Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You do realize that James Gunn was fired and then rehired by Disney despite posting pedophile-esque garbage on Twitter. Amber Heard abused Johnny Depp (and could face legal repercussions for it), yet still gets acting roles while Depp has lost both of the roles he was cast in for upcoming films. I probably wouldn't give a damn about Gina Carano getting fired for being a provocateur on social media if it wasn't for the fact that when it comes to being a shitty human being, those two people are a lot worse than she is and they have still retained employment. It's pretty plain to me that Disney's "standards" for employee conduct don't exist or they only exist for people with certain political leanings.
    James Gunn's comments were made long before he was employed by Disney and he has apologized for them. Disney fired him while they performed an investigation and re-hired him after the investigation was concluded.

Gina Carrano made the comments she made while being employed by Disney. She had ignored warnings about her conduct. She has not apologized.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I was sad to see Gina Carano go as she was honestly one of the main reasons I liked the show, because I loved that they actually hired a woman that was believable when she knocked guys out and on top of that she is Sexy AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Still can. They are recasting bigger characters than her.
    Fair enough. They can recast her, I'm just not usually a fan of it when they do that as the new actor brings a different look and feel to the character. Many times, not for the better. But I doubt that will be the case here so we'll have to see.

No biggie either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    UTA, Carano's talent agency, has also dropped her. It is very likely her entertainment career in film and television is over.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/the-man...sy-1234691964/
    Oh no, the Hollywood pedos are upset.

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-02-12 at 04:15 AM.

We want strong willed women representation in our shows! Noooo, not that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    We want strong willed women representation in our shows! Noooo, not that one!
    They were all fine and happy with her until weirdos wanted her executed for not putting pronouns in her twitter bio. That's how all the shit with her started.

Look at all the people in here cheering her being fired. I bet if she made a twitter post comparing half of the united states populace to confederates and nazis she would have been fired on the spot...shit that was Pedro, my bad, "he's good because he's one of us"

You guys don't even try and pretend you don't live by a double standard anymore.

Lucasfilm has killed StarWars, it's dead to me and I do not care anymore. The stories suck now, the characters suck now, you can fit a death star in the plot holes "Rey I have something I need to tell you!". Mandalorian wasn't even that good, it was average at best and that was light years better than the hot garbage that has been released lately. The people making decisions at Lucasfilm are too worried about pronouns, politics, and crucifying anyone with a different opinion that isn't their own than to worry about making a good Star Wars universe.

*holds hands out for the thought police cuffs*

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-02-12 at 04:17 AM.

You children still whining about this? Fascinating.

But tell me more about the evils of cancel culture while you try to get Pascal fired as some pathetic form of revenge. It pleases me.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-12 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Actually not terribly fast. Carano's controversial social media posts have been happening for quite some time. She chose supporting alt right hate speech and conspiracy theories over her career.
    Well, she is a woman, so even with proof of her wrongdoing she still has a shield against any consequences of her actions, for a time at least. If she stopped it in time, she would have been fine. Now, if she was a guy, she would have been dropped within 24 hours, even without any kind of proof of anything (like lately Manson being cut out of American Gods because Delores wrote a blog post on IG). And while in Manson's case more women came out, so probably there's some truth to their words, however the fact that he got axed before any of it came out, simply on the word of one single woman with a vendetta against him, a word on fucking instagram...yeah, society was a mistake.

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-02-12 at 04:18 AM.

Conspiracy theory promoting bigots have all the representation they need. See politics for further edification.
    Did what she say hit too close to home, buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's pretty plain to me that Disney's "standards" for employee conduct don't exist or they only exist for people with certain political leanings.
    I've seen this sentiment a lot, but this has happened before, except it was with someone on the other end of the political spectrum. Chuck Wendig, author of the Aftermath novels (A major cornerstone of post-RotJ lore in canon; Aftermath is where Cobb Vanth came from, for example), was fired after going on extreme left political rants on his Twitter.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Still can. They are recasting bigger characters than her.
    Bigger characters are actually a lot more likely to be recast...because those characters are important.

Cara Dune just isn't that important.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    SW is a universe of time jumps and many minor characters in a large galaxy that just vanish due to the vastness space.

We could never see Cara again and the story would be fine.

Or now that the show is a proven success with the character also being somewhat successful, they have reasons to hire a better actor for the role.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

But tell me more about the evils of cancel culture while you try to get Pascal fired as some pathetic form of revenge. It pleases me.
    I'm not trying to get someone fired, I'm saying it's a double standard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

Again double standard, people who call it out are children, it's an issue with Gina, but not with Pedro. Just admit it. No reason to be simple and call people children over it.

I kept trying to find Carano's anti-Semitic tweets. Can't seem to find any. Even the ones she deleted weren't anti-Semitic. Can anyone link them?

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-02-12 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol imagine having a sweet gig and all you have to do is shut the fuck up and get paid but you cant because you are such a massive cunt.
    Everything she said was accurate. Cancel culture just gets more toxic every day.

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-02-12 at 05:16 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I kept trying to find Carano's anti-Semitic tweets. Can't seem to find any. Even the ones she deleted weren't anti-Semitic. Can anyone link them?
    No because they dont exist.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Everything she said was accurate. Cancel culture just gets more toxic every day.
    Even the anti masker rhetoric and voter fraud posts? She collected bad far right takes like pokemon, people have been wondering for months how Disney hadn't done anything with her yet. The whole comparing republicans feeling persecuted to jewish people being actually killed during the holocaust was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-02-12 at 04:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Facing repercussions for actions isn't cancel culture. People are fired all the time over things they say and do. Your basic bottom of the barrel retail employee can get fired for bringing negative attention to the company. Cancel culture would be if Disney forced Lego to re-issue the sets her character appears in order to replace it. Her story arc was over on the show and her spin off wasn't happening like originally planned.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    They were all fine and happy with her until weirdos wanted her executed for not putting pronouns in her twitter bio. That's how all the shit with her started.

Look at all the people in here cheering her being fired. I bet if she made a twitter post comparing half of the united states populace to confederates and nazis she would have been fired on the spot...shit that was Pedro, my bad, "he's good because he's one of us"

You guys don't even try and pretend you don't live by a double standard anymore.

Lucasfilm has killed StarWars, it's dead to me and I do not care anymore. The stories suck now, the characters suck now, you can fit a death star in the plot holes "Rey I have something I need to tell you!". Mandalorian wasn't even that good, it was average at best and that was light years better than the hot garbage that has been released lately. The people making decisions at Lucasfilm are too worried about pronouns, politics, and crucifying anyone with a different opinion that isn't their own than to worry about making a good Star Wars universe.

*holds hands out for the thought police cuffs*
    This is so dramatic, it's funny.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,”

If this was the tweet that did it - then that is really distrubing.
    (noting her allegedly transphobic bio - she apologised for, and the Blindfold/mask meme retweet)

As a foreigner - it actually does look really bad how extreme both of your political parties are getting. The point is a valid one re: The progressive institutionalised hatred of a particular group of people. That said, companies lose significant amounts of money when activist consumer groups take action following on from social media posts so I wouldn't blame Disney for what they've said/done. They ultimately have to protect investors and avoiding controversy is nearly always the right thing to do.

What scares me most is how quickly, vindictively and earnestly those on social media call for heads to roll.

I'd say this for many reasons but gee i'm glad I dont live in America. That country looks shitter by the day.

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-02-12 at 04:22 AM.