Easy class for total Arena newb

Would like to start doing Arena but never done them before. Just gonna assume Im bad because I cant even survive getting trained while doing the Skirmish weekly. So whats the easiest, most faceroll class to start out with. Im gonna assume Im going to be forced to reroll since my only 120s right now are Warlock and DK both of which seem to be total shit right now. I heard Holy Pally is basically free 1800 but never played one before. I dont like DH, have made like 10 and the highest one only made it to 106 before being deleted. Never played Rogue past level 30 before I didnt like leveling them. So I guess maybe Warrior? Or should I just learn to play my DK since its my favorite class and pray they get buffs in 8.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Would like to start doing Arena but never done them before. Just gonna assume Im bad because I cant even survive getting trained while doing the Skirmish weekly. So whats the easiest, most faceroll class to start out with. Im gonna assume Im going to be forced to reroll since my only 120s right now are Warlock and DK both of which seem to be total shit right now. I heard Holy Pally is basically free 1800 but never played one before. I dont like DH, have made like 10 and the highest one only made it to 106 before being deleted. Never played Rogue past level 30 before I didnt like leveling them. So I guess maybe Warrior? Or should I just learn to play my DK since its my favorite class and pray they get buffs in 8.1?
    Well yes, Warlock's and DK's are very weak in arena right now. Although, buffs are coming to DK's and Warlock.

If you are new to pvp, you should forget about Warlocks, they are not easy to play in arena at all.

Frost DK is very easy to play, but is underpowered in arena right now.

You said you didn't want to play DH and that's what I would have suggested you... DH are very easy, as they dont even have full 2 page of spellbook, many of them are passive. It's one of the easiest class to play with DK's.

Rogue are far from easy. Warriors are easy to learn, but there is a huge gap between a good warrior and a bad warrior. I wouldn't advise it.

Rogue is one of the hardest class to play (At least sub), stay away from those.

You should stick to your DK, they are shit right now, but you might as well get some practice as frost, when the buffs hits youll have good gear and the hang of it, so you can climb easy.

As frost DK, only Disc Priest and Hunters are giving me hell. They are quite straight forward when it comes to learning a rotation. So they would be your safe bet, based on your post.

But the easiest, would indeed be DH.

Step 1: Roll MW monk
    Step 2: learn to kite (not hard for MW monk)
    Step 3: look for glad team, lie about your exp, tell them you are playing on friends acc if need be
    Step 4: get to 2000 rating before your team realizes you are full of shit
    Step 5: find any decent team with 2k+ cre
    Step 6: keep lying about your exp and skill
    Step 7: reach 2200 rating before your new team realizes you are full of shit
    Step 8: profit???

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Step 1: Roll MW monk
    Step 2: learn to kite (not hard for MW monk)
    Step 3: look for glad team, lie about your exp, tell them you are playing on friends acc if need be
    Step 4: get to 2000 rating before your team realizes you are full of shit
    Step 5: find any decent team with 2k+ cre
    Step 6: keep lying about your exp and skill
    Step 7: reach 2200 rating before your new team realizes you are full of shit
    Step 8: profit???
    The only thing that's full of shit is your post...

This guy has no experience in arena. He can't pick a healer and get 2k easy by lying. Nothing like this is ever going to work.

If it was an attempt at being funny while pointing out MW is op (Which they are not).... Well... Okay.

yeah DH would proly be the easiest but if I didnt just restore a character I would screenshot my restore list. Like 4 DHs on my main, Alliance server and 2 more on my Horde server lol. I just didnt like their playstyle. I might try one again but feel like its just going to get deleted.

Play Assassination/Sub Rogue, find a good burst or control team for 3v3. Unbind everything except stealth, vanish and cheapshot. Get to 1800 before you realize that WoW arenas are ungodly fucking boring, stupid and slow and go back to games that aren't like injecting chunky mud into your dickhole.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Play Assassination/Sub Rogue, find a good burst or control team for 3v3. Unbind everything except stealth, vanish and cheapshot. Get to 1800 before you realize that WoW arenas are ungodly fucking boring, stupid and slow and go back to games that aren't like injecting chunky mud into your dickhole.
    lol I just want some transmogs and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Every class and spec has had a chance at being strong. Even tanks were tier 1 at one point in WoW's life.

If DK is your favourite class, learn DK.

Arena is about macro play anyway. Sure, maybe you'll be less effective but the main thing is learning enemy cooldowns, understanding when to be offensive/defensive and using your cooldowns effectively.

The questions you should ask after every game is "how did I die? could I have done anything differently? should I have trinketed earlier?"

When you get some practice in, the game slows down a lot and you're able to think a few steps ahead. The game is essentially speed chess, where you do a move and your opponent counters.

The most important thing is keybinding literally every spell, using focus macros and minimising the amount of clicking you do. I have scroll wheel bound to arena target (arena1 = mouse up, arena 2=mouse down, arena3=middle mouse). I also have focus macros for my interrupts (mind freeze/DG) and stuns. The only thing I click is totems or pets

the next thing to do is set up your UI so your eyes dont need to move all over the screen to get all the info. Have a look at some top PvPer twitch streams to see how they set up their UI. I'm a fan of Xaryu's.

Finally, you need to determine your playstyle. Are you going to run over the enemy team using pure damage and stuns and force them to play defensive and peel all game, or will you control and land kills when the enemy can't do anything about it?

I recommend going outside Org/Stormwind and duelling anyone. You'll get your ass handed to you but there's no better way to learn what other classes do then by either playing them yourself or losing to them constantly. This is also a great way to find some teammates. BG's etc are a decent way to learn PvP too, but they're generally just a clusterfuck and the players in there seem like bots.

Once you get all that down pat, then you can focus on re-rolling if DK's are shit. But before 1800, you can play literally anything.

Learning a class is 1 small part of arena, the skill comes from a macro analysis. If you're completely new, re-rolling will just give you the same frustrations except now you need to re-learn a class

Survival hunter / assa rogue / feral / enhancer. Basically pick any melee that isnt DK.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Survival hunter / assa rogue / feral / enhancer. Basically pick any melee that isnt DK.
    he said easy, not OP.
    Frost DK is the easiest to play of all specs in the entire game, especially because of how small the gap between "learning the class" and "mastering it" is in frost's case. But I'd argue that Unholy is quite hard to master, so apologies if you meant it.