5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamolive View Post
    The nature and sunsets are simply stunning.
    It's all done with LED screens now but still is amazing what they can do with technology these days. And Video Game Technology! The Hollywood & Movie Industry has evolved to using video game technology such as Epic Game's Unreal Engine, using Game Engines now. Simply incredible.

What an age to be living in.

Now Rosario Dawson is being cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Now Rosario Dawson is being cancelled
    Can you say that again but in a way that makes us understand what you are trying to convey?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Can you say that again but in a way that makes us understand what you are trying to convey?
    She's in hot water like Gina Carano. If Disney lets her go as well, that will be 2 main characters down

She's in hot water like Gina Carano. If Disney lets her go as well, that will be 2 main characters down
    It will not be two main characters down, it will be two side characters down, if that happens it does not affect our lives.

5+ Year Old Account
    No Cara Dune = no season 3
    that makes no sense.

I feel you, teh feels.. but lets look at it without that for a moment.

She was only supposed to be in season 1, they said their goodbyes n parted ways, din djarin only visited her again cuz he needed back up to rescue grogu in season 2. Job completed, grogu went with Luke, we are unlikely to see cara, din, grogu meet again. Luke didn't even say where he was going.. what possible reason would cara have to meet any of them ever again? Din went to off to fight in the Mandalorian wars of liberation and considering 'Mandalore' can be bent to mean their planet -and- their former holdings, other planets (Krownest and others) I get the feeling if this were movies, we went from alien to aliens (watched those movies recently) and cara would have no interest due to her past to go fight more wars, especially not one that doesn't involve the rebelion but the side, Mandalorians that used to fight for galactic supremacy (with both the sith n jedi destroyed or crippled there's nothing in their way from achieving that if they get a foothold again in their corner of space...I doubt cara will fight for such ambitions after she quit on the rebels for less..

I like gina, looks like a saucy milf, she's cool, n hot, but she can't act for shit...and she doesn't have the presence to have her own show, even if she had stayed off twitter, even if she had been liberal. I honestly, with politics aside, could not see any future in sw for her... that show people think she would in, they probably would have gotten some other actors to be the stars of it...I think she knew that long ago n that business with twitter n then hooking up with that conservative jew guy, ben shapiro? john shapiro? whatever..seems suspect, not that I care, I don't care if she made noise to promote her new future...

In game of thrones we had multiple stories, the Starks, the Lannisters, the Wildlings, Daenerys, etc. but only because it was all supposed to be tied together in the end..well, cara dune's story was tied together, twice, she helped save the day, twice, once per season.
    Sure, if it was up to me, I'd love to see cara swing in, rescue grogu n punch kylo ren's teeth in, but nah, don't want to see characters from that trilogy..

If I would bet, we'll see war, lots of it, big budget in season 3, not in the beginning, it will start up slow with missions n build up, dunno who they will fight but I get the feeling din will get his world view shattered when he sees mandalorians will act like any other imperialists, I think that bo-katan that so many are all hot n bothered about isn't some heroine but have more in common with cersei lannister than some space disney princess..

Mandalorians culture is built around war, conquest, expansionism, but Din grew up in this cult that believes in honor which I get the feeling is less shared by rest of society..

I bet Din is going to die, some heroic death using the dark saber to take out some weapon/ship/structure of power after Mandalore is freed to shatter bo-katan's dreams of empire..or give her small pieces to work with. He'll go out like a bawz! It's not in his story arch to grow old n pat teenage grogu's head..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-03-03 at 10:15 PM.

The Dawson stuff will probsbly blow over, all of the charges that were filed against her have been dropped by the person who filed them. Most of it was allegations anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    Pedro Pascal was an awesome pick as The Mandalorian. The father and son dynamic between the Mandalorian and The Child.
    I disagree on pedro pascal, not the character, but his 'acting'...meh..anyone could do his part, wear his helmet, tilt his head, move slowly...I mean..most of the time we see his character, it's other people in the same suit, u got some other guy who does all the fighting, you got one guy that does all the dangerous stunts. Pedro, does not much of anything really...you could have replaced him with anyone really..I'm not trying to shit on him cuz he's a liberal but the only 'real' acting we see from him is when he has his helmet off...like when he was with bill burr n had to show his face for the scanner, his face was wooden n derpy the whole time, like his emotions were from someone who had never acted before in his life..

looks around like. I don't know what..

I know he is supposed to be fish out of water with helm off, but come on..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    They've got to bring back Baby Yoda.

It wouldn't be The Mandalorian without adorable Baby Yoda!
    I thought about that n I still think like I wrote before, we'll get fan service in season 3 where he won't be tied to the over-all story but we'll see him be visited by master Yoda's force ghost, we'll see them remember each other. I'm hoping for lots of feels..but Grogu's story is over..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-03-03 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pascal gave a decent Eastwood vibe with his vocal performance that really fit the character. I would've chosen Olyphant. Oozes cool, and he nailed it in Rango. But nope... they done did casted him as Faux Fett instead.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole Pedro debate..man

Who defines Vader, James Earl Jones or David Prowse (with all due respect)?

Andy Serkis or the CGI in any Andy Serkis role?

Who is credited for an animated character, the artist or the voice actor?

Who cares if every time Mando is on screen it could be be Pedro or it could be his double (I'd look up his name if I was at my desk).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    This whole Pedro debate..man

Who defines Vader, James Earl Jones or David Prowse (with all due respect)?

Andy Serkis or the CGI in any Andy Serkis role?

Who is credited for an animated character, the artist or the voice actor?

Who cares if every time Mando is on screen it could be be Pedro or it could be his double (I'd look up his name if I was at my desk).
    Quite agree with your point.

Really wish Pedro would remember that as he gets too big for his helmet. I certainly can't tell when its Pedro vs. Stuntman and I really don't care, either. Voice actor would make me just as happy, because in context (of our story and the world the story is in) it doesn't/shouldn't matter who's in the suit. All that matters is "Mandalorian."

You are replaceable man. You are /so/ replaceable. Complaining about riding the cash and exposure horse you're on just makes you look like an entitled douche. (you Pedro, not YOU poster lol).

And I like Pedro the actor - in the other things he's done and as the guy in /this/ suit. But his grumblings about not getting 'face time' will certainly change my tune real quick if he keeps up that complaint.

(And yes I've read that the rumors of his complaints were just rumors, but I've also read other things saying its damage control after the fact and that he was indeed unhappy with it. Only time will tell. And only if we get more seasons, of course lol. But if he IS an entitled douche - that will come out elsewhere, also.)

I just want an actual Season 3 of Mandalorian; separate from Boba Fett's Chapters. I know that's the plan - but until its all released I'm not sure that will be what happens.

(And as much as I like Dawson as an actress, and haven't read the latest drama people are mentioning here, she IS a side character in this series. Main character in another series perhaps, but for Mandalorian she never has to appear again and it won't affect the show at all. But clearly some posters here are OBVIOUSLY troll-baiting with their brief and illogical statements about the importance of all the side characters - lol.)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this whole Rosario Dawson being cancelled thing? Any sources/links? cant find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    It will not be two main characters down, it will be two side characters down, if that happens it does not affect our lives.
    They're literally building a show around Ahsoka, she's the main character.
    Anyways the attempt at cancelling Rosario Dawson is like year old news, Disney bowing down to the SJWs just reinvigorated them to push again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    What is this whole Rosario Dawson being cancelled thing? Any sources/links? cant find anything.
    It's over a year old and sounds like it's just a disgruntled employee.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...sault-n1069756

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Anyways the attempt at cancelling Rosario Dawson is like year old news, Disney bowing down to the SJWs just reinvigorated them to push again.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't think so either, just reacting to the facepalm sensationism of it.

I don't recall Disney bowing down to SJWs. I recall an actor deciding that posting QAnon conspiracy theories was more important than her contract with Disney.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Ah so it's nothing, I thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    I don't recall Disney bowing down to SJWs. I recall an actor deciding that posting QAnon conspiracy theories was more important than her contract with Disney.
    James Gunn? But that quickly got reversed. It wasn’t as much SJWs as perhaps anti-SJWs or perhaps my generic term for them all: idiots.

I really enjoyed S1 and S2, recently finished them. The show isn’t perfect but it is certainly my favorite Star Wars in a long, long time. I would say that S2 suffered from having too many guest stars or whatever you’d call the supporting cast. I’m hoping S3 does a bit more new interactions with I’m guessing the dark saber (which means nothing to me, I never watched the animated shows if that is what it’s from) and people coming after it as the next plot mcguffin

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    James Gunn? But that quickly got reversed. It wasn’t as much SJWs as perhaps anti-SJWs or perhaps my generic term for them all: idiots.
    No, Gina Carano

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...le/6466149002/
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1764966.html

Alleged allegations which the person recanted them and 2 were targeted and settled by her mother. For these Twitter SJW morons not good enough and screech at Disney to get her cancelled. They're the equivalent of locusts. Ruin the persons life (crop) then go after something else.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    No, Gina Carano
    Pointing out how current day Leftists are acting Nazi-like isn't bad in general, but it's bad when it's the very people employing her. Disney just didn't like her stating the obvious.
    Last edited by Dald; 2021-03-05 at 12:29 AM.