Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Or can I? I remember going to the pet vendors in Dalaran at the Pet Shop like a month ago and it still having pets obtainable ONLY with the OLD currency.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=284616/...shed-pet-charm

Toys and Pets that required charms in Legion still require the old charms. It was only the upgrade stones and the pocket portal that were moved to require the new stones.

But YES there are those of us out here that just really like little pets - and don't like the pokemon stuff! *hrumps*
    You should also be fine with not collecting everything then. You wouldn't have any of the Celestial Tourney pets or Deadmines. Those took a lot more leveling and strategies to finish (at least Celestial Tourney). Doing World Quests even as someone who doesn't like pet battles is relatively easy. It only requires a dozen or so pets at 25 and you can find strategies on wowhead of Xu-Fu for all of the battles.

It really is not a big deal that 6 pets for a Faction are locked behind both rep and charms. You can buy those pets off the AH if you really want to. It is six pets out of the all the pets they added. No complaints about having to grind island expeditions for pets? Out of all the things to complain about as a collector having to use charms for 6-12 pets is dumb.

No complaint about achievements in dungeons? 1 million gold? etc. Don't pull the collector card when the effort to collect what you are complaining about is miniscule compared to all the other requirements to collect them all.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vims View Post
    For the "impossible" wqs just use lvl 1 pets, the WQs scale to highest pet

Oh I didn't know this.. I was using my 25 pets this whole time. I am assuming they give exp also? lots of wasted lvling opportunity..

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=284616/...shed-pet-charm

Toys and Pets that required charms in Legion still require the old charms. It was only the upgrade stones and the pocket portal that were moved to require the new stones.

You should also be fine with not collecting everything then. You wouldn't have any of the Celestial Tourney pets or Deadmines. Those took a lot more leveling and strategies to finish (at least Celestial Tourney). Doing World Quests even as someone who doesn't like pet battles is relatively easy. It only requires a dozen or so pets at 25 and you can find strategies on wowhead of Xu-Fu for all of the battles.

It really is not a big deal that 6 pets for a Faction are locked behind both rep and charms. You can buy those pets off the AH if you really want to. It is six pets out of the all the pets they added. No complaints about having to grind island expeditions for pets? Out of all the things to complain about as a collector having to use charms for 6-12 pets is dumb.

No complaint about achievements in dungeons? 1 million gold? etc. Don't pull the collector card when the effort to collect what you are complaining about is miniscule compared to all the other requirements to collect them all.
    I never pulled the collector card. I never said I needed them all. I don't. I have like..less than 300 pets. None of them higher than level 6. (And only three level 6s...)

I never had an issue with pets as rewards from achievements, dungeons, etc. Because it wasn't/isn't "get this achievement and come up with 200 tokens too!"

I do have issues with IE - the RNG upon RNG means I'm not touching that content for any reason until I can solo it next expansion . Because no I'm not gonna grind hours in a pug for the chance that a pet will one day drop - much less all the other stuff to get in there. Ugg. Hate grinding . But that's not what this thread is about.

I am glad to hear old tokens work for the older content - I was very confused by the Dalaran pet shop. Course also means I gotta go back to Legion (no biggy though) to get a few more tokens as I don't have enough yet. So yeaa! Means I can still use them! *whew*

I ONLY have a problem with rep + charms - because the rewards for rep grind are suppose to be the rewards for THAT grind. We don't have to have upteen other currencies to buy the mount, tabard, gear, etc. that are rep rewards (as they have always been - just for gold too). But for no good reason at all, now the pets require an additional currency. They aren't extra special pets with special abilities. The work has been done to unlock the reward - so just fricken give us the reward (as it has been in the past).

Because for a pet battler - sure "a dozen or so" level 25 pets may be easy - but as I don't even have one, that is not easy. I have one level 25-pet-token and I've saved it because I don't know what the best "single" pet is to have at level 25!

Yea, I can buy IE pets on the AH - I looked last night - most of them over 100K in gold. I'm not a rich player. And this thread isn't about that. Are the rep pets not BOP? Or don't require the rep to have them out? I'll look into that - though I doubt they're affordable (yet!)

So no, I have no issue not having all the pets. I'm not trying to collect every single one of them. So I am fine with ones I have always chosen not to pursue due to RNG/Dungeon grind/whatever.

I just want the rep reward pets to be REP rewards, like they always have been. So I can get a *few* of the new pets.

Because there's plenty of us players who like pets for pets sake, since day one - but who don't care to play pokemon.

There was *no* reason to put these six/12/whatever pets behind another grind wall (no matter how easy someone thinks the grind is, its still grind) - when the vast majority of pets in game already require pet battles (of some sort) to obtain (as they are only tameable). It was nice for hte rest of us to just be able to buy a pet, with gold, once we got to that rep level.

So taking it away sucks. It wont' change and I'll keep doing mission tables until I have enough tokens for the ones I want to bother with and I'll skip over the rest as I always have. But it still sucks and they had no real reason to change it other than to force more grind for grind's sake. Changing the tokens to a new one along with now having token costs on things that are already unlocked with other activities- no purpose than to force more grind for grind's sake.

And /that/ always sucks.

Put the pets on a charm vendor (like the pet store) where you have to unlock nothing else but have the charms. Great!
    Put the rep rewards on the rep vendor - and rep rewards shouldn't have anything else to to get them but meeting the rep goal. Also great!

Rep Requirements + Charm Requirements - booooo....
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

It is definitely a bit annoying that a bunch of pets are locked behind reps and you need pet charms to buy them. This makes reputations feel worse. If such a thing is possible.

This certainly isn't in my top.... thirty?... things that are wrong with the game right now, and I wouldn't make a thread about it, but I respect that your mileage varies.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I find the complaint about reputation a bit ridiculous. You didn't grind exalted so you could buy pets, it was simply a side effect. At least on your main character, getting exalted isn't something you can realisticly avoid even if you tried.
    Last edited by Beace; 2018-10-20 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    This. And even if they weren't BOA you would still be getting #of120s*tokens per day

2 120s get 200 tokens at the same time = 2 200 token pets

but don't listen to me, keep QQing so they add more ways to get tokens to make my life easier
    I get that. But the problem is bfa sucks so bad, I can't even stomach playing the one 120 I do have, never mind leveling up more. If the scaling thing wasn't so stupid, maybe I would do it. But leveling classes I don't like to get a 120 just for pet charms? Nah, I'm good.

Also I agree, why are rep pets needing charms, they should require gold like every other xpac and we should have a special vendor with special pet battle stuff for charms...SPECIAL. That's what us Pet Collectors are

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I get that. But the problem is bfa sucks so bad, I can't even stomach playing the one 120 I do have, never mind leveling up more. If the scaling thing wasn't so stupid, maybe I would do it. But leveling classes I don't like to get a 120 just for pet charms? Nah, I'm good.
    You will have to level a second 120 in order to gain the other factions reptuation pets. There are 3 unique pets per faction and 3 neutral faction pets. Everything else involved in collecting battle pets means this is a non issue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Also I agree, why are rep pets needing charms, they should require gold like every other xpac and we should have a special vendor with special pet battle stuff for charms...SPECIAL. That's what us Pet Collectors are
    I've seen this mentioned before, having stuff gated behind rep and requiring a "special" (not gold) currency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You will have to level a second 120 in order to gain the other factions reptuation pets. There are 3 unique pets per faction and 3 neutral faction pets. Everything else involved in collecting battle pets means this is a non issue.
    I'm going to level both factions regardless and the currency is BoA so it doesn't affect me, but for people who only play one faction I can see this being really frustrating.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate them too. You need too many of them, and needing rep + tokens is stupid.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Being an altoholic helps, and note that some of the pets can be caged, if you really want to buy them with gold.

Pet charms are BOA and the battles scale to highest level pet.

Whilst I believe that pets locked behind rep shouldn't cost charms, all other pets should to make them stand apart from all the pets you can simply catch in the world.

xu_Fu search it.

the "fights" are silly easy now.

IF you don't have pets spend some coin on the AH, do a few easy Legion pet dailys and most of all get your draenor pet menagerie on the day Deebs/tyre are there you can max out 20+ pets.

I HATED pet crap but farmed it for AP/Rep in Legion. Xu-Fu

Already bought a bunch of pets (think I've got most reputation ones by now) and currently holding over 930 charms. Could have had hundreds more if I had bothered to clear WQs on my 2 alts more rigorously.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I see where you're coming from, but it's actually pretty fun to level pets, so I like that the rewards aren't easy to get. If you could just buy the pets with gold, I think it would trivialize the entire point of the system since the rewards wouldn't really matter as much imo.
    you CAN buy the pets with gold on the AH so yeah. most of pet collecting is either annoying grind or soending $$s on AH with a few exceptions like timeless isle tournament

Deleted
    I don't mind the new charms. But I am very angry about hiding pets which you get from questing and rep grinds behind the vendors and horrendous pricing. If you don't have alts, you need weeks to buy all pets. Heck, I am not even done with all of them, and now I already have 4 characters at 120 to do pet battle quests which reward charms and grab occasional ones from missions. And I have not bought a single upgrade stone with these, though I pretty much used up all my stockpiled ones from Legion.

I agree, that's annoying. Everything unlocked upon reaching a certain rep level should be purchasable for gold.

I wouldn't say I'm "very angry" about it, there are many bigger problems with BFA than this, but diff'rent strokes.

I have at least six stacks of Pet Charms and nothing to do with them. I bought every Pet and Toy I could with them.

Yes, I'm bragging. It helps to plan it out ahead of time so it takes less time to unlock the Quest-locked ones.

They put a lot of emphasis on reducing the need for a hoard of alts compared to legion with the nerfing of mission tables and special reagent WQs like the bacon and felwort. Feels weird that they'd make the pet charms only obtainable from like 3 WQs.

I'd be content if they just made them obtainable from the pet dungeons and celestial tournament. Those aren't any easier now!

That and letting you spend the old charms on basic stuff like pet bandages, just not the level up/rare tokens.

BFA is the worst expansion for pets imo and thats even including the expansions before pet battles became a thing.

Deleted
    Reputation vendors should have been bought with gold instead of pet charms