7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    In that same scene, Finn says, "Han Solo, the Rebellion General?"
    Rey: "No, the smuggler."
    Finn: "Wasn't he a war hero?"

Finn obviously knows who he is, 30 years later. Presumably he was born after the Battle of Endor, so he learned about it growing up in some random-ass place in the 'verse, or he learned it in the First Order Stormtrooper Corps, which would be weird if the FO was seeking to suppress that knowledge. And it would be weird for them to teach it as history too, unless Kylo had implemented something like that.

But regardless, later in that interaction, it's clear that Rey, who has only ever lived on Jakku as far as she remembers, knows about the Jedi and Luke when she asks Han if it's actually all real.
    Finn knowing Han Solo was a Rebellion General makes sense. The First Order kept tabs on potential issues, so knowing what Heroes of the Rebellion were still active in the galaxy was one of those. Random unnamed Stormtroopers recognized Poe on site in one book, so it is clear they had some sort of training dealing with potential threats. Also, Kylo had nothing to do with the teaching of the Stormtroopers ... that was Hux and his father before him. Along with Phasma and a few other trainers. Kylo was not among them.

The First Order teaches the Fall of the Empire, in order to teach where the Empire failed. The First Order was not trying to make the same mistakes. Finn calling him a War Hero can be chalked up to wanting to keep his lie cover up ... but all be it, I admit it was weird to here him say that.

Where she lived on Jakku was frequented by spacers who traveled far and wide and is canonly known to have listened to their stories. There is actually a canon novel about the Legends of Luke Skywalker.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2019-12-30 at 01:45 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I think what we got from show is enough though, they only go out one at a time, they are in hiding from empire/remnants, they don't want to be identifiable too much.

Mandalore alone had a few million citizens, add the other planets in the Mandalorian sector of space n u had a bunch of them, there was no need to keep helmet on back then.

After purge, genocide, things changed.
    Except this has been a rule since he was a boy, before the Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well, given that YT-1300 weren't uncommon in canon. Her not knowing this particular one was the Falcon is understandable.

But, yeah, the Helmet thing needs some sort of explanation as we had Mandalorians removing their Helmet all the time in Clone Wars and Rebels.

Also, Poe Dameron was a New Republic Pilot with no knowledge of the Resistance until Leia herself recruited him, but the person we meet in RoS states he left to join the Resistance and he was a Spice Runner. Is it possible that character mistook the New Republic with the Resistance ... I don't know. Disney purposefully threw out the EU to avoid all the plot holes and issues that came with the EU, but now have their own little issues.
    Technically there was all types of heresy going on with those Mandos on both sides of the fence. You had a group who wee pacifists and a group who weren't. A group that wore the armor and a group that didn't.

It could be that they took off their helmets because they were among other Mandos in their home system. Could be that the creed hadn't been reestablish yet. Could be like real world religions where there are levels or devotion and interpretation. The Mandos in the series are very conservative Mandos where Satine's were New Age.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Except this has been a rule since he was a boy, before the Empire.
    Nope, he had to make a choice whether to become a warrior or a civilian when he became a young adult, after that he always had to keep helmet on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    well now i want Danny devito as a jedi master too, but thats just me
    My Imperial Agent in SWTOR is inspired by Devito. A scummy Imperial Devito would be dope.

Nope, he had to make a choice whether to become a warrior or a civilian when he became a young adult, after that he always had to keep helmet on.
    No, he literally says in Episode 4 he hasn't taken his helmet off in front of anyone since he was a boy the age of the children playing in the village. Those aren't young adults.

No, he literally says in Episode 4 he hasn't taken his helmet off in front of anyone since he was a boy the age of the children playing in the village. Those aren't young adults.
    There's also a some very small kids running around the Covert in one episode, complete with helmets. It seems to be a choice you make very early - if it's a real choice at all.

5+ Year Old Account
    In episode 8

After flashback of being rescued by Death Watch, Mandalorians in blue armor
    "When I came of age, I was sworn to the Creed."
    When IG-11 wants to remove helmet
    "I need to remove your helmet if I am to save you."

"Try it and I'll kill you."
    "It is forbidden."
    "No living thing has seen me without my helmet since I swore the Creed."
    While kids can wear a helmet of sorts, to get familiar, they could still remove it I think, he also said that he trained with the rising phoenix a little bit. Now if he chose not to take off his helmet since he was a kid, then that seems to me more of a personal choice rather than the rules.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-30 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Then of course the confirmed KOTOR movies that will canonize everything in one place lol. Can't get much more canon than that.
    Wait what? When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Wait what? When did this happen?
    Lol..it's been known since May. I think this was the first news of it. There's been lots of confirmation during other interviews and such. Some say one off, some say trilogy. No one knows hard details except that it's definitely happening.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...e-old-republic

Lol..it's been known since May. I think this was the first news of it. There's been lots of confirmation during other interviews and such. Some say one off, some say trilogy. No one knows hard details except that it's definitely happening.

Hnnnnnnng!

The point I'm trying to make, is when I want to see star wars, i go see star wars movie/show, and not actor + star wars...

..otherwise it's like Ed Sheeran in Game of Thrones
    That's true to an extent. I had my misgivings about it. Then two things came to mind. One, the Revan everyone has in their mind is the one they created while playing the game. There is NO actor that will be able to capture that entirely because it only exists in our heads.

Two, Keanu might just be awesome in the role. Not just because he actually looks the part but because he has a quiet charisma that evokes images of the jedi while also having the ability to show great rage which obviously displays characteristics of the Sith. The more I picture the actor in the role, the more I see Revan.

In episode 8

After flashback of being rescued by Death Watch, Mandalorians in blue armor
    Yes, this is the age he became a mandalorian and hasn't removed his helmet since then.
    When IG-11 wants to remove helmet
    When someone "comes of age" varies by culture, it doesn't mean he was a young adult. Since he hasn't removed his helmet since he was a boy the age of the children in episode 4's village this is younger than adulthood.
    While kids can wear a helmet of sorts, to get familiar, they could still remove it I think, he also said that he trained with the rising phoenix a little bit. Now if he chose not to take off his helmet since he was a kid, then that seems to me more of a personal choice rather than the rules.
    That's just headcannon.

5+ Year Old Account
    When someone "comes of age" varies by culture, it doesn't mean he was a young adult.
    'come of age' as a child, sure, in backwards barbarian cultures, that's not what I associate Mandalorians with..

Well, I mean, there's been a lot of rumors for Star Wars movies that didn't pan out, the Obi-Wan movie, the Boba Fett movie. Plus it was D&D's movies that were supposedly set in the Kotor era.

- - - Updated - - -

'come of age' as a child, sure, in backwards barbarian cultures, that's not what I associate Mandalorians with..
    You come of age at 13 in Judaism.

Well, I mean, there's been a lot of rumors for Star Wars movies that didn't pan out, the Obi-Wan movie, the Boba Fett movie. Plus it was D&D's movies that were supposedly set in the Kotor era.
    This wasn't a rumor it was out of Kathleen Kennedy's mouth. The only rumor was about D & D being the ones doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The bottom right image looks like Alan Rickman from diehard, or even Benedict Cumberbatch.
    The artist who created it said it was Keanu so maybe Cumberbatch as Darth Malak?

Actually I think Malak would be perfectly portrayed by Richard Armitage.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Its Us locked, so you kinda have to use VPN.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Why 3 videos and not one? Today one can add many hours to a single video

Don't remember watching "Forces of Destiny" but it looks like information about Tarre Vizsla won't be difficult to find for Din Djarin..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT_p0j7znCk
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-30 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Could you actually for once address my argument? Go strawman elsewhere.

I am saying memories from 30 years ago, can not be trusted ... not that they are false. I am saying faulty memories (not false, they aren't the same word.) plus a outright scrubbing and labeling anything Jedi treasonous has a way of changing a person's view of events. Do you know the difference between faulty and false? I am saying that some memories can be false, but my overall point is memory cannot be trusted on its own.

She could also be in her late twenties for all we know (as the Rebels didn't have qualms using teenagers, and if she was Luke's age, she could be). The woman who plays her isn't even 40 (being 38). So, let's say that's Cara's age. That means she would have been about 10 during The Clone Wars and rise of the Empire at most. The Empire outlawed teaching about the Jedi, outlawed researching the Jedi, does Cara look like she is from a family that had reasonable connections to protect herself?

And Goodbye is still fucking God be with you, period. Just like Farewell is like Fare the well still. It is slang that became a word. The point is that just because something says a word doesn't mean someone understands it connection to everything. Do you understand the source of every idiom you use? The point was "May the Force be with you." People in the Star Wars canon may just view that as another way to say "Good Luck."

So, go ahead, strawman me again, and I am just going to move on with my life. If I want to argue with someone like you who twists words, I'll go argue with a creationist, anti-vaxxer or flat earther.

- - - Updated - - -

Written history is about 6,000 to 10,000 years on Earth, history in the Star Wars LEGENDS universe is 25,000 that we can prove ... multiples you mean 2 to 5 times? The Jedi being even know to the galaxy at large is about that much at best ... so you dealing with 20,000 years giving you the benefit of the doubt (but Obi-wan says 1000 generations). A generation is generally consider in humans to be about 20 years ... that is 2000 years. The prequels state the Jedi protected the Republic for 1000 years.

Also, the those wars are called The Clone Wars ... not the Jedi War, not the Civil War. The Clone Wars. It honestly would make more sense that people remember the Clones, as in you know the group that gave the war its name.

Also, we know people know what a Jedi is, Admiral Motti in ANH calls Vader out on holding onto that religion. People who absolutely didn't know we can say are the 3 people told the story in the Mandalorian itself. Luke grew up on Tatooine, which even before the Empire the Republic had little to do with. Han doesn't say he never heard of it, merely he didn't believe in it. 3 people who do not know would have been children during the Clone Wars.
    A generation is usually 40 years, it is officially defined as 100 years, but equally commonly seen as 20 years if you're currently under 40.

So depending on who wrote the line and script, a generation could be 20 or 40 or 100 years.

Not to mention a generation in the movie world context could be any number of years... don't force users live longer lives in general? or space humans? A generation yard stick might be different, though I doubt it is.