed promise for a fortnight, befor the body rejected the blood. They also have a volunteer lined up to be next, so they don't seem to be creating clones.

"M-count"

Oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    They look more like droids. At least the Arms and Legs are robotic. Their helmet seems to blend elements from Kylo Rens and Vaders Helmet.
    Darktroopers are droids.

Left: From episode, Right: Darktrooper phase 1