Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Why would she need to cheat against Baine? *Sylvanas turns incorporeal and flies through Baine like she flew through the humans in BfA cinematic* *Baine dies* As usual, Alliance posters are paying no attention to Sylvanas' power set in order to pretend the few dissenters in the Horde present any physical threat to Sylvanas, to the degree that she'd need to cheat in a Mak'gora against them. Which isn't exactly an effective argument.
    Yet when Thrall used magic against Garrosh, there's been ongoing complaints of cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Yet when Thrall used magic against Garrosh, there's been ongoing complaints of cheating.
    Which was constantly countered by pointing out there is no rule against magic. What is your point here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Which was constantly countered by pointing out there is no rule against magic. What is your point here?
    Ah, now that it could be turned against Sylv, the complaints evaporate. Got it.

Even so, I note that the only objection addressed abilities, ignored that a mak'gora wouldn't accomplish a damn thing (you know, the main point) because Baine can't win, and sneered about Alliance not understanding Baine can't win. GG reading comprehension.

/golfclap
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

If there is no official rule against the use of magic in the duel then every complain about it is null, regardless of Thrall vs Garrosh or Baine vs Sylvanas or whatever your favorite pairing is. Thrall didn't cheat. Sylvanas going Banshee is also not cheating. Baine discovering that he is a shaman and summoning the might of Ragnaros is also not cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalha View Post
    When did Baine betrayed Garrosh? I missed that.
    He warned Theramore of the attack. Given that Jaina helped him reclaim Thunder Bluff from Magatha when the Horde did nothing for him, I think it was justified.

I'm not sure what all the recent "Baine betrayed the Horde" talk is about. I think Baine's fine as a character. He's always been portrayed as not that great a warrior: his introduction is Rexxar's saving him from the harpies (and don't get me started on Cairne in that situation... "My son is gone, I'm just going to waste away in my depression until I die."). We know Baine is capable of great feats of strength (End Times dungeon), but his character is about not using that strength recklessly. War Crimes built him up to be compassionate, to consider his enemies even when he doesn't want to, and I think that's continuing to play out now. I don't hate his character, and I think it's good to have some friction in the Horde. I also don't think he should ever be Warchief, as I don't think he has the resolve to break from his ideals when he needs it. But those ideals don't make him a bad character. They make him a vital part of the Horde's overall character.

Nearly all the writing in this game is bad and trite, so I'm not too fussed about bad Baine characterization. What I want Baine to do is SOMETHING, ANYTHING. He's just not a relevant character to the story of WoW. Being that I love Taurens, it would be nice to have their faction leader do...something at all. If Baine doesn't seem the right person to do this, they should kill him off and introduce someone new.

Because of one weapon rule. And in case of Shamanism magic specifically, one person rule since he had to force Elementals to help him. Not because of no magic rule because no such rule exists and you're just engaging in one of your 21398523498572349867 different straw-men.

No, it's just that you're deliberately throwing any nuance into the abyss because that's the only way you can try to force this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Because of one weapon rule. And in case of Shamanism magic specifically, one person rule since he had to force Elementals to help him. Not because of no magic rule because no such rule exists
    Good to know. May I suggest you direct the complaints at the Hordies who whine about the specifics of that rule? I wasn't sure how those debates turned out (did we get a ruling from Blizz?) because I tend to tune out intra-Horde dick waving.

and you're just engaging in one of your 21398523498572349867 different straw-men.
    Rich coming from you.

No, it's just that you're deliberately throwing any nuance into the abyss because that's the only way you can try to force this point.
    So you're going to keep ignoring that my point is Baine can't win a mak'gora against her, while sneering that Alliance ignore that Baine can't win against her?

10+ Year Old Account
    how to fix baine ? easy just kill him and be done with it

Have Baine dehorn himself for Anduin and then ask Talanji to forgive the Alliance and let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Have Baine dehorn himself for Anduin and then ask Talanji to forgive the Alliance and let it go.
    Too late, he''s already doing it.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

This ought to do the job.

In all seriousness, give him some on screen character of any kind before you worry about fixing him. He's done plenty in books but his actions in-game are so small it's laughable. He's complained about Iron Juggernaut being quite big, knelt before Vol'jin, got injured during Broken Shore, become friends with the Highmountain while we did all the work, and celebrated the defeat of the Legion. Did I miss anything? He's had so little development in-game, it's bizarre. Frankly I'll take this poor characterisation for now because at least he gets to show up.

Fixing Baine has a lot to do with figuring out why the Tauren have been loyal to the Horde all these years. Besides necessity; in all sense the Alliance would've welcomed them into the fold after SoO or Broken Shore, with Anduin in friendly terms with Baine and the night elves in general sharing similar values with them. The Horde and Alliance are at war atm, which is why the races are pretty much locked in their loyalties for now, but you could still believe Anduin would accept a backdoor negotiation with Baine to bring the tauren into the Alliance, much like Varian had with Lor'themar during MoP's conflicts. So the tauren would need to change, as a race, to be a believable part of the Horde, as I don't feel Sylvanas's stranglehold on Baine is enough.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Orcs and the accompanying Darkspears saved the Bloodhoof tribe from being wiped out by centaurs. This blood debt, plus their similar cultures earned them a place in the Horde. The same Horde Baine’s father died to save from the tyranny of Garrosh. If Baine can’t at least face up to Sylvanas like his father, would even his people support him? Would the tauren forsake the Horde and join with Anduin?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the problem with Baine desiring to have a peace instead of war. That thing doesnt need to be fixed.
    I have the problem with Baine being passive in his desire to achieve the peace. That thing should be fixed. You are fucking tauren for gods sake! Smash that Forsaken bitch with your hooves or something. And thats it. Make a pact with Anduin. Live in peace. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Too late, he''s already doing it.
    If that's true than why he still has both of his hor- ... oh... damn.