Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    BM is exactly the same as it was in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by caiquee1 View Post
    BM was my main spec since mist of pandaria. Warlord, Legion and BfA made it the worst spec in WoW.
    I mean MoP BM and WoD BM were almost identical.

BM in Legion and BfA had problems but both iterations were far from the worst specs in WoW.

BM in BfA is actually kind of interesting. The core gameplay is mostly fine but the biggest issue right now is pacing, and that's true for a lot of specs. It's unthinkable that Blizzard actually thinks directly attacking a major selling point of the game over other MMOs (fast, fluid combat) is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Saying BM is boring is the same thing as saying "this type of music is boring". It's not for you, it's not something general. Get over yourself. Play something else.
    That's why I question about your toughts. That's my vision about BM. Bm still the most boring class *FOR ME*. You just have to click 3 buttons.

That's why I question about your toughts. That's my vision about BM. Bm still the most boring class *FOR ME*. You just have to click 3 buttons.

Like any other spec?

I'd like to see your logs.

First of all, that is no different than any other class in the game.

Secondly, BM complexity (and enjoyment) comes from many other things OTHER than the pressing the buttons of your core abilities:

1. Frenzy / Barbed shot management
    2. Kiting properly, positioning + terrain awareness (especially in PvP)
    3. Choosing the right pet for the job or switching to a different pet mid-fight or even in the world or PvP to play with its strengths and gain an advantage (say, water walking to take a shortcut or to pop BL if the mage/shaman died or isn't present)
    4. Purging with spirit beasts
    5. Healing a teammate with spirit mend in an hour of need
    6. Mitigating heavy damage with properly timed turtles or feign death in PvP (with Survival Tactics)

Not to mention how fun it is to run Explosive Trap occasionally (mostly PvP).

Sure it would be awesome to have some more synergy between spells but saying that BM is a braindead or boring spec is only because you can't utilize the spec to its full potential. I personally miss the old MM synergy between Serpent Sting and Chimaera (and many others) but it ain't THAT bad now.
    Last edited by Axeus; 2018-10-12 at 10:28 AM.

Curious what 3 buttons you use from :
    Barbed Shot
    Bestial Wrath
    Kill Command
    Chimaera Shot
    A Murder of Crows
    Aspect of the Wild
    Cobra Shot
    Multi Shot...I know there are more but chances are if you only use 3 then misdirect or binding etc wont be part of them

Bro. Do you even Flare?

Quote Originally Posted by neildown View Post
    Curious what 3 buttons you use from :
    Barbed Shot
    Bestial Wrath
    Kill Command
    Chimaera Shot
    A Murder of Crows
    Aspect of the Wild
    Cobra Shot
    Multi Shot...I know there are more but chances are if you only use 3 then misdirect or binding etc wont be part of them

Probably:
    1. Kill Command
    2. Spend all 2 Barbed charges immediately
    3. Start spamming Cobra shots brainlessly
    4. ?????
    5. He doesn't understand why out of focus so fast and low on dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually beast master hunter is the most boring class in WoW.

Im not talking about balance. Class have lost his fantasy, we need an improved rework like Demonology Warlock.

What do you think about?

BM was my main spec since mist of pandaria. Warlord, Legion and BfA made it the worst spec in WoW.
    Opinions, but I play BM and Surv and find both easy to learn, harder to master specs. I mean the real game for me starts, when I try to go into the more delicate details and trying to maximize things as much as possible.

One thing that truly hurt BM IMO is the GCD changes. I often feel like my timeframes between each Kill Commands are heavily crammed with abilities and hindered by the clunky GCD - haste helps a lot, but we are definitely not at a point of itemization where it can be a real redeeming factor.

There's a constant need of choice between priorities what to spend your next GCD on and since there are synergies between your abilities, just by using them will constantly overwrite your priorities.
    Last edited by Regalosh; 2018-10-12 at 01:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand all these assumptions of "just clicking 3 buttons". My pet alone has 3 buttons I use constantly in a fight, not even talking about my main rotation and CD usage which adds many more buttons into the game play.

If you mean LFR level of play, then I am sure 3 buttons might be enough, but trying to push logs for any class currently isn't just simply pushing some buttons. Min/Max + doing mythic encounter mechanics isn't easy if you want to perform very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regatorn View Post
    One thing that truly hurt BM IMO is the GCD changes. I often feel like my timeframes between each Kill Commands are heavily crammed with abilities and hindered by the clunky GCD - haste helps a lot, but we are definitely not at a point of itemization where it can be a real redeeming factor.

There's a constant need of choice between priorities what to spend your next GCD on and since there are synergies between your abilities, just by using them will constantly overwrite your priorities.
    As you've stated Haste helps a lot, but the GCD changes truely made it a bit more difficult to perform on top. Makes me question again why Blizzard implemented it. Only clunkier fights, nothing more.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you describe the "class fantasy" you don't see it fulfilling - you're giving nothing to "respond" to. But that's probably your intention.

As a BeastMaster Hunter "fantasy" - to me the idea was always having tons of animals at your disposal to do everything for you.

And...yup...my BM Hunter fulfills that almost as well as it did in Legion. Just wish using the animal abilities were as strong as they were in Legion. Now MoC and Stampede aren't what they use to be (so I'm told. I still use them because its fun for me.) And I want old dire beast back!

Legion and BfA are even more close to the class fantasy for me - because its the first time in game we had more than a single pet running around with us to kill things. Now we not only get two hunter pets but more animals attacking for us in general.

As far as I'm coincerned - we need more beasts to summon with every attack! BEAST MASTER IT OUT!
    Last edited by Koriani; 2018-10-16 at 03:02 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Unless you describe the "class fantasy" you don't see it fulfilling - you're giving nothing to "respond" to. But that's probably your intention.

As a BeastMaster Hunter "fantasy" - to me the idea was always having tons of animals at your disposal to do everything for you.

And...yup...my BM Hunter fulfills that almost as well as it did in Legion. Just wish using the animal abilities were as strong as they were in Legion. Now MoC and Stampede aren't what they use to be (so I'm told. I still use them because its fun for me.) And I want old dire beast back!

Legion and BfA are even more close to the class fantasy for me - because its the first time in game we had more than a single pet running around with us to kill things. Now we not only get two hunter pets but more animals attacking for us in general.

As far as I'm coincerned - we need more beasts to summon with every attack! BEAST MASTER IT OUT!
    tbh a lot of pvp talents should have just made it into the regular talent tree, looking at dire hawk for example

I actually prefer current BM to legion. No longer my dps is 90% my pet's. Chimaera Shot and A murder of crows feels great buttons to use. Just wish Barrage wasnt so bad , luckly they are buffing the skill for 8.1.

One thing I would change is the talent Killer Cobra to something else ( it doesnt make sense now that Cobra shot reduces KC CD) and would do a rework on Stampede , heck maybe even bring it back to how it was in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    BM was one of the most boring class in Legion. Now most dps specs are boring.
    yeah, either that or dead-useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabinn View Post
    I actually prefer current BM to legion. No longer my dps is 90% my pet's. Chimaera Shot and A murder of crows feels great buttons to use. Just wish Barrage wasnt so bad , luckly they are buffing the skill for 8.1.

One thing I would change is the talent Killer Cobra to something else ( it doesnt make sense now that Cobra shot reduces KC CD) and would do a rework on Stampede , heck maybe even bring it back to how it was in WoD.
    where do you get the info that they are buffing barrage in 8.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    where do you get the info that they are buffing barrage in 8.1?

I'm hoping they do or at least buff our DPS, we're falling behind now. Sucks blizzard decided to nerf us 5% so early in the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by renroval View Post
    I'm hoping they do or at least buff our DPS, we're falling behind now. Sucks blizzard decided to nerf us 5% so early in the raid.
    well yeah, many ppl told them or knew it was going to be a kneejerk reaction. Always the same with blizzard. Dont worry we will get a 3% in the new raid pretty sure

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    tbh a lot of pvp talents should have just made it into the regular talent tree, looking at dire hawk for example
    Agreed!

/10char
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Deleted
    Tried picking up BM as my second alt for BFA.. played it all legion and it was easy but it was fast and spammy

Probably the GCD change but it just feels so much slower and clunky

I mean... The gcd change affected what, AotW and BW? Not exactly a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatwhacker View Post
    I mean... The gcd change affected what, AotW and BW? Not exactly a huge difference.
    It kinda is when you lose the GCD time with your buff up and can't get that extra KC in during that buffed window - over the course of a fight it can add upto quite a few KC opportunities missed - tbh, no idea why they re-introduced it.... but Blizz have been known to make many non-sensical decisions in the past, so we just add this on to the list