7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    I really couldn't give a single solitary fuck what a pedantic person has to say.
    So you don't listen to even yourself, got it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    They would probably also need to address some of the elements of SW:TOR, but I don't think that'll happen. I'd be happy if they ignored KOTOR2 and TOR and just made KOTOR1 canon, but all of it has some good stuff.

Revan as male allows descendants via Bastilla, so that's the best bet.
    I can see them erasing a lot of SWTOR but keeping the Republic (Jedi) vs the Empire (Sith) war.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I can see them erasing a lot of SWTOR but keeping the Republic (Jedi) vs the Empire (Sith) war.
    I'd say core-game SW:TOR could be fine, but the expansions... not so much.

That said, if you're telling the KOTOR/Revan story, you don't need to address the other games that come after his story "ends".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Honestly I'm fine if they keep nothing but the broadest ideas of KOTOR/SWTOR. Old Republic on one side, Sith on the other. Lots of bad stuff happening. Revan caught in between, doing one thing, the other thing, and something else entirely. Details are entirely negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Seeing the Mandalorians and their creed seriously took me back to my KOTOR days. For fucks sake, make the games canon already. I will watch whatever they throw at me if they do that.
    Revan is canon. The 3rd Revan Legion in Ep. 9 for what it's worth. Taris is canon as is the destruction of it. The Hammerhead cruisers are canon. The Mandalorian war with the jedi is canon. Malachor is canon. Practically everything from KOTOR is canon in bits and pieces.

Then of course the confirmed KOTOR movies that will canonize everything in one place lol. Can't get much more canon than that. All we need is Keanu to play Revan, and apparently Disney might be working on that.

Last edited by Budong; 2019-12-30 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You know, you complain about people who are displaying traits that only you have displayed right? Seriously, you just decide to speak and not listen to whatever anyone says to you. You are right and everyone else is wrong ... again, you used a word that is incorrect. You can't canonize something that's canon. That's like saying you killed an already dead man.

How many people can we say didn't know about the Jedi? 3 ... that's it. All of whom were likely children during the Clone wars. They may have heard the term a few times if that. Han stated not that he didn't know of the Force, he stated he didn't believe in it. Admiral Motti directly calls out Vader for his "sorcerer's ways." Jabba knew of the Jedi.

Cara may have heard of Jedi growing up on Alderaan but that's all we know of her backstory besides being a shock trooper in the Alliance ... any assumptions is just that. She could have been poor, etc ... And keep in mind, when she was growing up Alderaan was doing everything it could to on the surface be in full support of the Empire in order to avoid suspicion. The Mandalorian should have heard of them ... but given that the Mandalorians had everything to believe the Jedi were extinct as well and they are focused on tradition of a warrior's life, how does knowing about a dead enemy serve you in the present? And why would we expect someone who is a Bounty Hunter Guild broker or whatever to know of or even care about the Jedi?

So you argument it makes no sense and pointing to what you think is a real world example that proves your point is beyond pathetic. You are wrong on a level few people can even consider possible.
    Jabba had dealings with the Jedi. He met several of them, and had their help.

As for Cara, didn't they say she was on Endor? Which would mean she would have met Luke, or at least heard from how the Jedi Luke Skywalker saved the Alliance.

It's weird that Rey, 25 years after the Mandalorian, has heard about the Millenium Falcon and Luke Skywalker, while the Mandalorian, growing up with a wide-travelled group of bounty hunters with a very long tradition, has not.

It doesn't bother me, mind you, but it is weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Keanu as jedi/sith is something i never realized we needed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post

As for Cara, didn't they say she was on Endor? Which would mean she would have met Luke, or at least heard from how the Jedi Luke Skywalker saved the Alliance.

It's weird that Rey, 25 years after the Mandalorian, has heard about the Millenium Falcon and Luke Skywalker, while the Mandalorian, growing up with a wide-travelled group of bounty hunters with a very long tradition, has not.

tbf, of course Rey would knew everything

i think it make a bit of sense they do not know about it, except the old dude, he should know for sure, Cara was busy fighting for her life, and in her early days i bet the empire banished the jedi/force from the registers

as for mando, the old mandalorians maybe though it didn't matter to explain to then about, since the jedi "were extinct",

but its the plot, they need to follow it

-snipped image-
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The bottom right image looks like Alan Rickman from diehard, or even Benedict Cumberbatch.

Alan Rickman (RIP)

Benedict Cumberbatch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The bottom right image looks like Alan Rickman from diehard, or even Benedict Cumberbatch.
    Jedi Keanu vs his childhood friend Benedict Cumcumbersith, as the new trilogy

both start in the same place but took different destinies, or the sith killed his space dog.

fuck, i dig that

7+ Year Old Account

Hearing a title of someone or a reference doesn't mean you understand what it is. If Cara never cared what the word Jedi meant, she wouldn't know it. I am certain there are a lot of words we have all heard at some point in our life that we today would know nothing about.

Well, Rey hearing of the Millenium Falcon while growing up where she did does make some sense ... remember, she knew Han Solo as a Smuggler not a Rebellion General. I agree it is weird that the Mandalorian doesn't know the Jedi, but honestly, we don't know much of what he was taught growing up. And we know the Mandalorians that found him (they had the Death watch logo) did at times remove their helmet.

So we know some of the traditions changed, or perhaps we don't fully understand the helmet thing yet.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    We don't, would snap me out of show/film...you might as well add Arnie...

Now, Clint Eastwood, grumpy Mandalorian, that would be something with mask on at all times ofc
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-30 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Now, Clint Eastwood, grumpy Mandalorian, that would be something with mask on at all times ofc
    What, no Danny DeVito Mandalorian with near-spherical armor and a tongue that can cut beskar?

Jokes aside, I don't have a problem with KR playing Revan he seems to me to have the right demeanor.

Hearing a title of someone or a reference doesn't mean you understand what it is. If Cara never cared what the word Jedi meant, she wouldn't know it. I am certain there are a lot of words we have all heard at some point in our life that we today would know nothing about.

Well, Rey hearing of the Millenium Falcon while growing up where she did does make some sense ... remember, she knew Han Solo as a Smuggler not a Rebellion General. I agree it is weird that the Mandalorian doesn't know the Jedi, but honestly, we don't know much of what he was taught growing up. And we know the Mandalorians that found him (they had the Death watch logo) did at times remove their helmet.
    Might well be. I'm fine with the explanation 'The Emperor used Propaganda, Violence and Inquisitors to supress any form of knowledge of the Jedi. On the other hand, Fallen Order has Stormtroopers calling you Jedi. It's all over the place.

I didn't mean Rey having the Millenium Falcon, I meant that she knew the Falcon from Legend, aswell as Han Solo, even though she wasn't aware that it was in her posession. Imagine you have an old cup that you've used for ages, and then Jesus of Nazareth shows up and tells you it's actually the Holy Grail. You know what the Grail is, but you didn't know your cup actually was the grail.

Which all underlines the biggest issue with Star Wars: Lack of a supervising writing team or writer how lines out ironclad guidelines as to what is, and what is not, even if it means that they have to contradict a few things that were previously established. It's little things, for the most part. For example, in Rise of Skywalker, Poe Damron acts as if he's seeing flying Stormtroopers for the first time. A few months back he saw them in one of the comic books leading up to Rise of Skywalker. Battlefront 2 tells us Force Awakens and Last Jedi take place within hours of each other at best, one of the Phasma comics depicts her hunting traitors for days. Or the 'never remove the helmet' part, which wasn't 'canon' during the Clone Wars/Rebels.

It's only little things, but it stacks up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    why, he have the face of a jedi master

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What, no Danny DeVito Mandalorian with near-spherical armor and a tongue that can cut beskar?

Jokes aside, I don't have a problem with KR playing Revan he seems to me to have the right demeanor.
    The point I'm trying to make, is when I want to see star wars, i go see star wars movie/show, and not actor + star wars...

..otherwise it's like Ed Sheeran in Game of Thrones
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-30 at 01:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

well now i want Danny devito as a jedi master too, but thats just me

7+ Year Old Account
    Might well be. I'm fine with the explanation 'The Emperor used Propaganda, Violence and Inquisitors to supress any form of knowledge of the Jedi. On the other hand, Fallen Order has Stormtroopers calling you Jedi. It's all over the place.

I didn't mean Rey having the Millenium Falcon, I meant that she knew the Falcon from Legend, aswell as Han Solo, even though she wasn't aware that it was in her posession. Imagine you have an old cup that you've used for ages, and then Jesus of Nazareth shows up and tells you it's actually the Holy Grail. You know what the Grail is, but you didn't know your cup actually was the grail.

Which all underlines the biggest issue with Star Wars: Lack of a supervising writing team or writer how lines out ironclad guidelines as to what is, and what is not, even if it means that they have to contradict a few things that were previously established. It's little things, for the most part. For example, in Rise of Skywalker, Poe Damron acts as if he's seeing flying Stormtroopers for the first time. A few months back he saw them in one of the comic books leading up to Rise of Skywalker. Battlefront 2 tells us Force Awakens and Last Jedi take place within hours of each other at best, one of the Phasma comics depicts her hunting traitors for days. Or the 'never remove the helmet' part, which wasn't 'canon' during the Clone Wars/Rebels.

It's only little things, but it stacks up.
    Well, given that YT-1300 weren't uncommon in canon. Her not knowing this particular one was the Falcon is understandable.

But, yeah, the Helmet thing needs some sort of explanation as we had Mandalorians removing their Helmet all the time in Clone Wars and Rebels.

Also, Poe Dameron was a New Republic Pilot with no knowledge of the Resistance until Leia herself recruited him, but the person we meet in RoS states he left to join the Resistance and he was a Spice Runner. Is it possible that character mistook the New Republic with the Resistance ... I don't know. Disney purposefully threw out the EU to avoid all the plot holes and issues that came with the EU, but now have their own little issues.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    But, yeah, the Helmet thing needs some sort of explanation as we had Mandalorians removing their Helmet all the time in Clone Wars and Rebels.
    I think what we got from show is enough though, they only go out one at a time, they are in hiding from empire/remnants, they don't want to be identifiable too much.

Mandalore alone had a few million citizens, add the other planets in the Mandalorian sector of space n u had a bunch of them, there was no need to keep helmet on back then.

After purge, genocide, things changed.

In that same scene, Finn says, "Han Solo, the Rebellion General?"
    Rey: "No, the smuggler."
    Finn: "Wasn't he a war hero?"

Finn obviously knows who he is, 30 years later. Presumably he was born after the Battle of Endor, so he learned about it growing up in some random-ass place in the 'verse, or he learned it in the First Order Stormtrooper Corps, which would be weird if the FO was seeking to suppress that knowledge. And it would be weird for them to teach it as history too, unless Kylo had implemented something like that.

But regardless, later in that interaction, it's clear that Rey, who has only ever lived on Jakku as far as she remembers, knows about the Jedi and Luke when she asks Han if it's actually all real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Revan is canon. The 3rd Revan Legion in Ep. 9 for what it's worth. Taris is canon as is the destruction of it. The Hammerhead cruisers are canon. The Mandalorian war with the jedi is canon. Malachor is canon. Practically everything from KOTOR is canon in bits and pieces.

Then of course the confirmed KOTOR movies that will canonize everything in one place lol. Can't get much more canon than that. All we need is Keanu to play Revan, and apparently Disney might be working on that.

I need this in my life.

Disney. Do it.
    Hi