Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cool Q&A 11.10.18 FB reaction

People basically ripping them a new one in FB comments. They have a full blown social media crisis on their hands and I dare say they want to handle it in house instead of finally hiring professionals for that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The comment section always rips them a new one. You should see the Twitch Chat.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What?

When is that ever NOT the case?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What?

When is that ever NOT the case?
    I may have been slow to check previously, so maybe 1-2 days after such events the comments are cooled off / deleted / managed by FB / etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The comment section always rips them a new one. You should see the Twitch Chat.
    Link or example pls

Why even do a new Q&A if they don't have any substantial changes to announce, though?
    Ion rambling for one hour straight won't fix any problems.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Link or example pls
    Just go to twitch during every single q&a. Even on worst days MMOChamp is heaven full of stable people compared to this.

My personal order (from best to worst) would be: guild chat>discussion in smaller streamer/youtuber channels>reddit>mmochamp>official forum>trade chat>comments on youtube>twitch. Basically all below MMOChamp (and about 50% posts here) are pure trash.

No idea where facebook would fit, probably little above youtube, since people put their names and stuff. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nothing new on any of their social media platforms. People love to say they don't care but they're primarily interested in what people are complaining about just to get a sense of what to look at. They aren't going to do anything whatsoever to the game to "fix" comment threads on Facebook or anywhere else. Nor do I think they should really since so much of it is clearly non-constructive criticism.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is nothing new on any of their social media platforms. People love to say they don't care but they're primarily interested in what people are complaining about just to get a sense of what to look at. They aren't going to do anything whatsoever to the game to "fix" comment threads on Facebook or anywhere else. Nor do I think they should really since so much of it is clearly non-constructive criticism.
    I agree, however any company with internet presence (not to mention an internet based gaming company like Blizz) would be interested in a very specialized social crisis management tool/company/expert. Blizz doesn't seem to go for that, which is strange to me.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I may have been slow to check previously, so maybe 1-2 days after such events the comments are cooled off / deleted / managed by FB / etc.

Link or example pls
    One person was saying things that probably could warrant an FBI visit.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    People basically ripping them a new one in FB comments. They have a full blown social media crisis on their hands and I dare say they want to handle it in house instead of finally hiring professionals for that.
    Any Facebook comment section contains a lot of shit. A lot of Blizzard's does as well. Doesn't matter if good or bad news, someone is going to throw a fit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Social media crisis, in case you're not familiar with social media, that's the general state of it
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

For a game where the players treat cynicism and outrage as a hobby it seems fairly quiet.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I actually thought the Q&A was pretty good overall. Ion did not reveal anything earth shattering but he did explain the philosophy behind what Blizzard is doing pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, however any company with internet presence (not to mention an internet based gaming company like Blizz) would be interested in a very specialized social crisis management tool/company/expert. Blizz doesn't seem to go for that, which is strange to me.
    In a lot of ways they are very conservative and backwards about this. Perhaps rightly so when every move they make with respect to social media platforms is met with a huge wave of derision. I agree that it's not very smart and that they need to hire some people from outside that can manage that end of things. This is probably where their preference for hiring from within is hurting them. Their entire customer-facing presence needs a serious rework. I mean really, what's with passing around the giant hand mikes on their own Q&As? It's just one thing but I think it's telling and quite amateurish.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a social media crisis

This is what FB is all the time.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Why even do a new Q&A if they don't have any substantial changes to announce, though?
    Ion rambling for one hour straight won't fix any problems.
    That's not the purpose of a Q&A.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    What do you call it when they're getting shit on all over:

Reddit, MMO-Champ, Official Forums, YouTube, Facebook, ScrollsofLore etc?

That was a pointless fucking Q&A. A whole lot of words to say absolutely nothing at all.

Lore: "Oh yep, makes sense."
    I call it pretty standard QQ

People aren't happy unless they're complaining about something. Happens all the time, and not just for Blizzard. This is just what people do

For example, you have been shitting on BFA all the way since the beta and yet you bought it AND are still subbed.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Next Q&A drinking game idea: take a shot every time Ion says these words: "IN THE FUTURE"
    I guarantee you won't end up well.

I expected nothing and got less...

I need to go and post a thread on reddit so they can react to MMOC reactions to Facebooks reaction to the QA, like those reaction youtube video loops

In all seriousness though, I'm suprised we got a QA so early after the previous one. Maybe 8.1 is coming sooner than we thought? (even if the raid doesnt open for awhile)