Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    Pit Lord Valehna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Twisting Nether
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    So how come a Blizzard employee just took over Morhaime's job?
    Uhm, Activision can still be expanding their influence, even with Brack as CEO. For all we know, Activision could have very well played a role in making him CEO. Many features in Legion, included the new PVP Prestige system, are lifted directly from CoD...

    Just because Activision hasn't 'Red Wedding'd' Blizzard HQ, doesn't mean they aren't taking over...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

  2. #282

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    This entire announcement of Morhaime stepping down is shady because there was no context for it. Blizzard has been doing great and there was no reason for the management shuffle. It seems like a power coup where Activision wants more control in Blizzard and inner power struggles within tightly-guarded corporation PR is often an indicative sign that something is going on in the background. Morhaime hasn't retired nor did he plan to: so why did he give up his power? You don't give up what you've worked so hard to obtain, especially when it comes to power. Something is going on and it wouldn't surprise me if the practices of loot boxes and shady MTx that Activision stands for will be in all Blizzard games at the same levels of rapacity and shamelessness.
    This is some next level science fiction.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    If the filings are there then I am wrong within the date range specified. How far back did you look at kotick's holdings?
    I'm sorry but I think I might of confused you through my posts. I'm sorry but I haven't made this clear - I'm arguing that Bobby Kotick doesn't have enough shares to currently be a major stockholder of Blizzard. Not that he used to have enough shares to be a controlling % of ATVI shares. Just that he currently doesn't.

    Sorry if I didn't make this clear to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    Interestingly, the asac stake is reported as about 90% gone. mkt opens soon no time to dig more! the footnotes make some unusual notes on asac stake and disclaiming interest in them thereof.
    I've discovered you can actually search the SEC for their documents - search under ASAC II LP

    You'll find this page ASAC II LP SEC filings

    The latest of which is - https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...231dsc13da.htm which shows a significant reduction in ASAC II LP shares - an almost 90% reduction between June 3rd 2016 and June 9th 2016. So yes you are correct - there has been a quite significant reduction in ASAC's shares.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Legion and BfA are both great expansions on par with WotLK.
    I needed a good laugh. Thanks bud!
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

  6. #286
    I am Murloc! Deficineiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Forum Logic
    Posts
    5,973
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    I'm sorry but I think I might of confused you through my posts. I'm sorry but I haven't made this clear - I'm arguing that Bobby Kotick doesn't have enough shares to currently be a major stockholder of Blizzard. Not that he used to have enough shares to be a controlling % of ATVI shares. Just that he currently doesn't.

    Sorry if I didn't make this clear to you.



    I've discovered you can actually search the SEC for their documents - search under ASAC II LP

    You'll find this page ASAC II LP SEC filings

    The latest of which is - https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...231dsc13da.htm which shows a significant reduction in ASAC II LP shares - an almost 90% reduction between June 3rd 2016 and June 9th 2016. So yes you are correct - there has been a quite significant reduction in ASAC's shares.
    I was unaware of the asac reductionon that scale (and it sounds like you were too or you would have mentioned) - that is interesting and unlike so much with atvi, this got no game press. then again, the group likely nearly tripled their money depending on what they paid vivendi (I remember it was below market which was argued to be a legal problem given how it was a demand in the negotiation, though kotick prevailed in court)

    it is good the sec is modernized. used to you had to email some clerk named edgar and wait for him to get to it.

    at any rate, my comments were based on premise that asac ii still had nearly 1/4 of atvi, and clearly they don't.

    you are grading as a A for being current in real-time, with a lower grade for ignoring previos large kotick sale (that actually got a piece somewhere because I read about it, not the actual f4) and apparently not knowing asac ii had owned 25% of atvi at one point since I was clearly referring to that)

    I get an F for current info, but a higher grade for actually being correct in my general impressions of prior share holdings/movements.

    you win!
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-10-12 at 12:31 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

  7. #287
    I am Murloc! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    5,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Seriously? THAT'S your comparison for your argument.

    Millions of players of WoW, and the few hundred that bitch and moan vocally on MMO-Champions represents the bulk of them. That's your litmus test?

    You are as thick as a slab of bedrock if you think the MMO-C circlejerk represents the common average player.
    Surprising to u, i find that my point that ppl who don't talk don't count since u have no idea what they think make more sense than u who claim most ppl who post here are jerks and vocal minority

    That's how it works even in rl, u don't count ppl who don't talk willingly at least, since u have no idea what they think, and again if u claim that ppl who post here are vocal minority whose opinion is in opposition of general public (who don't talk) in large, then I say that no we talk here in name of general public, and my proof is literally as solid strong as urs, which is btw none in both cases, since i can't know what they think and u can't either unless u are capable of reading mass minds like prof X from x-men or something
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I love BfA and I don't care what you think about it, sorry!
    The way they implemented Azerite armor is pretty horrible though and I have a solution that fixes it, also all the specs they left out because they did not have enough time to properly balance them is really shitty and shows how poor their time management is within the team.
    “If you don't believe me that is too damn bad!”

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    David Brevik is an American video game designer, producer and programmer who served as the co-founder and president of Blizzard

    https://clips.twitch.tv/DifferentBen...rcupineGivePLZ
    I would say...tin foil hat.

    But the choices made by them kinda supports this.
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

  10. #290
    Bloodsail Admiral TheVaryag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Rivia
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    David Brevik is an American video game designer, producer and programmer who served as the co-founder and president of Blizzard

    https://clips.twitch.tv/DifferentBen...rcupineGivePLZ
    I mean, that's been obvious since Cataclysm, when we felt Activision's true Influence, the store was added to buy mounts, eventually pets and the like. Cataclysm dumbed down the game until It eventually became so bland and stale as It Is now in BfA.

    It's sad people are realizing this only now, when long term fans and hardcore players of Blizzard games saw that 9 years ago. Is adding Activision Games to Battle.net not enough? Making WoW stale and boring? Loot boxes in Overwatch that are defended by Blizzard's rabid fanbase and therefore barely put under the spotlight since the controvesy with Battlefront 4 (It's actually 2, but they lost count of the first two good ones). And then Heroes of the Storm 2.0 literally the only change there Is they added loot boxes. They won't add loot boxes Into WoW only because It'd cause THAT big of a controvesy In the community, that's the only reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    So how come a Blizzard employee just took over Morhaime's job?

    Bunch of nobodies who are randomly assuming stuff.

    Or are people really expecting rich CEO level Blizzard employee's to work there until they are 100+ years old and they die?
    Why I'm glad you asked. Because we don't know, and you can't assume to know the truth In business. Could've been Morhaime was causing problems, so Activision replaced him and used a Blizzard Employee to make It look okay. OBVIOUSLY putting an activision employee In charge of Blizzard Is a stupid business maneuver. You clearly know nothing of how business' work.

    But even that, that's my assumption, anything else could be true but seeing tons of shithead managers over the past few years I wouldn't be surprised that there was Internal turmoil. You can't think that all the blizzard employees agree on everything 100 % of the time, there will be conflict, there always Is no matter what business or manager you are.
    Banned on WoW since April 2015 because Blizzard doesn't wanna help me when my account got hacked, Is being hacked not a good reason to return my account to me, Blizzard? I'm looking to speak to representatives and members of Blizzard's CS and other departments to help me fix this situation, since CS has failed me I want to seek other official channels. Feel free to message about this

  11. #291
    I am Murloc! Deficineiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Forum Logic
    Posts
    5,973
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    But even that, that's my assumption, anything else could be true but seeing tons of shithead managers over the past few years I wouldn't be surprised that there was Internal turmoil. You can't think that all the blizzard employees agree on everything 100 % of the time, there will be conflict, there always Is no matter what business or manager you are.
    it is a conspiracy theory to say that normal human behavior in corporate environments, such as we see in corporate news and post-mortems every day, also may happen at activision-blizzard. blizzard is not that kind of company!!
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Uhm, Activision can still be expanding their influence, even with Brack as CEO. For all we know, Activision could have very well played a role in making him CEO. Many features in Legion, included the new PVP Prestige system, are lifted directly from CoD...

    Just because Activision hasn't 'Red Wedding'd' Blizzard HQ, doesn't mean they aren't taking over...
    Not to mention it's pretty obvious now that WoW was released early so that Brack had the mojo to sway shareholders to appoint him. One of the best selling expansions this decade at the end of the financial year and quarter?

    They also put out their big "Okay, so maybe Azerite does suck" post the same day, but after teh announcement. Like the company was holding its breath for something to happen before admitting any fault.

    I've got a lot of negative and complicated emotions just thinking about how WoW was sold out so someone could get ahead in the company.

  13. #293
    Pit Lord Valehna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Twisting Nether
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    Not to mention it's pretty obvious now that WoW was released early so that Brack had the mojo to sway shareholders to appoint him. One of the best selling expansions this decade at the end of the financial year and quarter?

    They also put out their big "Okay, so maybe Azerite does suck" post the same day, but after teh announcement. Like the company was holding its breath for something to happen before admitting any fault.

    I've got a lot of negative and complicated emotions just thinking about how WoW was sold out so someone could get ahead in the company.
    Yup. BFA should NEVER had been released in the state it was. It's been almost 2 months, and the game is essentially still in beta. I have absolutely no plans on resubbing at this point, and have lost a lot of respect for Blizzard as a company.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •