Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

BfA's Plot Device is not about Faction War or Old Gods: It is Prison Break

Title says it all. BfA's major plot device and probably what is the expansion all about.

No I'm not talking about the TV Series or the thing you do with your gadgets like IPhone.

From saving Saurfang and freeing Talanji and Zul.

Freeing Jaina after being imprisoned in her homeland.

To putting and end in Ashvane's treason and piracy thus she and her gang get imprisoned only to be jail broken by Azshara and her nagas...

To N'Zoth's jail break soon to finally be realized!

Or liberating Mythraxx too inside his Voldun prison.

How would it connect with Vol'jin's mysterious break free from his "soul prison" urn and we found out it was empty?
    Don't tell me the jailors too will somehow get involved i.e.

Bolvar

And Illidan?

- - - Updated - - -

Updated OP with relevant videos for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-08-27 at 07:00 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's an interesting observation.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

I mean sure there's been a lot of "prison breaks" but it's an old god expansion man.

10+ Year Old Account
    To putting and end in Ashvane's treason and piracy thus she and her gang get imprisoned only to be jail broken by Azshara and her nagas...
    wait..where does that happen?
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    I mean sure there's been a lot of "prison breaks" but it's an old god expansion man.
    Isnt the Old God in a prison he trying to break out from?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    wait..where does that happen?
    I made a comment in the other popular site which is a handy website to visit, wowhead's post and Perculia replied..
    Quote Originally Posted by wowhead user DuckerOfficial
    Quote Originally Posted by wowhead vertigo12 account
    The monotous "happy voice" narration when the mood is about fear, nightmare is off putting for an analysis shows there is no connection being made;it feels too detached. All it needs is a white facepaint, red lipstick and we have the Joker reference at your screen.

I can see Ashvane, the Ursula of 8.1 raid as boss if not the the final boss.
    We're fighting Azshara in the second raid tier, confirmed by Ion, it would be ludicrous if she was not the final boss. I doubt Ashvane would be able to join Azshara, because she's a little bit 'in prison'. The only way I see Ashvane being a boss in the second tier is if Azshara breaks her out of prison somehow, which isn't too out of question, but what would Azshara see in Ashvane? Ashvane has no special power, she was just a leader of some pirates, and she instantly surrendered once she had seen the Kul'tiran fleet, so it's not like she has some crazy resolve that Azshara might admire.

TL;DR, I don't see Ashvane being a raid boss.
    It was stated "we could be fighting her", however, no exact details have been mentioned. It could be the same as to how we encounter her in CoT CatA dungeon [zone=5788]. It could be also just like how we deal with [npc=114263] but we won't slay her. Or she may end up as Mythic only boss. She may also interact with us the way Arthas the LK played out in ICC dungeons and the raid itself as voice overs.

If we are going to deal with someone for mid tier 8.1 raid it wouldn't be Azshara and someone more disposable at her behalf then without a doubt Ashvane is one of those names in the wanted list.

She has connection with Legion epilogue of Azerite and a character relevant with the on going first half of the month in BfA. She's basically an antagonist in this expac it's unlikely we won't have any sort of encounter against her.

and FYI aside from the faction war, BfA is pretty much all about PRISON BREAK.
    Quote Originally Posted by wowhead site director Perculia

Back in the alpha, Ashvane was the final boss of Siege and had quotes about asking Azshara to grant her power to destroy the city. Their partnership could be saved as an 8.1 reveal (or scrapped because it didn't work).
    They're definitely pulling that back to the drawing board because it would prematurely cut off the festive mood of Jaina's homecoming party and ascendancy as new Admiral . It's a wise move to salvage that section for a good old vengeance plot thickening sauce once Azshara joins the fray.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Isnt the Old God in a prison he trying to break out from?
    Unfortunately the said prison is Azeroth both as a Titan and planet. The only way for N'Zoth and other old gods to break free from imprisonment is if they also experience the same thing that Y'Shaarj have gone through and that simply means being uprooted like a weed then die horribly.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-08-27 at 08:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    snip
    i probably should have been more specific, i ment the naga jailbreak of Ashvane. has that happend yet? when/how/where? must've missed it.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    i probably should have been more specific, i ment the naga jailbreak of Ashvane. has that happend yet? when/how/where? must've missed it.
    Nope you haven't missed anything. The event didn't happened yet but most likely it will as a prologue to 8.1 raid as somehow Perculia mentions a 8.1 reveal... Take it with a grain of salt but I'm betting my fortune that the upcoming Blizzcon 8.1 WoW:BfA reveal in November might head in this direction. Ashvane is reeking with Lil Mermaid Ursula vibe.

It's highly likely that Azshara's nagas will be sent to her aid so she can break free so she can have her vengeance upon the Kul'tiras nation she betrayed. After all Azshara is also recruiting her "allies" with the likes of House Waycrest, Ashvane, and Zul.

I think Abyssal Maw would be the mid tier raid and not Naz'jatar. They might steal Neptulon's trident too which might be already in someone else's possession.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-08-27 at 08:33 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What will happen after we face G'huun, we will soon find out. Will killing him really end him once and for all or will it cause unforeseen waves of more events which will be greviously problematic or worse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately the said prison is Azeroth both as a Titan and planet. The only way for N'Zoth and other old gods to break free from imprisonment is if they also experience the same thing that Y'Shaarj have gone through and that simply means being uprooted like a weed then die horribly.
    Azeroth isn't the prison, it's the host as Old Gods are giant parasites seeking to corrupt the World Soul. We won't have another Y'shaarj moment either unless another Titan arrises elsewhere and decides to rip N'zoth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    I made a comment in the other popular site which is a handy website to visit, wowhead's post and Perculia replied..

- - - Updated - - -

...That's..not correct. At all. Azeroth isn't a prison, and the Old Gods aren't it's prisoners. The Old Gods are parasites sent to Azeroth by the Void Lords to corrupt any potential planet with a world soul, transform it into a Void Titan, and use it as a method of ripping open the boundaries between our realm, and the Void Realm, so the Void Lords can come through and presumably use the Void Titan as a living battery to sustain themselves while in our universe.

When the Old Gods originally came to Azeroth, they turned it into a nightmarish world that reflected themselves. When the Titans arrived and saw the deep corruption in the planet, their first idea was to rip the Parasites out, but in doing so, they quickly learned that would kill Azeroth (as ripping Y'shaarj out very nearly did that). The Titans had no other solution to how to kill the Old Gods without directly harming or killing Azeroth, so they did they only thing they could - Seal them away in Titan Facilities, and begin experimenting on their minions to find a solution. This, like pretty much every thing a Titan has done in the past, back fired spectacularly and gave us G'huun, which was then locked up in Uldir and studied (because, you know, killing the damned thing makes too much sense for these idiots).

Right now, the only reason the Old Gods seek to escape their Titan-Made prisons is so they can finish what they started. And with Azeroth as deeply wounded as she is, N'zoth knows this is the best chance as any it's going to get to finish what it's masters wanted. Azeroth it's self isn't their prison, it's the Titan Facilities that are quarantining them like the infection they are. If N'zoth can break free of it's prison in Nyalotha, then it'll have free reign to corrupt Azeroth, rebuild it's Black Empire, and turn the World Soul into a Void Titan. There is no "Azeroth is their prison" nonsense.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    With 8.1 ToV hitting PTR, the theme is further strengthened.

8.1 Haunting down Saurfang
    Sylvanas eyeing on Ashvane.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, if you ignore the much more overt "Warchief decides to gather up a bunch of villains, gets more and more radical, and one of the "honorable" leaders starts a revolution against them" plot device.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    ...That's..not correct. At all. Azeroth isn't a prison, and the Old Gods aren't it's prisoners. The Old Gods are parasites sent to Azeroth by the Void Lords to corrupt any potential planet with a world soul, transform it into a Void Titan, and use it as a method of ripping open the boundaries between our realm, and the Void Realm, so the Void Lords can come through and presumably use the Void Titan as a living battery to sustain themselves while in our universe.

When the Old Gods originally came to Azeroth, they turned it into a nightmarish world that reflected themselves. When the Titans arrived and saw the deep corruption in the planet, their first idea was to rip the Parasites out, but in doing so, they quickly learned that would kill Azeroth (as ripping Y'shaarj out very nearly did that). The Titans had no other solution to how to kill the Old Gods without directly harming or killing Azeroth, so they did they only thing they could - Seal them away in Titan Facilities, and begin experimenting on their minions to find a solution. This, like pretty much every thing a Titan has done in the past, back fired spectacularly and gave us G'huun, which was then locked up in Uldir and studied (because, you know, killing the damned thing makes too much sense for these idiots).

Right now, the only reason the Old Gods seek to escape their Titan-Made prisons is so they can finish what they started. And with Azeroth as deeply wounded as she is, N'zoth knows this is the best chance as any it's going to get to finish what it's masters wanted. Azeroth it's self isn't their prison, it's the Titan Facilities that are quarantining them like the infection they are. If N'zoth can break free of it's prison in Nyalotha, then it'll have free reign to corrupt Azeroth, rebuild it's Black Empire, and turn the World Soul into a Void Titan. There is no "Azeroth is their prison" nonsense.

I'm not saying that the entirety of Azeroth is a prison, just most of it.
    Elemental Plane as prison for the Elemental Lords
    Seat of Pantheon for Sargeras's jail.
    Illidan and Illidari's Green crystal prison and being let loose
    Violet Hold bosses escaping their prison bars but still confined in the complex.
    N'Zoth waiting to be unleashed.
    Vol'jin being able to walk the realms of the living after being locked in his urn.
    Jaina being freed from Thros.
    Odyn using Having to interact with adventurers in Stormheim while inside Skyhold/HoV.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Sure, if you ignore the much more overt "Warchief decides to gather up a bunch of villains, gets more and more radical, and one of the "honorable" leaders starts a revolution against them" plot device.
    I did a prediction back then that Ashzara was the one to set her free. I think while being within the presence Sylvanas, she is still no free-woman but still a prisoner outside of prison bars.

Even mentioning the "Vengeance plot thickening sauce" back there
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-10-12 at 10:49 PM.

...This is kinda funny. I never realized how many prisons have been broken out of this expansion.
    It's a theme. Maybe it'll end with Sargeras busting out and finally wiping us out.