Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rated BG communities

Are these a thing yet? If so, do you guys have any recommendations on them?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Are these a thing yet? If so, do you guys have any recommendations on them?
    not that I am aware, but the RBG community as a whole is quite a toxic community above 2K rating. elitist dbaggery at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    not that I am aware, but the RBG community as a whole is quite a toxic community above 2K rating. elitist dbaggery at its finest
    ^^^^^^^^^This
    Its basically a small circle of people that sell boosts, pretty disappointing that to even get into RBGs everyone seems to require 2k or above in the group finder too. Its like the M+ problem where you can't get into M+ without doing M+ before so that you have a high raiderIO score.

Tichondrius has a few PVP guilds that have a solid RBG community. There are a crapload of elitists out there at the higher ranks, but yeah there are also about 5-10 guilds on Tich where its not total cancer.

Anything above 2.2k is usually a cesspool of toxic players jerking each other off pretending they are way better than they are.

I do think there will be more good players in the pool (mythic raiders who cba to pvp before) because the rewards are actually really good, especially considering the scarcity of azerite.

Thankfully I have a guild group that runs now so I don't have to deal with pug life.
    Last edited by mrquickfoot; 2018-10-08 at 07:10 PM.

its a total shitfest of toxic people. I have had maybe 2 nice runs in rbg so far. Most rbg teams I join is such a horrid experience I dont bother.

Can play Warsong G, horde cap first but its a close match, still people start raging and some leave. Its like doing a random bg but people are toxic AF and the rewards are better.

You guys act like "toxicity" is unique to RBGs. It's the same thing with higher end M+, or Mythic Raiding. It still doesn't stop people from being able to get shit done.

But go ahead and blame "Toxic players" for the reason why you're not 2000/2200/2400/whatever. If that were a legitimate excuse, we would be all Toxic, and nobody would have a high rating.

If you want to actually progress in RBGs you should have the following qualities to make yourself appeal to RBG Communities:
    1) Know the general role your class provides in a BG setting (may be much different than what you thought all along)
    2) Use your mic at appropriate times
    3) Generally chill person who isn't awkward AF to talk to, and doesn't go into a panic-attack every time someone says something to them
    4) Willing to accept criticism and admits they fucked up and learns from their mistakes.

Yeah there's some shit groups out there, and even if you follow the above they can be toxic af, but that's just how it is. Keep playing around with different people until you find a good fit. If you're one of the people on here making stupid excuses why you never hit 2200, I wouldn't want you in my group either.
    Last edited by Frosteye; 2018-10-10 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    This is very true. I've been hardstuck 2100 on my alts and it's a miracle a I got 2200 on my main.

Aim for 2k and enjoy your time with the real players that don't script/kickbot/flyhack/floorhack/laghack/speedhack/etc

Anyone that has gained 2400+ in the past two years either bought the achievement from cheaters or is a cheater themself. I'm not kidding. Most notorious are Astoreal, Bailamos and Skinnyfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    This is very true. I've been hardstuck 2100 on my alts and it's a miracle a I got 2200 on my main.

Aim for 2k and enjoy your time with the real players that don't script/kickbot/flyhack/floorhack/laghack/speedhack/etc

Anyone that has gained 2400+ in the past two years either bought the achievement from cheaters or is a cheater themself. I'm not kidding. Most notorious are Astoreal, Bailamos and Skinnyfiend.
    Spoken like someone who's truly trying to grasp with being capped at 2200.

I see a lot of groups demanding having 2k-2.2k xp but so many of those groups are filled with people who are obviously lying/paid for their achieve or I have to assume are just not cut out for rbgs. I see group leads who bullshit on requirements they don't even have. Invite under-geared and under-experienced friends of theirs to try to get them carried. Or you see groups that require you to have had a certain rating last season, regardless of your ilvl and previous xp. Yeah, It's toxic just like mythic+.

Which reminds me, why the hell can we have raider io but not oqueue? I don't like the whole elite club promoting add on, but at least with oq, you could have an idea of whom you were inviting to a group.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah, it can be hard finding good groups. Between yolo groups and groups you don't qualify for. Oddly enough, I've actually found good groups in yolo where as the ones with higher requirement are often not worth the trouble. Best case scenario - 2k+ group takes a half hour + to get group together and people leave after a win or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Spoken like someone who's truly trying to grasp with being capped at 2200.
    If you havent heard off Astoreal, Bailamos or Skinnyfiend and the hundreds of accounts theyve had banned, then you dont do high level RBG or know the community.

We're all estacic that Blizzard will be implementing HARDWARE bans in the near future.

There are two legitimate 2400 hero teams in the US. Dingle and Skynet. Thats it.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2018-10-12 at 03:54 PM.

If you havent heard off Astoreal, Bailamos or Skinnyfiend and the hundreds of accounts theyve had banned, then you dont do high level RBG or know the community.

We're all estacic that Blizzard will be implementing HARDWARE bans in the near future.

There are two legitimate 2400 hero teams in the US. Dingle and Skynet. Thats it.
    I know who all of them are, and there are a lot more 2400 teams than that considering the people at the top of the ladder are over 3000 right now

Even our casual guild group has people pushing ~2400

Lol like RBGs are any different. You wanna see toxic, immaturity? Join a hardcore mythic raiding guild. At least half of them are a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    I see a lot of groups demanding having 2k-2.2k xp but so many of those groups are filled with people who are obviously lying/paid for their achieve or I have to assume are just not cut out for rbgs. I see group leads who bullshit on requirements they don't even have. Invite under-geared and under-experienced friends of theirs to try to get them carried. Or you see groups that require you to have had a certain rating last season, regardless of your ilvl and previous xp. Yeah, It's toxic just like mythic+.

Which reminds me, why the hell can we have raider io but not oqueue? I don't like the whole elite club promoting add on, but at least with oq, you could have an idea of whom you were inviting to a group.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah, it can be hard finding good groups. Between yolo groups and groups you don't qualify for. Oddly enough, I've actually found good groups in yolo where as the ones with higher requirement are often not worth the trouble. Best case scenario - 2k+ group takes a half hour + to get group together and people leave after a win or two.
    Keep in mind that the game has been out for 14 years now, achievements for 10 years. So someone who got 2.2 back in WOTLK has the achiev, but may be washed af right now

More people than ever have 2200 achievs.

Someone who can link 2k+ from Last season, or something else more recent/relevant, would pique my interest a lot more than some washed up WOTLK noob who got carried 8 years ago.

It's usually pretty easy to tell via someone's armory page if they are washed up or not via their Feats of Strength ... everything from the last couple xpacs shows as a Feat, so I can tell if they have actually kept up with the PVP Meta.

The groups you want to aim for are the ones that have a "core" of at least 4-5 players or more, and they're just filling in the gaps with LFGs. Groups that are 100% pugs are usually doomed for failure . If you want to push into the RBG scene, I highly suggest you make friends with other like-minded pvpers and start running your own groups with them.
    Last edited by Frosteye; 2018-10-12 at 06:12 PM.

I find this whole "toxicity" thing so damn weird. I am playing in an RBG team at 2.4k+, mostly R1 glads and HOTH players, and it is chill and fun. We have a discord channel with around 50 who we have had as pugs in the past, and i also quite often pug high level RBG, and it is pretty relaxed. The time it is not relaxed however, is when someone fucks up basic stuff, then people rage at that person. Which is perfectly understandable, as losing a match because 1/10 fucked up sucks. But it is not much different to raiding/M+ (just look at G'huun pugging when someone fucks up with the orbs). Also, i find it hilarious that some people are so delusional that they think the only way to high high rating is to win-trade...

Keep in mind that the game has been out for 14 years now, achievements for 10 years. So someone who got 2.2 back in WOTLK has the achiev, but may be washed af right now

Someone who can link 2k+ from Last season, or something else more recent/relevant, would pique my interest a lot more than some washed up WOTLK noob who got carried 8 years ago.

It's usually pretty easy to tell via someone's armory page if they are washed up or not via their Feats of Strength ... everything from the last couple xpacs shows as a Feat, so I can tell if they have actually kept up with the PVP Meta.

The groups you want to aim for are the ones that have a "core" of at least 4-5 players or more, and they're just filling in the gaps with LFGs. Groups that are 100% pugs are usually doomed for failure . If you want to push into the RBG scene, I highly suggest you make friends with other like-minded pvpers and start running your own groups with them.
    Very true. Also the fact that someone may have gotten the achievement on another class. But in our group, we are or less go by either having high current/legion experience (on top of high CR ofc), or if they are known by others. The best advice I can give people, is that when you do enter a good group, add as many as you can, and then try to get a network of skilled players. That way it also gets easier to enter groups, as you are known to be good. The vast majority of pugs we ever take are just from someones friend list, or signs up in group finder, and someone goes: "oh, i know that guy, he is good". The opposite also stands, as being a major asshole will often result in others not wanting to play with you.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2018-10-12 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I find this whole "toxicity" thing so damn weird. I am playing in an RBG team at 2.4k+, mostly R1 glads and HOTH players, and it is chill and fun. We have a discord channel with around 50 who we have had as pugs in the past, and i also quite often pug high level RBG, and it is pretty relaxed. The time it is not relaxed however, is when someone fucks up basic stuff, then people rage at that person. Which is perfectly understandable, as losing a match because 1/10 fucked up sucks. But it is not much different to raiding/M+ (just look at G'huun pugging when someone fucks up with the orbs). Also, i find it hilarious that some people are so delusional that they think the only way to high high rating is to win-trade...
    People make excuses for why they are unable to obtain certain things. It's a coping mechanism for sucking at the game.

I also find most high/high-ish CR rbgs to be pretty chill for the most part.

I think in regards to having that odd-man (1/10) on the team who makes a mistake, yeah people can be quick to jump on them for messing up, but sometimes it's really not a big deal. You can usually tell if that person just had a one-off derp moment (happens), or whether they are actually just not that great of a player.

I know who all of them are, and there are a lot more 2400 teams than that considering the people at the top of the ladder are over 3000 right now

Even our casual guild group has people pushing ~2400
    That must be new to BFA. I stopped near the end of 7.3 (Legion). Sounds like Blizzard purposely inflated the points for hero achieve. Guess I'll resume RBG's then.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2018-10-12 at 08:55 PM.

Speaking of toxic players...

That must be new to BFA. I stopped near the end of 7.3 (Legion). Sounds like Blizzard purposely inflated the points for hero achieve. Guess I'll resume RBG's then.
    Hero is independent from rating inflation, you still have to be at the top .5% of the bracket. It does devalue the rating-based achievs though (Marshal, FM, GM,etc.)

But yeah Hero was close to 2500 back in Legion, it's probably over 2600 right now. On horde it's got to be over 2700.

Can't tell for sure since the cutoffs aren't listed anymore (weird).

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    Speaking of toxic players...
    Want a tissue?
    Last edited by Frosteye; 2018-10-12 at 09:43 PM.

everyone is savage here