7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    She did meet with people though. She just wouldn't make a public apology recanting her statements. Her claims are that other employees of Disney that made similar politically charged statements did not have the same treatment. It might not be true if the "corrective action" taken by Disney for those other employees was kept private but it within the realm of labor law violations.
    There is at least one that I know did apologize. And several former Disney stars and employees have come out and stated that they were required to take down posts and make apologies. Also, there are differences between her tweets/social media posts and others.

She routinely antagonize people. Where she replied to people and mocked people who were angry at what she said, while playing the victim. If I find out someone was punched by another, that is bad. But if I find out the person who was punched was deliberately poking the person who eventually punched them, I have less sympathy for it.

There is enough evidence out in the general public that shows her argument is shaky at best. And Disney has a lot of possible ways to attack her claims against them. Everything in this suit rings that it is 100% a publicity stunt by her and Elon.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    She did meet with people though. She just wouldn't make a public apology recanting her statements. Her claims are that other employees of Disney that made similar politically charged statements did not have the same treatment. It might not be true if the "corrective action" taken by Disney for those other employees was kept private but it within the realm of labor law violations.
    Not according to her own lawsuit:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...20soon%20after.

The suit details that Carano was required by Disney to meet with a representative from the LGBTQ+ group Glaad after online behaviour that was seen as anti-trans, yet she refused. She was then asked to meet with a group of LGBTQ+ Disney employees but again refused and was fired soon after.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The only person she spoke to was Pedro Pascal, who told her why because of his sibling he supports fully. And Pedro is the star of the show, even with the people claiming Katee Sackhoff took over.

And there are rumors she didn't get along with Favreau. You know the guy who is the producer and head writer for the Mandalorian.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Not according to her own lawsuit:
    Yes. According to her own lawsuit. Instead of using what ever media that keeps giving you false information you might want to just read the actual text of the lawsuit. The interactions soured when she refused to make a public apology for mocking people and claims her publicist was pressured into trying to get her to do so.

https://www.scribd.com/document/7040...arano-v-Disney

75. ...Even when she expressed that Defendants' demands were excessive and asked for some time away from the constant meetings, Defendants refused, demanding that she continue with her "re-education" program. -page 26

76. Defendants even required Carano to meet with representatives of GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Discrimination), a national organization that promotes LGBTQ+ acceptance, something she willingly did. Carano had a very positive discussion with two of their representatives during a 90-minute Zoom meeting, even reviewing several documentaries they asked her to watch...
    -page 26

84. Carano declined to be subjected to a Zoom meeting with 45 other people but did offer to take 5 or 6 to dinner so they could talk face-to-face. Defendants refused the offer.
    -page 27
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not how it works. If she wins the lawsuit (ridiculously huge if)...they would be legally obligated to hire her again. Probably with some legal language about if she's not going to appear as Cara Dune again they have to provide her a role of similar prominence in some other show.

If she wanted more money...she would sue for more money. You don't put "give me my job back" in your lawsuit unless that's what you actually want.
    This is the 'dumbest' part of the lawsuit I REALLY don't get...

I mean I agree with most posters here in that this is a huge reach, there's probably really no case (hence why she had to get Musk's help...) and all that.

But still - WHY THE FUCK would you want to FORCE a company to hire you back who doesn't want you? How good do you think you're going to be treated at a job that is forced to take you back? And a job where you aren't independent, at that. Its not like she's a data analyst who goes back to a cubical and types in numbers all day to never have to deal with anything else. Her job, her future career, /depends/ on writers and showrunners giving her good material!! If they were to be "forced" to hire her on a project, does she really expect that "well bygones are bygones I'm sure my character will have the best writers!" They're going to give her crap parts, with crap writing, on toilet shows, until she quits herself. Is she delusional?

Take the money, take all the money - but don't go make them HIRE YOU BACK?! UGG.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    This is the 'dumbest' part of the lawsuit I REALLY don't get...

I mean I agree with most posters here in that this is a huge reach, there's probably really no case (hence why she had to get Musk's help...) and all that.

But still - WHY THE FUCK would you want to FORCE a company to hire you back who doesn't want you? How good do you think you're going to be treated at a job that is forced to take you back? And a job where you aren't independent, at that. Its not like she's a data analyst who goes back to a cubical and types in numbers all day to never have to deal with anything else. Her job, her future career, /depends/ on writers and showrunners giving her good material!! If they were to be "forced" to hire her on a project, does she really expect that "well bygones are bygones I'm sure my character will have the best writers!" They're going to give her crap parts, with crap writing, on toilet shows, until she quits herself. Is she delusional?

Take the money, take all the money - but don't go make them HIRE YOU BACK?! UGG.
    There's two sides to this.

One is legal strategy - there's various complicated legal reasons to demand restitution like that, and it may put you in a better bargaining position down in the line. If you win a verdict saying they have to hire you back and they really do not want to, that'll become an entirely new negotiation about buying you out. For more than you could have claimed if you'd just sued them for it.

The other is publicity - there's very different optics if you're going after money than if you're going after a job. One says "I'm a greedy opportunist who just wants to squeeze the big company for personal profit" the other says "I'm a poor worker who got manhandled by the big company all I want is to work and do my job and they won't let me". These are not irrelevant in public perception, especially when you're an actor who must care about image for professional reasons; doubly especially when you're a conservative who wants to project a narrative of an honest laborer's plight against the establishment.

People take law suits way too much at face value. You think when someone is suing for TEN BILLION DOLLARS or whatever that is what they actually hope to achieve? These demands and numbers are chosen for very complex reasons, not for some actual, face-value reality.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There's two sides to this.

One is legal strategy - there's various complicated legal reasons to demand restitution like that, and it may put you in a better bargaining position down in the line. If you win a verdict saying they have to hire you back and they really do not want to, that'll become an entirely new negotiation about buying you out. For more than you could have claimed if you'd just sued them for it.

The other is publicity - there's very different optics if you're going after money than if you're going after a job. One says "I'm a greedy opportunist who just wants to squeeze the big company for personal profit" the other says "I'm a poor worker who got manhandled by the big company all I want is to work and do my job and they won't let me". These are not irrelevant in public perception, especially when you're an actor who must care about image for professional reasons; doubly especially when you're a conservative who wants to project a narrative of an honest laborer's plight against the establishment.

People take law suits way too much at face value. You think when someone is suing for TEN BILLION DOLLARS or whatever that is what they actually hope to achieve? These demands and numbers are chosen for very complex reasons, not for some actual, face-value reality.
    Ahh ok so there is a bit of a legal strategy in requesting to be reinstated, and not just going for more money. That does make more sense.

To me the 'publicity' part is ruined for even bringing the lawsuit and how it looks on her, but I can certainly see certain segments of the population perceiving her in that "poor laborer against the big establishment" way, due to asking for the job back.

Not that our court system works this way - but I can't help but have part of my mind feel the right 'punishment' for the frivlaous lawsuit would be to give her part of what she wants (so she 'wins' her case) and make Disney hire her back. Just to give her shit parts that just keep her career stalled due to show scheduling, until she has to quit herself so she can take other jobs.

I mean I didn't even have a personal opinion about this woman before the lawsuit. Guess part of my brain really does now =D.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.