Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

German far-right rock concert ends in violence

First off, isn't the refugee crisis over? You'd think that would take away their motivation. I guess they can be mad at the immigrants not returning home. It's not like more refugees are incoming.

One million refugees was a lot of refugees to take in, that's a big impact.

700 neo-Nazis? That's a lot. At our far-right rallies about 100 people show up.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45776139

Eight police officers in an east German town were slightly injured on Saturday night after they were pelted with bottles at a far-right rock concert.

The concert, in the market place of Apolda, Thuringia, was halted after an hour because of the violence.

Around 700 neo-Nazis attended the concert, which had been dubbed "Rock Against the Overflow of Foreigners".

A counter-demonstration earlier in the day attracted a similar number of people.

An ecumenical church service in protest at the concert was also held on Saturday, attended by Thuringia's first minister, minister of the interior and minister of the environment.

The concert was legal, but the violence began as people began arriving for the concert. As well as bottles being thrown, police used pepper spray on at least one demonstrator who tried to jump the barrier checks.

State police later tweeted that eight officers were slightly injured but had not needed hospital treatment.

The concert had been moved to Apolda at the last minute after it was banned from being held as planned in a nearby city.

Support for the far right is on the rise in eastern Germany. The arrival of more than one million refugees and asylum seekers since 2015 has divided the country.

About 23% of voters in Thuringia support the far-right, anti-immigration Alternative for Germany (AfD) party, according to a recent opinion poll commissioned by public broadcaster MDR.

The co-leader of the AfD in Thuringia, Björn Höcke, has condemned the Holocaust memorial in Berlin and is well-known for inflammatory marks on refugees and race.

Germany society has been deeply divided over the influx of more than one million migrants, mostly Muslims fleeing Middle East conflicts, after Chancellor Angela Merkel's decision in 2015 to let them in.

Since then, policy changes have led to a sharp fall in the number of people seeking asylum.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

To answer your original question, fascism is not grounded in any sort of reality. It’s best to think of them as serial killers who seek public approval by weaving comforting myths. When you get to the core of it, they’re no different than Ed Gein.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

As well as bottles being thrown, police used pepper spray on at least one demonstrator who tried to jump the barrier checks.

so violence was protesters vs police? like usual

Yes, but was the music any good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Nazis are punching Nazis.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    To answer your original question, fascism is not grounded in any sort of reality. It’s best to think of them as serial killers who seek public approval by weaving comforting myths. When you get to the core of it, they’re no different than Ed Gein.
    At the core... were all the same so youre just as bad as ed gein and so am i. Hell the new born baby one house over is also.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Yes, but was the music any good?
    It's germany so . . . no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It's germany so . . . no.
    Hey, Germany gave the world Scorpions and Rammstein, as well as many others like Oomph!!, Megaherz, L'Ame Immortelle, Tanzwut and In Extremo. They know their shit when it comes to rock and metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Severn View Post
    Hey, Germany gave the world Scorpions and Rammstein, as well as many others like Oomph!!, Megaherz, L'Ame Immortelle, Tanzwut and In Extremo. They know their shit when it comes to rock and metal.
    hahaha ramm hahaha stein hahahaha

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    First off, isn't the refugee crisis over? You'd think that would take away their motivation. I guess they can be mad at the immigrants not returning home. It's not like more refugees are incoming.

It is* but are the refugees really the same places as the neo nazi's? Could be interesting to have two maps, one with refugee density and one with far right density, of Germany posted next to each other.

Maybe they are the same places, i mean it is possible. I am just curious

Edit: "It is" refers to a million being a lot of people.
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2018-10-07 at 11:43 PM.

First off, isn't the refugee crisis over?
    Depends what you mean by it.
    Over as in most countries woke up and stopped accepting "refugees"? Yeah, it's over.
    Over as in NGO boats stopped ferrying "refugees" from the coast of Lybia to Italian ports? Nope, still going strong.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hello, Stalin, I thought you were dead!

~Trotsky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Bolivar
    The US seems destined by providence to plague America with torments in the name of freedom.

Neo-Nazis are pretty evil people, It's no surprise they sought violence, that's what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Hello, Stalin, I thought you were dead!

~Trotsky.
    Wait. Are you seriously arguing that fascists don't kill people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    At the core... were all the same so youre just as bad as ed gein and so am i. Hell the new born baby one house over is also.
    What the hell are you basing this on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    It is* but are the refugees really the same places as the neo nazi's? Could be interesting to have two maps, one with refugee density and one with far right density, of Germany posted next to each other.

Maybe they are the same places, i mean it is possible. I am just curious

Edit: "It is" refers to a million being a lot of people.
    Generally, no. Most far-right people live in whites-only suburbs and gated communities. Most of them have never seen a refugee outside of TV.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wait. Are you seriously arguing that fascists don't kill people?
    I am arguing those that don't shouldn't be treated as murderers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Bolivar
    The US seems destined by providence to plague America with torments in the name of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    I am arguing those that don't shouldn't be treated as murderers...
    Even though they're openly planning on murdering people?

Deleted
    What correlation between neonazis and refugees do you see that you mention it in your OP? Makes no sense here. They are just hardcore idiots that will hopefully be watched a lot closer in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    What correlation between neonazis and refugees do you see that you mention it in your OP? Makes no sense here. They are just hardcore idiots that will hopefully be watched a lot closer in the future.
    Why would they be? Germany JUST had a scandal where a far-right sympathizer in Merkel's cabinet was promoted.

Deleted
    Why would they be? Germany JUST had a scandal where a far-right sympathizer in Merkel's cabinet was promoted.
    You only got half of the story, it got reversed and now all eyes are on that institute (again). Especially after another right-wing-terror-network in Chemnitz got exposed.

700 neo-Nazis? That's a lot. At our far-right rallies about 100 people show up.
    Just a few comments, to put this into context:

1. Neonazis have been around before the refugee crisis. You didn't know about them, because the press didn't mention them. Thanks, press.
    2. Germany has a "normal" intake of asylum seekers (not immigrants) of 500k per year. A million for one year is really nothing we can't handle.
    3. Don't compare the evil dicks please. We're not proud of them, don't ride on it...
    4. German society hasn't really been divided that much. While we would have preferred to do without this, we had an obligation to Greece and to the refugees to do the right thing. Even at the cost of political credit. But they'll bounce back. This issue of refugees has died down, as I predicted, very quickly and we're only dealing with the remnants. But these neonazis, they'll always be here. Unfortunately.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.