Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Atal'Dazar M+ - vol'kaal thrash

Hi guys, i am prot pally and i need help.

I start with rezan > priest and then go to that boss (totem boss) by bridge.

When get there, there were a thrash pack that is hard. How to manage then?

Its usually a pain, because the big guys stays dropping non stop the shits on ground, and if run to much u could get out of range from healer.

I have more problems with it in fortified. Wasnt much of a problem with tyrannical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's "trash", thrash is what a bear tank does.

/wanders off.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's "trash", thrash is what a bear tank does.

/wanders off.
    Ty to my phone that write thrash instead of trash lol, and cant edit title on tapatalk.

Pull the stealth stair guys first and get them out of the way. After that make sure to tell your group not to attack the totem and kill the hexxers first. Once you pop the totem and the reanimated honor guards start decomposing kite them down the stairs whenever they drop stuff under you. If the healer isn't on the stairs its their fault.

I'd just skip this trash, it's actually terrible.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what the guy above (above but 1, someone beat me to posting) said. You can also CC the hexxers if you're careful, kill totem and handle the big guys first. Bit less hectic for your healer that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    I'd just skip this trash, it's actually terrible.
    You can't skip it? It is right in front of the boss. I doubt you could skip it by stealth and do the boss without pulling it, though I have never tried. Even if you did, you would surely pull it after doing the boss, no?

If you don't kill the totems, the big guys don't do their AoE thing.
    My groups usually kill the small adds, then the totem, then focus fire one big add at a time.
    Tank circles around stairway's opening.

Haven't had much issue.

Like the guy said above, jump down on the stairs first and pull the 2 invisible rogues patting around. So many tanks in my groups don't seem to realize this, and they always pop out in the middle of that hard trash pull and melee the healer to death without being pulled off.

Ty for help, ill try this.

Stealth guys i always kill then, since i use the shortcut from priest to avoid most of thoses trashs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Pretty much what the guy above (above but 1, someone beat me to posting) said. You can also CC the hexxers if you're careful, kill totem and handle the big guys first. Bit less hectic for your healer that way.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't skip it? It is right in front of the boss. I doubt you could skip it by stealth and do the boss without pulling it, though I have never tried. Even if you did, you would surely pull it after doing the boss, no?
    Actually skipped it once with pug with rogue then when we come out, tank lured them away while rest ran past and just ressed tank. Didnt pull them while fighting boss if youre far enough

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Hi guys, i am prot pally and i need help.

I start with rezan > priest and then go to that boss (totem boss) by bridge.

When get there, there were a thrash pack that is hard. How to manage then?

Its usually a pain, because the big guys stays dropping non stop the shits on ground, and if run to much u could get out of range from healer.

I have more problems with it in fortified. Wasnt much of a problem with tyrannical

its the big guys that throw out the shit, but they dont do that until the totem is destroyed, so you can pull it all, have the dps leave the totem up, and then kill them once other trash is dead.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

CC one caster, kill the other, kill the cc'ed caster, kill the totem and then kill the big guy. The big guys don't do their aoes until you kill the totems.

Or use invis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

I'm a healer and I find that pull on a +10 fort week to be harder than anything else in m+. Harder than any other pull or boss.

Surely it must be slightly overtuned, there is just way too much unavoidable damage even if you deal with the pull slowly by killing the totems after the casters. I can heal through it, but it requires 2-3 CDs + my entire mana pool and several player's own externals. They should shift more of the damage from that pull onto the avoidable ground based poison and tone down the unavoidable pulses of damage that hit like a truck.

Take a dk and use control undead on one of the big guys, it helps alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusrules View Post
    Take a dk and use control undead on one of the big guys, it helps alot.
    Yup, shame there is no alternative if you lack a DK

playing a prot paladin myself, the pack sucks indeed. We tend to clear most packs untill the final one infront of vol'kaal, then we skip the big one infront of him by having either me or a hunter pull it and drag it away from the group, they run in and i die and get ressurected. We do the same when exiting the boss room. Since you do not need the entire boss room to kill him (green shit on the floor despawns in time to not go too close to the entrance with the mobs still alive), then the mobs being around is a none issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post
    Any cc works on the big guys. The big guys and the hexxars are the main issues. Kick the polymorph casts and don't break totem early and the pack is easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsc92 View Post
    any CC that works on undead works..

Shackle should work. Hex, Ice trap, Fear Undead?

that trashpack has to be among the top 3 for the title of "idiots wipe the group"
    i cannot remember how many times i had people who thought they were smart and killed the totems first because "they heal the big guy!!"

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    any CC that works on undead works..

Shackle should work. Hex, Ice trap, Fear Undead?
    Can confirm Paralysis works too.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!