Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How would you fix MM?

I have been playing BM and just kinda screwed around with MM for a bit and the talent choices are just so boring.

First row I guess is ok. I'd buff Serpent Sting to make doting a desirable part of the tool kit.

2nd row is dookie: Careful aim should always buff Aimed dot crit chance and damage bonus no matter target health.
    Volley should bring back original channeled volley and do nice damage or simply buff multishot damage.
    Explosive shot should be a simple shot with added aoe damage and not have any activation shenanigans

Row 3: row is fine I guess but Trail blazer should just be permanent 10% foot speed and mount speed increase

Row 4: GROSS... Steady focus should be a flat haste buff to all attacks for a few seconds when you use it 2 or more times in a row.
    streamline? i don't even know, it's just boring but buffs a big cooldown so fine.
    Hunter Mark is cool but would be better for raid utility if all other ranged damage benefited at least.

Row 5: Born to be Wild = GARBAAAAGE. just replace with something else
    post haste and binding shot are fine

Row 6: I guess they are at least interesting a little bit

Row 7: Calling the shots is boring, replace with something else
    Lock and load procs should be based on aimed shot crits and not simple 5% off autoshots
    Piercing shots should be sunder armor debuff that is added to aim shot

Just spit balling. what would you guys do?

Remove the shitty restriction on Trick Shots, for one thing, and bake in the Legion Warbelt's effect.

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    First row I guess is ok. I'd buff Serpent Sting to make doting a desirable part of the tool kit.
    Multi-dotting, I assume?

2nd row is dookie: Careful aim should always buff Aimed dot crit chance and damage bonus no matter target health.
    Volley should bring back original channeled volley and do nice damage or simply buff multishot damage.
    Explosive shot should be a simple shot with added aoe damage and not have any activation shenanigans
    Legion Volley and Explosive Shot would be nice, but they screwed with both and broke both.

Row 4: GROSS... Steady focus should be a flat haste buff to all attacks for a few seconds when you use it 2 or more times in a row.
    Oh please God, don't let them read this and bring back that damned maintenance buff. Steady Focus used to be like that, Steady x2 for a haste buff with a very short duration. You spammed the everloving hell out of Shitty Shot.

streamline? i don't even know, it's just boring but buffs a big cooldown so fine.
    The problem is you only use this in VERY heavy AoE.

Hunter Mark is cool but would be better for raid utility if all other ranged damage benefited at least.
    The original Hunter's Mark was shared, and someone would spec Improved Mark to boost the damage bonus at the cost of personal dps. Given M+, if they make Mark shared, it should be baseline.

Row 6: I guess they are at least interesting a little bit
    Barrage is currently useless, Double Tap is clunky while on the GCD, and Lethal Shots is why we currently spam Shitty Shot.

Row 7: Calling the shots is boring, replace with something else
    Lock and load procs should be based on aimed shot crits and not simple 5% off autoshots
    Piercing shots should be sunder armor debuff that is added to aim shot
    Calling the Shots should be baseline. Your LnL change would completely alter our stat priority and fight against Lethal Shots. If Piercing brings back Sunder/Colossus/Vulnerable, it instantly becomes mandatory.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2018-10-07 at 04:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    Just spit balling. what would you guys do?
    hire a new dev that doesnt overhaul the spec every xpac

revert all class design changes back to MoP across the board.
    done.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    done.
    100% agree, especially for tanks. MoP was the most fun raiding was in the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    done.
    Fix MM by reverting to the class design where MM was rock bottom. Brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    Dont change anything from Legion. It was good, newbs just had to l2p with vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Fix MM by reverting to the class design where MM was rock bottom. Brilliant.
    Tuning/numbers issue.

Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    Dont change anything from Legion. It was good, newbs just had to l2p with vulnerable.
    They could have just removed vulnerable and buffed base damage, but instead they completely changed everything for no reason...

Deleted
    To fix MM they'd have to fix some of the talents too.
    They won't do that until the next xpac, of that I'm certain.

MM has a lot of passive % based bullshit, it's the worst kind of talent there is.

Blizzard even admitted it themselves and said that RNG% talents are bad design, so I have absolutely no clue why they introduced even more stuff like that to MM.

Reverting back to MoP/WoD/Legion whatever won't help either, at least for me, I don't want to play a spec I've played for 4 years already.
    So some change is always needed, I just don't know what they thought MM could achieve like this.

So in short, they should start with fixing talents first. Explosive shot and lethal shots (or whatever the proc fishing shit is called) are the biggest offenders right now.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-10-07 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    This. Legion MM was awesome. AoE was perfect.

Chimaera Shot should be part of the MM again. Played a bit MM in WoD and it was awesome

I dont care about talent choices, but il go over how id like MM to play

1- Charges on aimed shot gone. What an abomination.
    2- Arcane shot gone. Useless skill.

No target restrictions, multishot makes your aimed shot and rapid fire to ricochet to targets hit for x% of the damage, that way we have 2 target cleave and dont suck dick and AoE.

Now you deal with 3 skills, you have a methodical gameplay of building focus and spending focus, with rapid fire for cleave / when you need to move, make truesot the same as before, no charge bullshit, just gives you a bunch of haste, ideally crit damage like in legion but thats never going to happen.

Now you have a base specc thats simple to play, has some cleave, has good AoE, isnt a drag to play with those fucking charges and fucking arcane shot, and a cooldown thats actually meaningfull.

From there you can add on whatever, lock and load for extra fun, explosive shot, crows, steady focus would work much better, etc.

If im really daydreaming, id go for killshot back, not that it adds anything beyond an extra button, but it was super fucking nice to crit with it, made you feel like an absolute cannon

Man i miss my specc

Also forgot to add the part where they make lone wolf properly usefull

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    This. Legion MM was awesome. AoE was perfect.
    Yea i also agree here, late legion MM was probably one of the best iterations of MM we had
    Last edited by IamFrostwyrm; 2018-10-07 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IamFrostwyrm View Post
    I dont care about talent choices, but il go over how id like MM to play

1- Charges on aimed shot gone. What an abomination.
    2- Arcane shot gone. Useless skill.

No target restrictions, multishot makes your aimed shot and rapid fire to ricochet to targets hit for x% of the damage, that way we have 2 target cleave and dont suck dick and AoE.

Now you deal with 3 skills, you have a methodical gameplay of building focus and spending focus, with rapid fire for cleave / when you need to move, make truesot the same as before, no charge bullshit, just gives you a bunch of haste, ideally crit damage like in legion but thats never going to happen.

Now you have a base specc thats simple to play, has some cleave, has good AoE, isnt a drag to play with those fucking charges and fucking arcane shot, and a cooldown thats actually meaningfull.

From there you can add on whatever, lock and load for extra fun, explosive shot, crows, steady focus would work much better, etc.

If im really daydreaming, id go for killshot back, not that it adds anything beyond an extra button, but it was super fucking nice to crit with it, made you feel like an absolute cannon

Man i miss my specc

- - - Updated - - -

Yea i also agree here, late legion MM was probably one of the best iterations of MM we had
    Yeah, it was. And agree with the points you made here to make the spec flow better. The MM we have in BfA is just weird. Charges on Aimed Shot and how it plays today is awful imo.

They should do something with BM aoe too... Its almost impossible to be competitive in mm+ aoe when target are a little spread

I don't play hunter often but legion MM was most fun for me. Now it's clunky and simple meh.

Didn't like the Vulnerable. You shouldn't do DPS based on RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    There was nothing RNG about vulnerability if you had trouble keeping the buff up that was more of a learn to play issue.
    It was total RNG proc stop spreading bullshit. It also required weakaura to be able to do DPS.

Legion MM could have been good if they removed vulnerable (and buffed base damage to compensate for it's removal) and made aimed castable on the move.

But if you compare WoD MM and Legion MM without fixes mentioned above, WoD one was a lot better, especially last tier. AOE was lacking, but that's numbers/tuning issue that could be easily fixed.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2018-10-07 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    There was nothing RNG about vulnerability if you had trouble keeping the buff up that was more of a learn to play issue.
    Your auto-attack has a chance to make your next Arcane Shot apply Hunters Mark.

That’s rng, when you can’t control it.
    I also don’t like damage windows unless it’s a cooldown. Stuff like Colossus smash or the legion ret mastery.

I didn’t like MM Legion outside of AoE. But I like it more than BFA, it says something.
    Last edited by Tyze; 2018-10-07 at 03:22 PM.

Just revert to MOP.

MM
    surv
    ele
    ret
    sp
    affli
    holadin
    ALL tanks
    FROST MAGES (I miss shatter play)

you may add more you wish.