10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well she's been on that planet longer. Maybe it wasn't her first rodeo with those type of sea monster
    It's actually to show you how much better these real mandalorians are compared to him. If you notice both seasons have showed he's in way over his head for most of this stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Hahaha love you lefties going nuts over the egg eating never change hahaha
    What drugs are you on? And I suggest not doing those drugs.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    It's actually to show you how much better these real mandalorians are compared to him. If you notice both seasons have showed he's in way over his head for most of this stuff.
    While there's some ex-machina rescue problems every now and then, part of what I like about the show is precisely that he's NOT Onepunch Man. He's a badass to be sure, but he gets in trouble, too, and doesn't just pull a one-man army to get out of it like it's nothing. He gets his ass kicked on the regular, too.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    While there's some ex-machina rescue problems every now and then, part of what I like about the show is precisely that he's NOT Onepunch Man. He's a badass to be sure, but he gets in trouble, too, and doesn't just pull a one-man army to get out of it like it's nothing. He gets his ass kicked on the regular, too.
    Yeah, not bad for someone who wasn't even born on Mandalore.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Why do his vids have so many likes when its obvious clickbait?
    The same with every YouTuber that's "popular", because the people who watch and like these things are easily amused, brain-dead morons who have no capacity for logical or critical thought.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Yeah, not bad for someone who wasn't even born on Mandalore.
    Tbf most "Mandalorians" around the purge were weak ass pacifists anyway. People raised and trained to be Mandalorians are badasses regardless of if they are from Mandalore or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Tbf most "Mandalorians" around the purge were weak ass pacifists anyway. People raised and trained to be Mandalorians are badasses regardless of if they are from Mandalore or not.
    But Bo-Katan and her ilk were from the Deathwatch initially. Nite Owls.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I love how she conveniently omits that fact when she talks about the Watch. "Oh THOSE people, they're all just a bunch of fanatics, pfff!" Mmmmm-hmmmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't the Purge well after the Empire was forcing the Mandalorians to fight for them? Taking place after their brief independence in Rebels.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Wasn't the Purge well after the Empire was forcing the Mandalorians to fight for them? Taking place after their brief independence in Rebels.
    Yes. It's what gideon referenced. Happened probably around episode 456
    Driving on Sunshine.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but they were a very small minority of people from Mandalore. They were literal terrorists.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I love how she conveniently omits that fact when she talks about the Watch. "Oh THOSE people, they're all just a bunch of fanatics, pfff!" Mmmmm-hmmmm.
    Well, she calls Din a Child of the Watch and the group Children of the Watch ... it sounds like the Children of the Watch are an even more extreme version of Deathwatch/splinter from Death Watch.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well, she calls Din a Child of the Watch and the group Children of the Watch ... it sounds like the Children of the Watch are an even more extreme version of Deathwatch/splinter from Death Watch.
    Its more likely she implies that Din is a "child" in her eyes; naïve to the ways of Mandalore in the vein she has come to know it. Like a child pretending to be a soldier without understanding the duty it entails.

In either case, she shows that she has moved on beyond Deathwatch's dogmatic approach to governing; I think she ultimately sees deathwatch's methods much like childlike absolutism, an ideology doomed to failure from the start; but doesn't have the time, or desire to waste it, on correcting a single misguided Mandalorian.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Its more likely she implies that Din is a "child" in her eyes; naïve to the ways of Mandalore in the vein she has come to know it. Like a child pretending to be a soldier without understanding the duty it entails.

In either case, she shows that she has moved on beyond Deathwatch's dogmatic approach to governing; I think she ultimately sees deathwatch's methods much like childlike absolutism, an ideology doomed to failure from the start; but doesn't have the time, or desire to waste it, on correcting a single misguided Mandalorian.
    Her line is literally "Children of the Watch are a cult of religious zealots." The group that Din belongs to is referred to as Children of the Watch by Bo Katan. She isn't calling Din a child.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Her line is literally "Children of the Watch are a cult of religious zealots." The group that Din belongs to is referred to as Children of the Watch by Bo Katan. She isn't calling Din a child.
    And I would argue we have no solid evidence that the Children of the Watch is an official group or just an improvised descriptor of Deathwatch, which she would also call a cult of religious zealots.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    And I would argue we have no solid evidence that the Children of the Watch is an official group or just an improvised descriptor of Deathwatch, which she would also call a cult of religious zealots.
    But it doesn't make sense to call a group Children just because the are religious zealots. The group may be the remnants of Death Watch but its clear that they are referring to the collective group as "Children of the Watch" rather then using it as an insult/descriptor of Din or Death Watch.

She also broke away from Death Watch to oppose Darth Maul who was the leader of Death Watch at the time. It has nothing to do with thinking the group's policies to be child like. The ideology wasn't doomed to failure from the start because they met success. And if Bo never split off they likely would have still remained in control. At least until someone else challenged Maul or them.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-11-19 at 12:09 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But it doesn't make sense to call a group Children just because the are religious zealots. The group may be the remnants of Death Watch but its clear that they are referring to the collective group as "Children of the Watch" rather then using it as an insult/descriptor of Din or Death Watch.

She also broke away from Death Watch to oppose Darth Maul who was the leader of Death Watch at the time. It has nothing to do with thinking the group's policies to be child like. The ideology wasn't doomed to failure from the start because they met success. And if Bo never split off they likely would have still remained in control. At least until someone else challenged Maul or them.
    This. I honestly can't see how anyone read that scene any other way
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Children of the watch are probably foundlings and children of the Death Watch who now have grown up long after the Death Watch has been dismantled.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2020-11-19 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Children of the watch are probably foundlings and children of the Night Watch who now have grown up long after the Night Watch has been dismantled.
    This was exactly what I thought. This nonsense everyone else is talking about is strange.
    Driving on Sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think trying to say "well the Children of the Watch" are just a splinter group of Death Watch takes aware from it being a still distinct group of Mandalorians. Is Death Watch just a sect of the old pacifists? They clearly aren't the same war loving terrorists that Death Watch were.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Probably the best episode of the series yet.

Looks like Palpatine, Thrawn, or Anakin is coming back as a clone.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."