Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimshadow View Post
    It kinda is when you lose the GCD time with your buff up and can't get that extra KC in during that buffed window - over the course of a fight it can add upto quite a few KC opportunities missed - tbh, no idea why they re-introduced it.... but Blizz have been known to make many non-sensical decisions in the past, so we just add this on to the list
    And to add to that, we have to press one of our damage cooldown, Bestial Wrath quite frequently, meaning more GCD-s lost over buffing up than the others on average. Moreover the worst part is that it's just feels terrible and unnatural.. although this is just a side note.

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider24 View Post
    I love BM oh how do i miss my 2nd pet though. Was a cool feature =(
    Uhh, 2 pets is still in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caiquee1 View Post
    Actually beast master hunter is the most boring class in WoW.

Im not talking about balance. Class have lost his fantasy, we need an improved rework like Demonology Warlock.

What do you think about?

BM was my main spec since mist of pandaria. Warlord, Legion and BfA made it the worst spec in WoW.
    To each their own, I've played BM hunter since vanilla and personally I think its pretty fun in BFA. I agree that it was better during Mists (and that a lot of other specs were as well) but I enjoy it quite a bit ATM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Uhh, 2 pets is still in the game.
    Yes, but some guides (looking at Icy Veins) don't recommend using the 2nd pet because it claims there's a 40% reduction in your main pet's damage if you take that talent, which makes the kill command buff below 35% better at that tier. I haven't simmed it so I don't know, but just repeating what the IV guide mentions.

Quote Originally Posted by dayne87 View Post
    Yes, but some guides (looking at Icy Veins) don't recommend using the 2nd pet because it claims there's a 40% reduction in your main pet's damage if you take that talent, which makes the kill command buff below 35% better at that tier. I haven't simmed it so I don't know, but just repeating what the IV guide mentions.
    Yeah, the math is like this - your 2 pets get a 40% overal damage nerf - or the 2 pets gonna hit with 60% = 120% pet damage.
    It's a 20% damage buff all the time vs 50% on kill command only and only at 35% of enemy's health.
    This could be a nice talent to pick in M+ or even in PvP, cases you not gonna bennefit that much, adds gonna die fast in M+ and in PvP, if your target drops below 35%, or you kill it or he gonna regen their health.
    This buff its needed or this talent will become a cosmetic glyph in a cost of a talent, however, you if you consider the downsides of the second pet - pets got stuck everywhere, the 2 pet didn't play dead when your main pet does, 2 pet also have a little delay to cast dash, atacks, etc - the kill commnad talent becomes the best in that row.

WOW! another < insert Class here > is boring to play thread. I gotta start from the top!

BM feels like a melee spec. Only instant cast spells, and very little interactivity between the 3 main abilities you use. Wish we could go vack to the mop iteration of the spec honestly.

Deleted
    I dislike it more then legion.. but that could be because killed cobra is not used atm + the gcd changes.. that burst window were you could chuck out kill commands was great

Now it's pretty much maintaining 3 stacks

spending half your time casting cooldowns is the worst part of the spec now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ozusteapot View Post
    BM feels like a melee spec. Only instant cast spells, and very little interactivity between the 3 main abilities you use. Wish we could go vack to the mop iteration of the spec honestly.
    I agree.
    There is no buildup and the spells don't feel as impactful as they used to in earlier iterations of the spec. When you popped Beast Within back in the day it felt like shit was going down. Now it's just part of a way too quick rotation.
    The MoP iteration was solid, offered great mobility and tactical opportunities(Glaives, Piercing Shot(?)).

I have never been a fan of juggling debuffs and cooldowns, apart from keeping Serpent Sting and Hunter's Mark up, and current BM reminds me too much of Legion MM in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodvampire View Post
    Yeah, the math is like this - your 2 pets get a 40% overal damage nerf - or the 2 pets gonna hit with 60% = 120% pet damage.
    It's a 20% damage buff all the time vs 50% on kill command only and only at 35% of enemy's health.
    That's wrong, the new pet doesn't use all of its abilities. So in reality, taking animal companion is worse than literally not taking a talent on that row. It's a damage loss over nothing.

Most definitely NOT a 20% dmg buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    That's wrong, the new pet doesn't use all of its abilities. So in reality, taking animal companion is worse than literally not taking a talent on that row. It's a damage loss over nothing.

Most definitely NOT a 20% dmg buff.
    This. 2nd pet also likes to bug out and get stuck in stupid places (such as underground or in the air). 2nd pet doesn't heal via mend pet and doesn't fd. If your main pet dies, the 2nd will hang out for a bit before despawning and respawn 10-15 seconds later which causes a whole host of other issues like BW and KC becoming out of sync.

So not only is it a worse talent mathematically, its also the worst mechanically.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodvampire View Post
    This could be a nice talent to pick in M+ or even in PvP, cases you not gonna bennefit that much, adds gonna die fast in M+ and in PvP, if your target drops below 35%, or you kill it or he gonna regen their health.
    This buff its needed or this talent will become a cosmetic glyph in a cost of a talent, however, you if you consider the downsides of the second pet - pets got stuck everywhere, the 2 pet didn't play dead when your main pet does, 2 pet also have a little delay to cast dash, atacks, etc - the kill commnad talent becomes the best in that row.
    I can't speak for simming.

But you should play what you find fun - (referring back to MIRISHKA)!

I can say that when playing between the three specs - I'm killing everything way faster with 2 pets as a BM than any of the other specs with one pet. I'm surviving longer with 2 pets and can pretty much solo all WQ and all named elites (minus world raid bosses) in all current content including the elites in Arathi - with little issue. When I switch specs to either of the other two, that just isn't the case.

The 2nd pet doesn't FD when you and your other pet does, no - but I find 90% of the cases mobs stop attacking the 2nd pet when I/pet FD. If not then it only takes a few seconds for that 2nd pet to die (while me and the other pet are still comfortably playing dead) and then you popup and it reappears in a few seconds. No big deal.

And I've had no pathing issues that the "main" pet didnt experience - and desummoning one pet to get it to you faster desummons them both. And so far I've had to do this all of two times in games.

Now I'm obviously no min/maxxer. I don't run raids/M+ weekly or anything so I can't answer for DPS numbers in group/raid play all the time.

But solo - BM with 2 pets, hands down. One (for me) just isn't fun after getting use to 2. And as I play between the specs just to "change it up" - I always get frustrated at how much longer everything takes when I lose the 2nd pet and play the other two specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    This. 2nd pet also likes to bug out and get stuck in stupid places (such as underground or in the air). 2nd pet doesn't heal via mend pet and doesn't fd. If your main pet dies, the 2nd will hang out for a bit before despawning and respawn 10-15 seconds later which causes a whole host of other issues like BW and KC becoming out of sync.

So not only is it a worse talent mathematically, its also the worst mechanically.
    And I can honestly say - this has never happened to me. 2nd pet's never been stuck anywhere like that. And if my pet dies and it despawns it doesn't come back on its own. Unless I rez my pet, and then yes, it respawns in a handful of seconds and goes back to business. I've never had KC and BW be out of sync because I don't wait on my 2nd pet to hit those buttons, because the 2nd pet no - isn't THAT important if I need to pop a BW in that 10 seconds then I pop it.

Its not all about making number 1 on the dps charts for some of us. All I know is - things die way faster with 2 pets than with one and I have almost zippo downtime between fights, even with elites. If I switch to survival or MM - not only is it slower but I end up dying more often (at all - never happens with BM). (ilevel around 345 currently)

Not saying its not buggy or things can't happen. But ancedotal evidence is just that - you have negative experiences, I do not. So its not "every BM hunter using 2 pet experiences all of this all the time."

For someone thinking about which they'd rather play - see which one is more fun for you and play that!
    Last edited by Koriani; 2018-11-01 at 04:57 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love my bm .. its so much fun.. .. I just love collecting all the pets changing them up renaming them funny names

I tamed Loque'nahak, Terropene, and Sambas within half an hour thanks to a realm-hopping trick. Which is perfectly within the ToS, by the way.

That said, I still use my Clefthoof who is almost like Ferocity and Tenacity combined.

Im not talking about balance. Class have lost his fantasy, we need an improved rework like Demonology Warlock.

What do you think about?

BM was my main spec since mist of pandaria. Warlord, Legion and BfA made it the worst spec in WoW.
    People like a spec that gives you great performance with no effort at all. Playing a BM hunter is playing WoW on easy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    People like a spec that gives you great performance with no effort at all. Playing a BM hunter is playing WoW on easy mode.
    Stupid over-used meme. Many specs in the game are just as easy if not easier than BM.

What do you think about?

BfA actually turned it into a fine spec,sometimes - even challenging,cause you have to keep the buff up at all costs. It could use another ability or two to use,but it's in fine spot,can't compare it to the peak of boredom it was in Legion.

Wonder which spec do you consider "difficult" - I think,that elemental shaman is way more boring than BM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Having both cd's on the global cooldown feels a little bit odd, but i really enjoy bm.
    I am glad they replaced dire beast. it always felt weird to summon beasts in the seat of the pantheon or in the lower levels of tomb of sargeras so frequently.

What about crows?

Quote Originally Posted by Whistl3r View Post
    What about crows?
    I don't like crows. Hate it. Wish it wasn't more viable than Thrill of the Hunt or Venomous Bite.

It just feels awkward using it every minute in a build, which already suffers of being bottlenecked by GCD -- becomes even worse, when figthing trash and you have to reapply it much more often due to the reset.