Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    And I would argue we have no solid evidence that the Children of the Watch is an official group or just an improvised descriptor of Deathwatch, which she would also call a cult of religious zealots.
    The Deathwatch never showed any prohibition against removing their helmets, all signs point to them being distinct groups. The Children of the Watch also seem to have very little information on force users, which is inexplicable if they're Deathwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Probably the best episode of the series yet.

Looks like Palpatine, Thrawn, or Anakin is coming back as a clone.
    Those were probably proto-Snokes.

Also, were those Darktroopers at the end?

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Those were probably proto-Snokes.

Also, were those Darktroopers at the end?
    They look more like droids. At least the Arms and Legs are robotic. Their helmet seems to blend elements from Kylo Rens and Vaders Helmet.

As for the things being proto-Snokes, maybe, but I'm not sure if the guys in the vats are clones, rather failed experiments of trying to give (presumably) Force powers to non-Force sensitive humans.

The Hologram of the tech from season 1 said they made a transfusion, and that the subject showed promise for a fortnight, befor the body rejected the blood. They also have a volunteer lined up to be next, so they don't seem to be creating clones.

"M-count"

Oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    They look more like droids. At least the Arms and Legs are robotic. Their helmet seems to blend elements from Kylo Rens and Vaders Helmet.
    Darktroopers are droids.

Left: From episode, Right: Darktrooper phase 1

What am II confusing them with? Wasn't there a Storm Trooper breed with limited Force Powers, in thick suits?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I thought this episode would be another side quest on the path to returning the Child.

And I was very much wrong. While it was another side questy episode, they are building to something big.

That is why I this point I feel the series lack true filler episodes, because a lot of things are tying together. While some episodes can be skipped, watching them all helps you appreciate the episodes more.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    What am II confusing them with? Wasn't there a Storm Trooper breed with limited Force Powers, in thick suits?
    The Phase Zero Dark Troopers were cybernetic adapted clones who used lightning ARC Caster rifles in later games (BF II), could be that?

Had smoke grey thickened stormtroopers gear with a jump pack, featured in the OG Battlefronts and the Galactic Battleground games; no force powers that I can recall.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Well, I find Cuis Trooper/stormtrooper. But, they wore regular storm trooper armor.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

This series is waay above the new sequels by far. By. FAR!

And on top of that, Baby Yoda is funny af.

10+ Year Old Account

As for the things being proto-Snokes, maybe, but I'm not sure if the guys in the vats are clones, rather failed experiments of trying to give (presumably) Force powers to non-Force sensitive humans.

The Hologram of the tech from season 1 said they made a transfusion, and that the subject showed promise for a fortnight, befor the body rejected the blood. They also have a volunteer lined up to be next, so they don't seem to be creating clones.
    Dark Troopers were droids.

Also, the experiment definitely seems like they were referring to proto-Snoke/attempts to resurrect Palpatine to me. The timeline makes sense. Then again I can see the force-sensitive angle too.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Troopers are a weird thing in canon. They seem to be droids in some versions, just elite black-armored Stormtroopers with jetpacks in others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you guys are confusing death droppers with darktroopers
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Dark Troopers are a weird thing in canon. They seem to be droids in some versions, just elite black-armored Stormtroopers with jetpacks in others.
    They've had a few retcons that got worked into 'different stages' of the program. I think Originally they were envisioned as droids, but then later as Cyborg enhancements on regular troopers/force sensitive ones. Later it was retconned to be clone troopers getting cybernetic augmentation, but no new canon was ever established in a mainline series/movie, so its been up for grabs since forever.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    They've had a few retcons that got worked into 'different stages' of the program. I think Originally they were envisioned as droids, but then later as Cyborg enhancements on regular troopers/force sensitive ones. Later it was retconned to be clone troopers getting cybernetic augmentation, but no new canon was ever established in a mainline series/movie, so its been up for grabs since forever.
    It's hard to say, my only personal experience with them has been through two video games that I think are non-canon, Battlefront (the original ones) and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Haven't seen any other sources of info, personally. No comics or movies. I was surprised that Jedi: Fallen Order didn't have any, tbh.

I want baby yodas ability to aquire food :-D

10+ Year Old Account
    After this episode, I'm kind of curious. What happened to the Armorer? She kind of made it seem like she was sacrificing herself to keep away the Stormtroopers, but she killed them all when they came that way. After they escape and take down the Moff, they claim that Navarro is free from the Imperials, meaning the garrison was all wiped out. So the Armorer should still be alive in the sewers, why didn't Jin stop by when he came back?

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    And on top of that, Baby Yoda is funny af.
    I dunno... wanted to drop kick him for constantly eating them last batch of eggs of that Frog lady.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    After this episode, I'm kind of curious. What happened to the Armorer? She kind of made it seem like she was sacrificing herself to keep away the Stormtroopers, but she killed them all when they came that way. After they escape and take down the Moff, they claim that Navarro is free from the Imperials, meaning the garrison was all wiped out. So the Armorer should still be alive in the sewers, why didn't Jin stop by when he came back?
    Well to be fair, why would he stop by? He only went there to get repairs, his mission is still priority. Hell, he didnt even waste time as soon as he finished the side quest he took off immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I dunno... wanted to drop kick him for constantly eating them last batch of eggs of that Frog lady.
    The Child's lack of self restraint is my favorite trait of him.