Page 6 of 225 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Ok... Is that important? TFA was basically a remake of A New Hope, and aside from the cantina scene (which was mirrored in the bar/pub scene in TFA) there were barely any aliens in that movie as well.
    Yeah it is. They could have easily had some of the new cast aliens. I mean for fucks sake they made snoke just a tall ugly dude. If you are going to cgi some shit why make it a shitty looking human, use makeup instead if you want them human.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm conflicted, the trailer looks like it could be interesting...but so did TLJ and it turned out to be a massive piece of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Yeah it is. They could have easily had some of the new cast aliens. I mean for fucks sake they made snoke just a tall ugly dude. If you are going to cgi some shit why make it a shitty looking human, use makeup instead if you want them human.
    Not only that....I'll need to dig up the meme...but most of the aliens in the sequel movies are basically brown and leathery looking.

Looks better then the rest of the shit they pushed out. Then again it's just a trailer but i hope it's good.
    Do you hear the voices too?

5+ Year Old Account
    Personally of the two shows I prefer the idea of the Cassian series. Rogue One was great. And I think Mandalorians are overrated. But I'll definitely give it a shot. Oberyn Martell and Fa Mulan kicking ass? Count me in.

It sims that another company after Gillette ... Learn the hard lesson that going woke will send you broke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Also as Hamill pointed out before the movie launched:
    it was far too close to The Last Jedi.
    lol no the movie failed coz fans were pissed off after Last Jedi ... Whoever thinks otherwise must take his head out of his ass ... it is not a hat...

That trailer looks pretty good!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    It sims that another company after Gillette ... Learn the hard lesson that going woke will send you broke.
    What about the trailer is “woke”.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What about the trailer is “woke”.
    Presumably the existence of two black men in it? I mean, it doesn't take much to get someone that drops comments like that to spazz.

The trailer looks brilliant! I cannot wait to watch this!

Not much new to see here, other than armor in a Star Wars property that actually works to protect its wearer. I found it pretty shocking.

mmmm...Yep...this is gonna be on my new watch list for TV shows.
    In addition to Supernatural.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    First episode down, hot takes.

First 10 min, skippable. Its just flat. Costume and design throughout are great though. Lots of visual nodes to the OT.
    They don't do much to introduce the Mandalorians to people who haven't been keeping up with lore. I was worried about the lack of armor but it makes sense.
    I've accepted that this episode is basically an extended version of the trailer. The visuals are really on point. Acting and dialogue have gotten better ~halfway through.
    Something feels off though? What is it? Oh its written exactly like a cartoon/comic book. I'm suddenly enjoying this a lot more. Not sure what to think about the last scene but interesting.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one episode a week? What is this bullcrap?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    It's Disney+, not Netflix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    First episode down, hot takes.

First 10 min, skippable. Its just flat. Costume and design throughout are great though. Lots of visual nodes to the OT.
    They don't do much to introduce the Mandalorians to people who haven't been keeping up with lore. I was worried about the lack of armor but it makes sense.
    I've accepted that this episode is basically an extended version of the trailer. The visuals are really on point. Acting and dialogue have gotten better ~halfway through.
    Something feels off though? What is it? Oh its written exactly like a cartoon/comic book. I'm suddenly enjoying this a lot more. Not sure what to think about the last scene but interesting.
    On the bright side he got his BiS shoulders in the first episode

The Netflix "film as a one X episode story and then drop them all for binging" method has been found wanting. They are going back to episodic, linear TV. While time gaps (a week here) aren't absolutely necessary they do serve to illustrate clearly the nature of the product.

Surely you must've watched TV shows on other platforms than Netflix? Why is this so odd for you?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

So instead of subbing now couldn't one just sub say, after the final episode is available and just binge watch it that month?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    The Netflix "film as a one X episode story and then drop them all for binging" method has been found wanting. They are going back to episodic, linear TV. While time gaps (a week here) aren't absolutely necessary they do serve to illustrate clearly the nature of the product.
    I am sure the idea is it will make people keep an active sub in order to watch week to week but for me it just means I will not bother subbing until the series is complete and then just sub for a month to watch it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Surely you must've watched TV shows on other platforms than Netflix? Why is this so odd for you?
    I have not owned any kind of cable/satellite service in at least 5 years. Everything I watch is via streaming. I guess I just assumed this would be like Netflix and/or Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So instead of subbing now couldn't one just sub say, after the final episode is available and just binge watch it that month?
    Or even better, you could wait until the final episode comes out, and then use the 7 day free trial and binge watch the entire show within 7 days for free.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh