5+ Year Old Account
    This is just lovely from the twitters

Mark Hamill
    @HamillHimself
    Dear @MrPeytonReed,

I am so grateful to have been given the unexpected opportunity to revisit my character when he was still a symbol of hope & optimism.

Your assured direction & kindness was a crucial element in the experience & means more to me than I can say.

#ThankYOU������

Peyton Reed
    @MrPeytonReed
    Dear @HamillHimself,

When I was a kid, this photo hung on my bedroom wall. STAR WARS, and Luke Skywalker in particular, meant a great deal to me.

Some things never change.

It was an honor and a dream come true to work with you on @themandalorian. Thank you. #MTFBWY

10:33 PM · Jan 16, 2021

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Basic troopers in the Empire have always been next to useless...they even joked about it with those two Scout troopers who had Grogu. Both of them shooting and completely missing the target. They're probably even more useless now as the remnant can't afford to be picky in anyways...taking anyone they can get.
    Sure, but if it's not interesting, it's not interesting, regardless of whether there exists some canon reason or precedent to explain it. The middle of the season definitely kind of dragged a bit with the "Our unstoppable heroes fight a faceless contingent of inept morons" filling in every action sequence for multiple episodes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Our unstoppable heroes fight a faceless contingent of inept morons" filling in every action sequence for multiple episodes.
    But...that's always been Star Wars.

The only thing that changes is what variety of inept moron will our unstoppable heroes face....Storm Troopers or "battle droids".

Never look for tension when the heroes are facing fodder.

The battle for Naboo in provides the clearest example of this I think

There's 3 fronts to it...The Space fight, The Army fight, and the infiltration fight.

The Space fight is ended by a 9 year old crashing his ship.
    The Army fight is end by Jar Jar tripping over his own feet.

The only moments of tension are in the infiltration...because that's where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon fight Darth Maul.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-18 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    How much of the original EU can Realistically be Written into the new Timeline?
    All I want is an official, canonized version of Shadows of the Empire. Rewrite it, revamp it, update it if you have to, but the basics of the story were all there for a Rogue One style gap-closer.

Some of the ship designs in the series needs to be brought back into canon (beyond just the outrider).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    But...that's always been Star Wars.

The only thing that changes is what variety of inept moron will our unstoppable heroes face....Storm Troopers or "battle droids".

Never look for tension when the heroes are facing fodder.

The battle for Naboo in provides the clearest example of this I think

There's 3 fronts to it...The Space fight, The Army fight, and the infiltration fight.

The Space fight is ended by a 9 year old crashing his ship.
    The Army fight is end by Jar Jar tripping over his own feet.

The only moments of tension are in the infiltration...because that's where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon fight Darth Maul.
    Yeah and that's boring filler.

Tusken Raiders and colonists joining forces to fight a Krayt Dragon? Badass as hell.

Mando fighting Moff Gideon spear-vs-darksaber? Awesome.

Mando trying to board a racing Sandcrawler while the Jawas try and repel him? Super cool.

Mando going predator mode and taking out his backstabbing accomplices one-by-one on the republic prison vessel? Dynamic and interesting.

But our (literally) plot-armored heroes ducking behind pillars to blast down faceless stormtroopers/droids/thugs? Trite and overplayed. I'm not saying that this sort of rote action isn't expected in star wars, I'm saying they should shoot for better than that. Because it's obvious they can do it.

Also, the prequels are the exact opposite of anything that should be pointed to for "dramatic tension." Those films carry zero character weight and heft as they just sort of meander through CGI setpiece to CGI setpiece.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    This is just lovely from the twitters
    I was looking through the replies and he's getting hundreds of people telling him he's not allowed to even mention his dislike of his character's portrayal. How can people actually tweet to him telling him to stop talking about his own character? Crazy.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I was looking through the replies and he's getting hundreds of people telling him he's not allowed to even mention his dislike of his character's portrayal. How can people actually tweet to him telling him to stop talking about his own character? Crazy.
    I copied from a website that had hamill's tweet up,

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-s...walker-thanks/

I don't go to actual twitter, it's a toxic shithole...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-01-18 at 07:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yeah and that's boring filler.

Tusken Raiders and colonists joining forces to fight a Krayt Dragon? Badass as hell.

Mando fighting Moff Gideon spear-vs-darksaber? Awesome.

Mando trying to board a racing Sandcrawler while the Jawas try and repel him? Super cool.

Mando going predator mode and taking out his backstabbing accomplices one-by-one on the republic prison vessel? Dynamic and interesting.

But our (literally) plot-armored heroes ducking behind pillars to blast down faceless stormtroopers/droids/thugs? Trite and overplayed. I'm not saying that this sort of rote action isn't expected in star wars, I'm saying they should shoot for better than that. Because it's obvious they can do it.

Also, the prequels are the exact opposite of anything that should be pointed to for "dramatic tension." Those films carry zero character weight and heft as they just sort of meander through CGI setpiece to CGI setpiece.
    But you can't have every fight be epic battles or else they wont be epic anymore, they'd just be battles..they wouldn't feel epic anymore. No matter what you watch it is bound to have some kind of filler...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    But you can't have every fight be epic battles or else they wont be epic anymore, they'd just be battles..they wouldn't feel epic anymore. No matter what you watch it is bound to have some kind of filler...
    They could at least be dynamic. Most of season one kept the action pretty variable, with the only really bland sort of by-the-numbers being Mando facing off against the generic raiders with the AT-ST. Everything other than that... Mando and IG-11 fighting the guys guarding baby yoda, Mando fighting the Jawas and the mudhorn, Mando and the wannabe bounty Hunter taking on fennec, the prison raid and then Mando taking them all down one-by-one, all of the protagonists being pinned down by an overwhelming force of stormtroopers under Gideon... all of that was pretty cool.

But a lot of season 2 fell back on “mando’s on a fetch quest and he’s gotta beat up on some stromtroopers while we stick in this fanservice character to shoot stormtroopers in a hallway with him.”

So I’m hoping season 3 mixes it up more.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

5+ Year Old Account
    A new artbook, a lot thicker than that other pathetic one..

Overall impressions after S2 - even better than the first one (generally), this is the way forwards for SW. Sorry not sorry for the stupid pun. There is so much more they can branch to, now.

Have to add to the point about stormtroopers, though - god damn I understand bad, untrained, but they are mentally challenged. The stupid mook factor was turned to the max, they all were absolutely incapable. Oh, of course the useless armor too... -.-
    Another dislike was the random couple of things about showing the Empire side of view, especially that one about "millions dead on Death Star". That scene was strange, what was the point of it? The "moral grey" checkbox? Empire bad? Republic bad? Cara's troubled past? What, exactly?

Last complaint - what the hell was with all the female cast doing that strange creepy smile all the time, as if they wanna either eat Mando (in both ways) or appear... friendly? Supportive? It looked so strange, Ashoka, Bo'Katan, Cara, Koska, Fennec, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Have to add to the point about stormtroopers, though - god damn I understand bad, untrained, but they are mentally challenged. The stupid mook factor was turned to the max, they all were absolutely incapable. Oh, of course the useless armor too... -.-
    And what about the Dark Troopers, elite among the elite, which fight as random drunk guy in a bar, throwing its enemy away against walls and stuff instead of outright killing him by breaking his neck

Another dislike was the random couple of things about showing the Empire side of view, especially that one about "millions dead on Death Star". That scene was strange, what was the point of it? The "moral grey" checkbox? Empire bad? Republic bad? Cara's troubled past? What, exactly?
    I have to imagine the vast majority of people don't see themselves as the bad guys... So if you're in the Imperial armed forces and you hear about a bunch of terrorists blowing up installations with millions of people on board, you're probably not going to be too happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I have to imagine the vast majority of people don't see themselves as the bad guys... So if you're in the Imperial armed forces and you hear about a bunch of terrorists blowing up installations with millions of people on board, you're probably not going to be too happy about it.
    The best villains are heroes in their own mind. Darth Vader is a pretty good example of this.

I'm sure Moff Gideon wants to make the spaceships run on time.

Overall impressions after S2 - even better than the first one (generally), this is the way forwards for SW. Sorry not sorry for the stupid pun. There is so much more they can branch to, now.

Last complaint - what the hell was with all the female cast doing that strange creepy smile all the time, as if they wanna either eat Mando (in both ways) or appear... friendly? Supportive? It looked so strange, Ashoka, Bo'Katan, Cara, Koska, Fennec, all of them.
    The millions of deaths was simply stating a fact.. Stop looking for stupid reasons behind a random statement.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The best villains are heroes in their own mind. Darth Vader is a pretty good example of this.

I'm sure Moff Gideon wants to make the spaceships run on time.
    Really? You think Vader is a good example of that?

What are his intentions anyway, he seems pretty typical saturday morning show villain. I doubt even he would try argue hes not an evil dude just concerned about his own self interests
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

What are his intentions anyway, he seems pretty typical saturday morning show villain. I doubt even he would try argue hes not an evil dude just concerned about his own self interests
    His intentions are to bring order to the galaxy, to save the love of his life, pretty standard hero tropes.

10+ Year Old Account

In the Sith's point of view the Jedi are evil...and in some ways it's true. Back before there was Jedi and Sith there was Je'daii...who believed in balance who believed in balance between the light and dark sides. After certain events the Je'daii got paranoid and started hunting down their own brothers and sisters who wouldn't bend towards the light...these people became Jedi.

The Je'daii hunted down and killed their own because they wouldn't go fully to the light, the survivors of this purge are who became Sith...the Sith goal is revenge but could be twisted into appearing as a form of justice. Anakin was young and confused, being torn in numerous directions and afraid of losing his wife...Palpatine seemingly offered him the thing he needed most. Becoming Vader and his wife dying...he had nothing else, nothing else but what he saw as justice and bringing order to the galaxy.

Anakin wanted to do good and fell. Vader continued what he felt was right although towards the end he realized what he became.

Gideon appears to believe in the Empire. I wouldn’t definitely say he has any noble intentions but some people believe in order and think the ends justify the means. Thrawn, by comparison, definitely wanted to use power over others and said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Anakin wanted to do good and fell. Vader continued what he felt was right although towards the end he realized what he became.

Gideon appears to believe in the Empire. I wouldn’t definitely say he has any noble intentions but some people believe in order and think the ends justify the means. Thrawn, by comparison, definitely wanted to use power over others and said as much.
    What? He thought he could save his wife from a bad dream by murdering children, then strangled his wife in a fit of jealous rage. He wasn't trying to do good, he knew full well that he was being selfish. He just didn't care.