Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rework should happen in 8.1.5

Raid started, no change, no rework, no tunning. 8.1 is hopeless for Shadow now.

Dug a little bit in the previous patches, 7.1 also did nothing to address class mechanics, all rework was done in 7.1.5.

Sorry guys, aim for 8.1.5 now. However, if history has told us anything, they will tune the numbers significantly as the patch goes live, stay tuned for that.

Deleted
    If the ele shaman "rework" is any indicator to go by, all spriests should reroll to a new class. Save yourself the time.

Even by Blizzard's 2018 standards, that's disappointing.

Can't wait for this "Void Eruption now deals 12 billion % damage" hotfix

They acknowledged Shadow's issues in June. So, if they don't have anything prepared for 8.1, that will be over 5 months on the backburner... Or perhaps 5 months of dev ideas failing internal testing? Dunno what's worse.

And 7.1.5's rework was a rushed response to S2M ending up OP (who woulda guessed???). If they couldn't come up with something in 5 months, I'd bet 8.1.5 "fixes" end up just as haphazard as 7.1.5... Which brought us the highly susceptible 1 minute rotation and an overbuffed Void Eruption that is still cumbersome and counter intuitive. So, no, pray they don't repeat that.

I thought the fact that a CM acknowledged that very descriptive spriest thread on the US forums was promising. That thread did an excellent job of summarizing why the class doesn't feel great right now and kept the feedback positive, which Blizzard really likes. Ythiesen is slightly more subtle than Lore, but based on Lore's obvious reading of a 12-gild reddit post leading to a post about "agency in azerite traits" less than 24 hours later, I'd take Ythiesen's acknowledgement as a sign that devs are actually looking at that thread and working on SPRIEST right now. Hopefully the next PTR will have our changes live.

Quote Originally Posted by lobocito View Post
    I thought the fact that a CM acknowledged that very descriptive spriest thread on the US forums was promising. That thread did an excellent job of summarizing why the class doesn't feel great right now and kept the feedback positive, which Blizzard really likes. Ythiesen is slightly more subtle than Lore, but based on Lore's obvious reading of a 12-gild reddit post leading to a post about "agency in azerite traits" less than 24 hours later, I'd take Ythiesen's acknowledgement as a sign that devs are actually looking at that thread and working on SPRIEST right now. Hopefully the next PTR will have our changes live.
    He literally intervened to inform everyone the thread was extended.

90% of the feedback inside this topic is exactly the same as the Beta post feedback

Rofl here we go again

It's just alpha
    Wait til beta
    8.1 will fix it
    8.1.5 will fix it

You people are terrible and this is why priest will get nothing.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Rofl here we go again

It's just alpha
    Wait til beta
    8.1 will fix it
    8.1.5 will fix it

Realistically, what should they do when Blizzard ignored feedback all the way from Alpha?
    There is nothing you can do except hope they listen to do appropriate fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Realistically, what should they do when Blizzard ignored feedback all the way from Alpha?
    There is nothing you can do except hope they listen to do appropriate fixes.
    You do what boomkins and ele shamans did. Make their class a meme and have it spammed everywhere. There's like 1 post of shadow priest a month that brings up issues but before boomkins and shamans announced fixes the reddit and forums were spammed with memes.

That's literally the only thing they listen to because it produces a chain reaction of bad rep, damage control really
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do what boomkins and ele shamans did. Make their class a meme and have it spammed everywhere. There's like 1 post of shadow priest a month that brings up issues but before boomkins and shamans announced fixes the reddit and forums were spammed with memes.

That's literally the only thing they listen to because it produces a chain reaction of bad rep, damage control really
    WoD should show you that they don't really give a fuck about bad rep or damage control when they felt like they were okay with letting an entire EXPANSION slide.
    And guess what, they're still filthy rich and will continue to be filthy rich because people have a pretty solid onset of sunk cost fallacy.

Dude I said this same shit a while ago, this group of players is helpless it's pitiful, look around the forum you have people having full on conversations about which azerite traits are the best, meanwhile there is a sims and logs in proving everything they "feel" is good was wrong, they still entertain the topic.

Basically, we need WOTLK Shadow back with or without the flavor of infinite SW:P from mindflay refresh

Raid testing isn't about class balance or encounter balance. It would have been nice to play shadow for raidtesting, but it doesn't mean anything. There are still a lot of bosses to test and many classes are unchanged as well.

7.1 was announced before legion went live and released soon after. There was not much time to work on classes. Mythic was opened 27/28th of september, 7.1 was released on the 25/26th of october. They did a lot of balance updates with the patch, but its easy to see why no major rework had happened.

It's not right what blizzard did, its actually pretty easy to fix shadow without making new talents etc. which should happened before bfa went live, but its to early to say we dont get anything.(making the spec work, not fixing)
    Considering they felt 7.1 was to early and was released two months after the expansion went live, we probably have another month for testing.
    They had about six months, maybe more considering they decided probably earlier to stop to work on shadow, to find a solution.
    We probably don't have time to give feedback and have to play (or not) whatever blizzard gives us, but i really don't think we get nothing.

I'm still shocked how hard blizzard-activision fucked up bfa. Since start, this expansion has been pure shitshow. How Blizzard, with it's reputation regarding quality and delaying game to polish it - could release this shit? Ok ok, I can understand bugs, but the core - Playable characters (classes) were not ready. This is MAIN feature of ANY rpg game, and even before launch blizzard mentioned classes are not ready but they will ship game anyway. What. The. Fuck.

If blizzard won't bring class changes in 8.1, seems like they will lose a lot of players.
    Last edited by EliteNightKnight; 2018-10-09 at 07:36 PM.

Beta for Azerite.

Rofl here we go again

It's just alpha
    Wait til beta
    8.1 will fix it
    8.1.5 will fix it

Well i thought waiting till 8.1 was lenient. I am still dead set on unsubbing if they do not have anything in 8.1

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Well i thought waiting till 8.1 was lenient. I am still dead set on unsubbing if they do not have anything in 8.1
    My guildy said they did a 5% (or 10%, I can't remember) boost to Void Form damage/buff on the PTR. It looks like they are just going to adjust numbers again, not fix the spec's real rotational problems/fluidity.

In Legion the haste bonus from Voidform was higher, the weapon traits complimented a higher insanity generation and
    Shadow Word: Death was baseline.
    If you`re going by the "rework" that Elemental Shaman is receiving you`ll be disappointed, thus far on the PTR it`s only the introduction of
    some new talents, granted one or two are more interesting but it`s nothing revolutionary.

If they view Voidform as a DPS cooldown that is used as often as possible, how would you even tune for that, especially in settings which require high
    mobility when you`re a turret caster at least until you manage to enter VF.
    VF is a relic of a now bygone era when the artifact weapon allowed it`s flaws to not appear quite so obvious, with the weapon gone the playstyle now suffers.
    Ideally they would go back to Shadow Orbs with added talents to enhance it, but it should be interesting if their efforts include something other than
    mere talent reshuffling/reworks.

Well I hope 8.1 makes the spec useful. What shadow needs the most imo is some fucking utility. Paired with low/ average damage it's a waste of a spot. If shadow isn't at least somewhat desirable for M+ and M raiding in 8.1 I'm out, I don't want to heal (again). Maybe I'll get the inspiration to gear/ rep my rogue up, but at this point I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    Well I hope 8.1 makes the spec useful. What shadow needs the most imo is some fucking utility. Paired with low/ average damage it's a waste of a spot. If shadow isn't at least somewhat desirable for M+ and M raiding in 8.1 I'm out, I don't want to heal (again). Maybe I'll get the inspiration to gear/ rep my rogue up, but at this point I doubt it.
    I totally agree. The spec needs to redeem itself in the eyes of Pug group leaders: "if I take this spriest, my group will have this very noticeable asset !".
    Things like CR, shroud, mass grip, strong snares, cheat-death-like abilities or immunities, etc.

Shadow does have a decent amount of utility, though. Mass Dispel is always useful and Dispel Magic is great as well. Silence, Psychic Horror (if you pick that talent) and even Psychic Scream all have use. Leap of Faith and Purify Disease can both be lifesavers, especially if you aren't running with a Priest healer.

The issue is that, while there are some unique and significant abilities there, it isn't as if other classes/specs don't also have unique and significant utility so at that point shadow's just left with its mediocre damage-dealing.