Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Pointing out how current day Leftists are acting Nazi-like isn't bad. Disney just didn't like her stating the obvious.
    If QAnon conspiracy theories and anti-Semitism is "obvious", then perhaps you are "Nazi-like."

15+ Year Old Account
    Pointing out how current day Leftists are acting Nazi-like isn't bad in general, but it's bad when it's the very people employing her. Disney just didn't like her stating the obvious.
    Don't be silly. It has nothing to do with the actual views, Disney, or any group. It has to do with a controversial employee continuing to do things deemed controversial. She had a warning months ago about doing stuff and she continued to do it. A company protected its interested in the way it deemed fit. That isn't even cancel culture it is just standard business practice. If you do stuff to rock the boat you get thrown off unless you are important enough to be kept.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    If QAnon conspiracy theories and anti-Semitism is "obvious", then perhaps you are "Nazi-like."
    See what I mean? Anyone that you disagree with is immediately labeled a Nazi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    James Gunn? But that quickly got reversed. It wasn’t as much SJWs as perhaps anti-SJWs or perhaps my generic term for them all: idiots.

I really enjoyed S1 and S2, recently finished them. The show isn’t perfect but it is certainly my favorite Star Wars in a long, long time. I would say that S2 suffered from having too many guest stars or whatever you’d call the supporting cast. I’m hoping S3 does a bit more new interactions with I’m guessing the dark saber (which means nothing to me, I never watched the animated shows if that is what it’s from) and people coming after it as the next plot mcguffin
    Yeah they dark saber plot dates back to the Clone Wars cartoon. I Disney has the Mandalore arc from the Rebels cartoon on YouTube for free. Their official cancel, not someone repuploading copyright material. Basically stuff has not gone well when the sword was simply given to someone else.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

See what I mean? Anyone that you disagree with is immediately labeled a Nazi.
    Nope. It's not about disagreeing with me, it's about agreeing with anti-Semitism.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Nope. It's not about disagreeing with me, it's about agreeing with anti-Semitism.
    But her tweet wasn't anti-Semitic. It was saying that Leftists are treating anyone that disagrees with them the same as Hitler treated the Jews. That isn't even remotely anti-Semitic. That's literally sympathizing with the Jewish people and saying how current Leftist behavior is eerily similar to Hitler.

I don't know what world you people live in, but it's not the real one.

Off-topic discussion of agendas and social justice are considered derailing in this subforum, and are strictly forbidden. Go to GenOT with this tiresome crap. Cut it out. Further discussion in this vein will be infracted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Off-topic discussion of agendas and social justice are considered derailing in this subforum, and are strictly forbidden. Go to GenOT with this tiresome crap. Cut it out. Further discussion in this vein will be infracted.
    Why are you allowing your current and ex mods doing this? Double standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

I watched the Mandalorian last week. This series was filmed incredibly beautifully.

5+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars fan builds handmade replica ship from "The Mandalorian" in Siberia

Ruptly
    Mar 12, 2021

Mandatory courtesy: 00:00​ – 00:31​ @Just.ayaal

Star Wars fan Ayaal Fedorov created a full size model of a spaceship from The Mandalorian series, as seen in his hometown Yakutsk on Thursday.

The Razor Crest spaceship replica is 14 meters long, 4 meters high and 10 meters wide. Fedorov built it in three months in a rented hangar in Yakutsk.

“I like doing more while talking less. When I started, I just put a team of cosplayers together and we just started. Then when the carcass was ready, we showed it on the Instagram. Some people came up with support, some just didn't support, some others gave advices, some advices were really strange. We read and considered everything,” Fedorov described.

The cosplayer and blogger said that the most difficult part was perhaps to deliver the spaceship from the hangar to an exhibition venue in Urdel park. As the ship doesn't fly, human power had to be used - several dozen men carried the model out of the hangar in their arms, while cranes helped to install the art object.

“We have made it lightweight by using foam rubber, which is light and strong. There are foam rubber and [wooden] bars inside. It looks like it's really heavy, but it's lightweight,” the 28-year-old said.

One more difficulty was that endeavour turned out to be much more expensive then they expected. First they just borrowed money, but then decided to play in higher stakes.

“In the beginning we were fine by ourselves, then I sold my car [to pay the bills] and my friend has helped too. When it was near the end, sponsors contacted with us, I really appreciate that,” Fedorov told.

Now the model appears in Yakutsk's Urdel park on the hill with a panoramic view of the city.

“We plan to film our own version of 'The Mandalorian' TV series, a fan version. There will be a fight with guards, with Yoda and Animatronic, we'll see,” the fan said.

5+ Year Old Account
    oh, that razorcrest was destroyed in a winter storm, harsh winds n stuff..

I don't believe this actress, 2nd time I see she claims that, mando was supposed to join her war, what else would season 3 be about? she must be trying to trick us..

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-b...uture-unknown/
    Bo-Katan may not have the Darksaber by the end of The Mandalorian season 2, but she does look to have a potential future in the series or its various spinoffs. Still, Sackhoff is unsure of what this future could look like. The actress tells Looper that, as of right now, she is unaware of any plans for her character. Sackhoff says that she can imagine some pretty cool stuff that could be in store for Bo-Katan, but she ultimately admits that she is not clued into any plans that her character could potentially be involved in.

"I honestly wish that I could tell you that I knew something. I really don't know. I know where we ended and that's all that I have. I can only use my imagination and hope that we see some pretty cool stuff, but I have no idea."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    oh, that razorcrest was destroyed in a winter storm, harsh winds n stuff..

I don't believe this actress, 2nd time I see she claims that, mando was supposed to join her war, what else would season 3 be about? she must be trying to trick us..

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-b...uture-unknown/
    Bo-Katan may not have the Darksaber by the end of The Mandalorian season 2, but she does look to have a potential future in the series or its various spinoffs. Still, Sackhoff is unsure of what this future could look like. The actress tells Looper that, as of right now, she is unaware of any plans for her character. Sackhoff says that she can imagine some pretty cool stuff that could be in store for Bo-Katan, but she ultimately admits that she is not clued into any plans that her character could potentially be involved in.

"I honestly wish that I could tell you that I knew something. I really don't know. I know where we ended and that's all that I have. I can only use my imagination and hope that we see some pretty cool stuff, but I have no idea."
    What with baby yoda gone and the season ending with Mando in possession of the dark saber, much to the chagrin of Bo Karan, it’s the only sensible place for them to go, really, that isn’t just backtracking or resetting the plot.

The only piece of substantial story that is established and fleshed out in season two that isn’t either wrapped or just setting up some character’s spin off is the outstanding story of mandalore.

She could very well be, either her own discretion or Disney’s, be holding back on revealing any story details. The mandalorian as a whole has been good at keeping actual plot elements in its pocket.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What with baby yoda gone and the season ending with Mando in possession of the dark saber, much to the chagrin of Bo Karan, it’s the only sensible place for them to go, really, that isn’t just backtracking or resetting the plot.

The only piece of substantial story that is established and fleshed out in season two that isn’t either wrapped or just setting up some character’s spin off is the outstanding story of mandalore.

She could very well be, either her own discretion or Disney’s, be holding back on revealing any story details. The mandalorian as a whole has been good at keeping actual plot elements in its pocket.
    This. She'll be under NDA. A rather tight one. I don't think there was any official source saying Dawson would play Ahsoka Tano, just some info 'according to thisorthat magazine'.

5+ Year Old Account
    somewhere i read a rumour that mando would appear on the boba fett show, i hope not, boba should do his own thing, sometimes u can over-mcu-things, i think..

15+ Year Old Account
    somewhere i read a rumour that mando would appear on the boba fett show, i hope not, boba should do his own thing, sometimes u can over-mcu-things, i think..
    The both happen in the same general area of the galaxy so it isn't unreasonable for there to be cross overs and stuff. Din has already been to Tatooine several times so if he goes back it seems very likely he would interact with Boba Fett given what we were shown of BoB so far. (Sitting on the throne of Jabba)

Katie also doesn't have to misleading us because her role could easily been close to Moff Gideon where it is off screen for most of it. So she might not know what the future holds for the character and is just on a retainer. With High Republic coming soon and the rumors of a "time-leap" to the descdents of Rey there might not be much of a need for Mandalorian to be the anchor of new content.

Personally though I hope she sort of gets a spin off. So the Mandalorian can stay the western style adventures while we have a true guerilla warfare show following the Nite Owls.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-04-12 at 08:40 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Personally though I hope she sort of gets a spin off. So the Mandalorian can stay the western style adventures while we have a true guerilla warfare show
    but we'll have that i suppose with the bad batch show? but that maybe doesn't count, cuz it's animated

15+ Year Old Account
    but we'll have that i suppose with the bad batch show? but that maybe doesn't count, cuz it's animated
    I thought bad batch was supposed to be more a mercenary team doing stuff rather then a group fighting for freedom/whatever though looking at the cast it looks like it might be more warfare then I thought. I also didn't realize Fennec Shand wil be on the show. All of their current plans really do tie into Mandalorian somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    The both happen in the same general area of the galaxy so it isn't unreasonable for there to be cross overs and stuff. Din has already been to Tatooine several times so if he goes back it seems very likely he would interact with Boba Fett given what we were shown of BoB so far. (Sitting on the throne of Jabba)

Katie also doesn't have to misleading us because her role could easily been close to Moff Gideon where it is off screen for most of it. So she might not know what the future holds for the character and is just on a retainer. With High Republic coming soon and the rumors of a "time-leap" to the descdents of Rey there might not be much of a need for Mandalorian to be the anchor of new content.

Personally though I hope she sort of gets a spin off. So the Mandalorian can stay the western style adventures while we have a true guerilla warfare show following the Nite Owls.
    My worry is that they’re effectively spinning all their interesting Characters off into their own shows, leaving the mandalorian to, ultimately, be resolved to episodic “character Of the week” pieces, rather than having seasonal or even cross-season arcs that are far more compelling.

Mando is the guy we know, and I’d rather focus on having one good show telling a compelling story with lots of repeating, interesting characters than a bunch of sort of disparate characters ping-ponging around in their own shows.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    My worry is that they’re effectively spinning all their interesting Characters off into their own shows, leaving the mandalorian to, ultimately, be resolved to episodic “character Of the week” pieces, rather than having seasonal or even cross-season arcs that are far more compelling.
    To be fair though that is always how The Mandalorian has been presented. An episodic show. So you'll always have a character of the week type of thing if you want more then a glorified extra.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair though that is always how The Mandalorian has been presented. An episodic show. So you'll always have a character of the week type of thing if you want more then a glorified extra.
    I disagree, in the sense that the seasons each pay off a singular arc while tying back all the interesting characters at the end to be important and play their roll.

I think the “episodic” episodes of the mandalorian are actually the weakest ones, wherein Mando is just doing generic Star Wars things shooting at generic Star Wars baddies in a generic Star Wars hallway. The show has shown it can be, and I believe it should be, better than that.

For instance, ashoka’s episode really didn’t impress me. They were on some nothing planet fighting a faceless enemy so Mando could get shunted off to the next step of his journey and Ashoka could be introduced for her own show and name drop thrawn. Fewer episodes like that, more episodes where Mando fights an acid-breathing space dragon and has to get tusken raiders and tatooine settlers to work together, with the notion that Cobb Vanth could come back in the future and be important.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.