Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    You did realize my post was directed at someone saying fix MM by not playing it with the usual BM whining about having to stand still ever? May I suggest you take on that post if you're feeling combative?

Obviously the Aimed cast time is too high, same for Shitty Shot (side note, I love how everyone jumped me for saying in alpha we'd be spamming it and looky there...) considering its damage. BFA Trick Shot also blows, it would have been nice to have the Warbelt baked in instead.
    The only thing you did was mention that planning movement isn't hard, even though the dude you quoted never said it was.
    So you did not direct that at anybody.

And since AiS isn't about planning movement in it's current form... what exactly where you going for.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-10-26 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    The only thing you did was mention that planning movement isn't hard, even though the dude you quoted never said it was.
    So you did not direct that at anybody.
    I see. Quoting someone no longer counts as replying to them.

Let me try once more to walk you through it. Poster uses typical BM rhetoric about MM, complaining about having to stand still. I reply that the post was not constructive and make a "Damn kids, in my day" joke that any idiot should recognize as a non-serious response. For some reason, you seem to be driven to not only take it seriously, but argue with me about Aimed cast time WHEN I NEVER MENTIONED IT. Do you really have nothing better to do than nitpick and ignore context? You do understand you're complaining about a non-serious mention of stutter stepping , compared to a post literally saying the fix for MM is not to play it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I see. Quoting someone no longer counts as replying to them.

Let me try once more to walk you through it. Poster uses typical BM rhetoric about MM, complaining about having to stand still. I reply that the post was not constructive and make a "Damn kids, in my day" joke that any idiot should recognize as a non-serious response. For some reason, you seem to be driven to not only take it seriously, but argue with me about Aimed cast time WHEN I NEVER MENTIONED IT. Do you really have nothing better to do than nitpick and ignore context? You do understand you're complaining about a non-serious mention of stutter stepping , compared to a post literally saying the fix for MM is not to play it?
    I didn't ignore you context at all.

His post was not about planning movement. *You* started it.
    I only mentioned that his problem is probably not about planning movement and that your "joke" is also irrelevant because it doesn't have to do anything with MM's problem.

He:
    "It sucks that I'm forced to stand still for so long - and I'm not even rewarded with a big (enough) oomph"

You:
    "lul planning movement isn't hard" --> ????
    Then you mentioned a joke about stutter stepping, but stutter stepping doesn't even involve planning movement ahead of time -> ????

If I have to move to the other side of a room for the next ability, then I can do so with MM just as well as I can do it with BM or any other class in the game. Realistic, modern WoW game mechanics involve immeadiate actions and are random 90% of the time. If a circle spawns under me and I started AiS 0,5s ago, there is nothing I can do but cancel it- while at the same time many classes/specs would probably be able to squeeze that cast out and escape the AoE effect in time. This game isn't WotLK/BC anymore, where I could ignore the next mechanic by standing at the right spot and moving between these spots with GCDs without casttime.

You do understand you're complaining about a non-serious mention of stutter stepping , compared to a post literally saying the fix for MM is not to play it?
    I didn't complain at all, I'm pointing out that planning movement has nothing to do with it in current MM/BFA.
    There is nothing to plan for when trash abilities are on a sub 3s timer for each mob and I need to step away from puddles or switch targets in the middle of a cast that takes so long to cast that you can't do mechanics no matter when/where you start casting.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-10-26 at 04:42 PM.

I'd take away all the cast times and just be locked by GCD....but that's me and I'm biased and it would be way overpowered I think. The utility that pets bring needs to be integrated into lone wolf somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Bullshit you didnt need weak aura's at all I've never used Aura's and it never stopped me topping the dps meters again learn2play issue thats your fucking problem.
    Link your char pls.

I have a Legion M+ video on my PC because I clipped it on accident.

After watching it..I still don't understand how anyone could dislike that spec in Legion.
    Firstly, spec was dead till NH.
    No AOE without belt, no ST without ring, frustrating gameplay with vulnerable window,choosing between ST or AOE talents.
    Last edited by Aesde; 2018-10-26 at 08:22 PM.

Multishot needs to be a hard hitting spender, thats all. How hard is it to implement? Make it cost 30 focus and hit for 40% of AiS. Trickshot is bullshit. Why BM need 1 button to AoE and MM have such gimmick mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    Why BM need 1 button to AoE and MM have such gimmick mechanic?
    One could almost think that there's different mechanics for different specs and different classes mhmmm...

MM feels pretty good ST (Taloc, MOTHER, FD, Zul), if you have two Steady Aim pieces and enough pieces to not have to reforge when you switch to BM for any fight that requires cleave on two targets or massive bursts during specific phases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aesde View Post
    Firstly, spec was dead till NH.
    No AOE without belt, no ST without ring, frustrating gameplay with vulnerable window,choosing between ST or AOE talents.
    What are you talking about? MM was good before NH.

The opening of NH was the most catastrophic window for MM hunters throughout the entirety of Legion. Antorus wasn't a fun time either considering an Arcanocrystal was almost mandatory for top performance and the ToS 2-set would make you stand at around 6.5M HP. Other classes easily went beyond 7M in comparison.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-10-26 at 08:45 PM.

all abilities instant

Aimed Shot needs to be castable on the move, maybe a buff that if you're still for x seconds, next aimed shot is usable on the move.

Trick Shots needs to be fixed. It needs trigger from hitting 2+ targets instead of 3+ targets. It needs to remove the 5 target cap on aimed shot and raise the target cap on rapid fire, maybe even remove it also.

That would fix MM for the most part, in PvE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    MM feels pretty good ST (Taloc, MOTHER, FD, Zul), if you have two Steady Aim pieces and enough pieces to not have to reforge when you switch to BM for any fight that requires cleave on two targets or massive bursts during specific phases.
    Do you really enjoy spamming steady shot like that? I honestly don't think otherwise you can say it feels pretty good.

Maybe it does pretty good damage on ST, but it certainly doesn't feel good spamming ~4 SS on average back to back
    The whole Lethal Shot thing is especially annoying in the opener.

I think it's mechanically way to simple right now and it doesn't flow well either with the steady shot spam.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-10-27 at 10:48 AM.

Do you really enjoy spamming steady shot like that? I honestly don't think otherwise you can say it feels pretty good.

Maybe it does pretty good damage on ST, but it certainly doesn't feel good spamming ~4 SS on average back to back
    The whole Lethal Shot thing is especially annoying in the opener.

I think it's mechanically way to simple right now and it doesn't flow well either with the steady shot spam.
    I definitely don't and I enjoyed the vulnerable iteration a lot more, but at least MM is viable for ST fights. This will be gone in the next patch too cos of lethal shots talent changes, so I'm simply making the most of it now. At least there's this one ST talent path you can build around when it comes to gear.

Basically I would like WOTLK MM back..Could add a proc to reset Aimed shot or Chim shot or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    Why BM need 1 button to AoE and MM have such gimmick mechanic?
    Because BM would have to try otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    What are you talking about? MM was good before NH.
    U mean at WOD I suppose?

Before NH we have downtimes in rotation, bad ST, uncontrolled AOE, ninja pulls with snakes and barage, rng damage window, bad switching.
    Ye, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesde View Post
    U mean at WOD I suppose?

Before NH we have downtimes in rotation, bad ST, uncontrolled AOE, ninja pulls with snakes and barage, rng damage window, bad switching.
    Ye, very good.
    There was very little downtime, which was great for positioning. Barrage pulled only if you didn't learn how to position and the only time a decent player would ninja pull was when there were flying enemies above them because the cone was vertical too (ie dragons above Fenryr).

ST was indeed underwhelming if you didn't have the necessary gear (early arcanocrystal + boots), but the AoE damage was amazing.

It wasn't the best, but MM was more competitive during EN than it was at the release of NH. The opening of the NH was one of the biggest shitshows for MM during Legion.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-10-28 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Bring back Legion MM.

Fun in AoE and ST.

And let all the retarded spergs GIT GUD instead of remaking the whole spec to the abonomation it is now.

Remove half (or more) of the modifiers/procs for aimed shot and increase the base damage of all 3 shots primary shots (SS, AS and AiS).

AFTER 8.1 hotfixes are implemented.

I'd like to kick it back to WoD or Cata, and then blend in some old SV for good measure. Build/spend gameplay, Aimed Shot as a focus dump around a signature shot like Explosive Shot. Build layers on top of that simple premise, maybe harvest Double Tap from the talent tree as a Shadow Dance-like thing to play around.

Overall though delete Lethal Shots, make Precise Shots give a consistent buff (not 1-2, pick one) and make Trick Shots trigger by just casting Multi-Shot. Not like it's going to do anything on a single target anyhow.

Am I the only one liking the concept of MM right now? Sure we need some quality of life changes and some fine tuning. But the spec feels more archery than before and it has a solid interactive gameplay over the RNG gameplay of Legion...